What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

peppers

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
so its about harvest time for me with the habanero peppers curious as to what everyone else is doing with there habaneros..

how to store them?

dehydrate and then grind into a powder for sprinkling on stuff! or even make into hot sauces!!!! make chili with them or other dishes like soups and freeze the product?
hope it helps im growin ghosts now!!!

tweeds

can them in jars.
i grow scotch bonnets, bhut jolokia, chocolate habeneros, peter peppers and jalapenos.
with the scotch bonnets i make carribean style jerk marinades and can it in jars.
the bhut jolokias i dehydrate and store whole because they are so hot that rarely ever do i use a whole pepper.
the chocolate habeneros i make a mango, pineapple cilantro relish and jar and dehydrate as well.
the peters i ring and make a gardenia style vegetable blend with.
the jalapenos i do all kinds of stuff with like smoking, canning, pickling etc.
in all cases i take a few pwppers from my best plants and dehydrate them fully so i have seeds for the next year.
start them indoors a month before weather will permit or more if you have space in a window. in some cases it takes a month for them to break soil and can be most stubborn little buggers to get to crack there shells.
caution when making the hot sauces must be used as well. it is a good idea but i learned the hard way a few years back that if you don't have a way to do it outside then your gonna be coughing violently while your near the pot breathing.

tattoojim

dehydrate and then grind into a powder for sprinkling on stuff! or even make into hot sauces!!!! make chili with them or other dishes like soups and freeze the product?
hope it helps im growin ghosts now!!!
this is what we do with the habeneros we grow..i wear safety glasses, rubber gloves, and a resporator..
mix powder peppers with season salt, garlic powder and a lil ms dash.. we call it tripple X season salt..and its fire on any thing you want to have heat...straight powder we call FUCUSBOFUS

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
hey thanks guys. im on it. got a shitload of chilli peppers to... hey man can you mail me a live ghost pepper plant? hah i need that in my life. suppose to be 5x hotter then habanero

tattoojim

hey thanks guys. im on it. got a shitload of chilli peppers to... hey man can you mail me a live ghost pepper plant? hah i need that in my life. suppose to be 5x hotter then habanero
dude have you ever seen a peter pepper? they are not as hot as our killer peppers. but they are funny as shit..look like a winnie lol

a guy at the hydro store was tryn to get me to eat a ghost pepper for a hunny of my bill..lol i told him i would eat it and wash it down witha bottle of hygrozyme, but he was gonna have to drop ten hunnies and give me all my gear i was picking up for free..
he didnt want to do that lmao

T

toughmudderdave

I generally make hot sauce w/ our Habs. Jalapenos and Serranos will get canned into Escabeche and added to pickles for a "zesty" component.

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
id like to make a defense spray with some of them. anyone ever done this?

tweeds

to make a defense style spray use grain alcohol, bacardi 101, vodka. grind up the peppers place them in a jar and cover with the alcohol. leave in the fridge for 3 to 4 days tightly covered shaking two to three times a day. after this get a second jar and place a funnel in it. place a coffee filter in the funnel and pour the alcohol through it. taste it, see if its hot enough for you and if not repeat the process with the alcohol pepper mix. you can cook with it, deter pests with it stop burglars with it.....it's limits are your imagination... best of luck.....

Attachments

• DSC00558.jpg
    DSC00558.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 17

supermanlives

Veteran
pepper powder. got a new blend rocking it. scotch bonnets,jalapenos and b huts. wow its tasty and fucking hot man

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
made a nice rub for my steak tips the other night... WOW i may have went overboard my insides are still burning

John Deere

Veteran
I just pull my peppers off the plant, destem them and they go straight into the freezer in ziplock freezer bags. They look a little funky when they thaw but I mainly use them for cooking and making sauces so that's not an issue. I had a couple jalapenos in my huevos this morning. Tasty.

I also cut some in half, dehydrate them and then grind them up to sprinkle on foods instead of that weak-ass store bought crushed red pepper. Much better flavor and way more heat.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I'm with JD for most of my Excess peppers, I'll pop em straight into freezer bags and freeze em for later use in cooking.

A couple will get dehydrated and used as seed donors for next years crop.

Latest posts

Latest posts