What's new

Moles

not sure if it works but I was told put bubble gum where they are running they eat it and cant digest it well... kinda mean but so is starving cause moles or ground hogs eat your garden up

They

Great thread. We moved to our new place a few months back and I saw tunnels and thought moles. Well its voles for sure, we saw one in the driveway one night. I've never heard of them before. I'm glad that I didn't get a big bag of grub control for nothing. Our mini schnauzer has apparently been digging them up and I thought he was misbehaving because he has never dug before. Dog will hunt, you can't stop DNA. So my new hobby is vole hunting with the dog. If your not a cat person (I'm not) think about a farm ratter of the canine variety.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I had a half acre years ago that was infested with moles and voles, I tried eveything including the Tailpipe treatmentnothing worked. Then I talked to more than a few people in the landscaping business that said they are after the grubs, so one guy put a bottle in a plastic bag and said I wasn't suppose to have it and said this will take care of the grubs, showed me how to mix it, I have no idea what "IT" was but I did not have any moles after a few weeks, however my Naybor had twice as many... SHHH!!!

Peace

B

buddymate

Aluminum Phosphide is a Restricted Use Pesticide so may be purchased and used only by certified applicators
I AM a certified applicator,I did the course,thats why I suggested it,always get a professional in :tiphat:

sewing4kix

We use anti grub granules. Kill the grubs and the moles will go hungry and want to go elsewhere. Get these bags at our local home and garden center.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
are you not then killing more than just grubs?

link to product please...

the only thing you are killing is grubs and any mole with a low ambition regarding self preservation. Usually the mole population like anything takes up residence where there is an abundance of food. Get rid of the food get rid of your guests to party elsewhere.

Peace

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
you do know that moles eat worms right? the only way to get rid of moles is to buy a special trap that you put ito the ground.

MJBadger

Veteran
Get rid of the food get rid of your guests to party elsewhere.

As above , moles eat more worms than any other food , kill the worms you ain`t doing the soil/garden any favors .
I may have already mentioned Renardine , no longer available in the UK but i`m sure US has something along those lines that will stink out critters from holes . Just soak some small lumps of softwood in it or use cresote & drop down holes .

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Yes moles eat worms you are correct. the product I used did not bother the worms, the gardens were fine, the moles left. End of mole problem. Nuff said?

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
As above , moles eat more worms than any other food , kill the worms you ain`t doing the soil/garden any favors .
I may have already mentioned Renardine , no longer available in the UK but i`m sure US has something along those lines that will stink out critters from holes . Just soak some small lumps of softwood in it or use cresote & drop down holes .

make way for the Mole expert here...

G

greenmatter

uhhhhm since i started the thread and if the fucking thing gets binned i won't have to apologize to anyone about anything i am going to ask a question that spends too much time on my mind

has it crossed anyone else's mind that once the chest pounding and ball scratching ego trips get the better of any thread that the information exchange (which is actually what this site is suppose to be about) gets stopped dead in it's tracks?

there no UFO's landing in my yard, we are not talking about global warming and i didn't chase all the moles into my shed and set the fucking thing on fire

i'm very interested in every different way there is to kill these little mother fuckers, but if we have to argue about which way is the best way and are delusional enough to think that EVERYONE here is EVER going to 100% agree on ANYTHING then i would rather go out in the yard and watch these furry little assholes eat everything

it would give me less of a headache

check the first line in my sig while the egos are checked at the door

just sayin':tiphat:

and for the record i hope everyone has a good day ...... don't take anything to seriously

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I am not an expert but unlike some of the posters on this thread have had mole problems myself & sorted them .

Much like everyone else here that has had mole problems with moles and got rid of them in some form or another. Thanks for our valuable input.

Peace