What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I Know these love Tomato's, but....

BrownThumb

Do you suppose they would feast on MJ or pass it by due to the resin glands?

Attachments

• Worms! 004.jpg
    Worms! 004.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 17
O

OrganicOzarks

Cast away these evil creatures that you speak of, and never allow their name to be even a thought in your mind.

These fuckers will tear up some mater's. Don't think they will touch the mj though.

Sir_Syzurp

I kill 3-4 of these mofos a freakin day, I lost 3 heirloom tomato crops because of these douches. From what I have seen, and mind you my mj was literally touching my tomatoes at times during rotations, these guys had absolutely no interest in my herb. They do however like my serrano, jalapeno, cayenne, red & green bells, even my freakin thai, globe, sweet basils!

BrownThumb

Bacillus thuringiensis is what I hear takes care of these horn worms. That or your fingers if you can stand to touch them suckers! I have had years where I literally pulled off close to 100 of these from 7 or 8 Tom.'s.

supermanlives

Veteran
those things eat 24 hours a day lol. found some as big as 6 inches long before. had them fuckers eat half my tomato plants in a greenhouse while i was on vacation once. damage to mj plants has always been minimum.they seem to preferr other plants

Drift13

My gardening scissors make short work of these green eating machines. Did ya know they have green & brown guts....
I check my 30 buckets of heirloom Maters every day & sometimes twice.

Littleleaf

Veteran
I don't know who took this pic but it is a good one of a big worm eating a bud.

Attachments

• 149147_169221793099359_5685210_n.jpg
    149147_169221793099359_5685210_n.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 14

Sir_Syzurp

That does not look like the green horn worms he is speaking of, although that is a remarkable picture, Im wondering if that is the mature version of the tiny green worms that do feed off bud

S

SeaMaiden

Doesn't look like what the green ones I've found become, which is just gigantic versions of their little selves.
I don't know who took this pic but it is a good one of a big worm eating a bud.
That son of a bitch is beautiful. Son of a bitching, but beautiful.

Littleleaf

Veteran
Ain't IT!:peacock:

That's why I kept it, just wish I new who took it. Then I could get the original and have a poster made from it.:dance013:

Doesn't look like what the green ones I've found become, which is just gigantic versions of their little selves.

That son of a bitch is beautiful. Son of a bitching, but beautiful.

Littleleaf

Veteran
There is SO many variations of the sphinx moth caterpillars,it most likely is related.
Here's some more of pics of them.

That does not look like the green horn worms he is speaking of, although that is a remarkable picture, Im wondering if that is the mature version of the tiny green worms that do feed off bud

Attachments

• imagesCAUDJQNJ.jpg
    imagesCAUDJQNJ.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 12
  • sm.jpg
    sm.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 11
  • imagesCALIS37L.jpg
    imagesCALIS37L.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 12
  • imagesCA1V9ESJ.jpg
    imagesCA1V9ESJ.jpg