What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your normal 5Kwatt hobby

Hey guy and gals! My name is Anferneybra and I am bringing my hobby/medical grow to these forums after some good time of learning. I have been doing hydro ebb and flow 2 gal bucket systems for almost 9 years but after a new job I just didn't have the time to manage the systems. I have since converted my grow into soil pots for my ladies.

This first post is also a test of sorts for the posting of photos to make sure I'm doing it right.

Lets start the ride!

Attachments

• entryblacked.jpg
    entryblacked.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 11
Heres some other random photos entering the room, super laggy uploading of photos tonight for some reason so I stopped here to reset the connection.

Attachments

• trash and trim.jpg
    trash and trim.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 8
  • veg ballast.jpg
    veg ballast.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 10
  • sink area.jpg
    sink area.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 8
So finally made a album and am taking pictures from it here are some more of the record keeping portion and the water holding area, also my custom tea brewing station!

Heres the veg side of my room, forgot I added another 600 watt hps to the pile so the total is 5600 watts between veg and flower.
A LA confidential, Flo and Lemon Skunk in veg at the moment.
White poly all around, with a high and low fan blowing around the room. The intake managed by the main thermostat in the flower room also has a control for the veg side to open/close the baffle at any temps over 75degrees.

Heres the flower side of my room. 6 plants total, 3 AO 1 week in flower left side and 3 plants, 2 maui and 1 Super silver haze right side 5 weeks in flower. 4K watts total and fresh air with 3 wall fans

Well I dont know which version of photos I like better so you guys let me know what works better, for me to "attach thumbnails" and they become larger in another window, or how this photo is like out of my album.

This is a prime Super Silver Haze nugget from my last harvest of small soils.

So I basically grow in roots organic soil from clone in a 4inchx4inch small container to a 3gal plastic pot to a 10gal plastic pot, transplanting around every 2 weeks.
I got my dechlorinator with catalytic carbon filter for chloramine reduction. I used GH synthetic nutrient in my ebb and flow systems for 8+ years and continue to use it, so i said why not use their organic line with some organic soil. I currently use the grow or bloom and calmag with some bio in bloom. I alternate that with a EWC tea brewed with EWC, molasses and some humic acid. The first round got some PH and nute burn due to out of whack PH with maxibloom so I shifted to full organic. I run a 8inch high output fan intake with a prefilter on it for fresh air in both rooms and a similar sized fan for sucking off my can filter out the other side of the room. Temps shift from 65 to 75 degrees night and day respectively. The CO2 content of the air is around 400ppm constantly from fresh air and the humidity is around 15%, thanks to dry cold air!

As said before, soil is new to me with only one small crop in 3 gals under my belt, I rounded off just over 4oz a plant in them which I was pleased with.

Now that I have gone full organic and 10 gallon containers I feel that these trees will really grow. I also add mycos every transplant. Thats about it for the room at the moment. I have about 90 gallons of supersoil in the cooker too, which I will shift over to next month. Then I will only be using teas every watering w/o nutrients which will hopefully make me never touch a nutrient bottle ! Thanks for tuning in everyone and I will post more pics as they come.

Anferneybra