What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WPA's 1kw multi-strain med grow

WPA

Hi all!! Im here to share with you my 1000w grow.

This is the first time in this set up, so needless to say, I cant wait to get started.

Hopefully the room will be built and fitted out within the next 5 days.

But on the good side of the news today, the dispensary had clones for me to pick up :jump: I went to Lowes beforehand and priced out all the lumber, plywood, and insulation im going to need for the room. It is going to measure approx. 13' long 8' wide and 8' tall.

So as of right now, I have

2 x gods gift
2 x afgooey
2 x THC bomb
1 x maui wowie
1 x skunk #1 X Bubblegum (my personal cross)
1 x Granddaddy purple

I also have 6 seeds germinating
3 x Skunk #1 X Alaskan Thunder Fuck (another personal cross)
3 x Unknown genetics

Pics coming soon! back to cleaning so I can start building the room!

WPA

Hello again! My progress is slow compared to what I said before. I still need to insulate, put the inside walls up, frame the door, and put the roof on. Should be done by tomorrow night. Here are some pics

picture.php

Two of the clones are males, so I need to go back to the dispensary and get some more clones. Both were THC bomb, which bums me out, but I need a total of 15, So im going to get 5 new ones!

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the latest batch of hash I made, from some outdoor buds that had to be harvested early because of molding.

picture.php

Anyways, going to go put up the insulation and the inside walls right now, I'll be better about posting pics from now on hopefully!:tiphat:

WPA

Last night I made some good progress...

Got all the insulation in and the inside walls put up.

Now I just need to frame the door get some brackets from Lowes put up the roof support, and cut holes for the ventilation, then off to the grow shop!

time to eat, then back to work, wish me luck framing this door!

WPA

I think they were males... but im going to keep one to make a few seeds, and give them the other one for breeding. I didnt pay much for them either, a 50 litre container of hydroton, and 12 bucks lol.

FIRE IN THE BOWL! hahaha. Hope you enjoy the show!

Im going right now to give the dispensary one of the males, and get some medicine!

The door framing didnt go so well... needless to say I will never be a carpenter, so my buddy is going to finish up the front wall, while I put up the roof support. Should be done tonight! Hopefully Ill fit it out tomorrow or monday

WPA

Well guys... The room is all constructed, and the plants have been in there for 24 hrs. The temp is 68 degrees and 60% humidity with cfl's and a rotating fan.

I went out today and bought flanges for the air inlet and air exaust, and the dude showed me the ones that fit on can fans and I bought three not realizing it was the wrong product. Dude prolly thought I had a warehouse or somthing lol.

I will go and exchange those tomorrow for some nutrients!

I am going to go with General hydroponics line of nutrients

I will post up pics tomorrow, and hopefully friday I will be fitting out the room

WPA

Alright... well I went back to the shop and exchanged the flanges for credit and got the general hydroponics "keep it simple" program

A few of the plants need to be replanted and have lots of thick roots. Some though look like they have a weak root system.

Tomorrow I will go purchase all the equipment and fit it out!

Heres some pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

WPA

Sorry no update for so long, ive been busy with outdoor and school. Things are coming along nicely. The original clones I got are looking great, and are showing new growth daily.

I have purchased some new clones as well.

Dynomyte x 2
blackberry x 2
Mr. Nice x 1
Cleopatra x 2
Bubba Kush x 2
Blue berry x 1

So 10 different strains all under one 1000watt light... lol

should be a nice assortment.

I'm going to give about 3 weeks of veg longer to let the blackberrys get bigger for flowering. I hope to pull at least 1.25 lbs

I will be replanting the last of the plants tomorrow, and ill post pics of them afterwards

WPA

Hey guys! I didnt update for two reasons, one veg is kinda boring, and two my computer was acting up and then crashed! So im posting from another computer.

The plants in these pics were right after the second half of them were transplanted, some of them are pretty small. I was worried that I waited too long to get the rest and I should have just stuck with the original ones, but its turning out in the end.

anyways here they are!

Group Shot
picture.php

Light meter almost 4000 foot candles

picture.php

Temp and humidity
picture.php

Yum! iso hash evaporating off. look at my last batch hahaha! I forgot about the coffee filter part! This batch I did a 25 second wash with frozen everything. Put it through a strainer lined with paper towels, then through a funnel with a coffee filter

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sour Diesel

picture.php

Blueberry x Grape x Purple Urkle

picture.php

WPA

The pics above are a week and a half back or so. I will take new ones and post once I get done with the gobs of studying I have to do :(

WPA

Hi guys, were about halfway through week 2 right now, and things are coming along nicely. Although next time I will do 12 plants instead of 15, they are getting a little crowded in there.

I just ran out of meds unfortunately :( so another 6 weeks or so until I have some nice buds to enjoy. wont make the same mistakes outdoor next year!

On a good note, I have collected some THC bomb pollen, so ill be dusting a few branches with it.

Day one of flowering

picture.php

End of week one

picture.php

Blackberry already showing preflowers

picture.php

End of week 2

picture.php

Well thats all the pictures I have for now!!

WPA

Question about pollen. I had a male in there up until about 4 days ago, since then I have sprayed the plants down twice with water. They are just about to begin week 4 of flowering. will the buds be fully seeded, or will the new bud growth be unseeded. I dont want hundreds of seeds just a few.

Anyways they look like they are done stretching for the most part, each plant has small pre flowers, and the flowers are getting bigger on the blackberry. Someone told me when I was at a local dispensary that blackberry is a 12 week strain, I cant imagine an indica strain that is this far along would take 12 weeks.

Ill post up a picture in a couple hours when the light kicks on!

WPA

Here are some pics of the plants after 3 weeks

picture.php

Yummmmm... this already smells like grape :bongsmi:

picture.php

This is my mystery strain, I have 2 plants of her. She is grown by the pharm which is headed by a disabled medical cannabis patient here in washington. They call her Cleopatra. Early on I thought she might have skunk genetics in her because it smelled like my skunk x bubblegum cross, but it lost that smell for the most part.
I would say the most notable thing about the plant is the way the leaves are very strait and point upward at quite a steep angle, and sometimes when it really like the temp etc every leaf will be reaching for the light. The discoloration on the leaves were from turning the light on to soon after I sprayed, oops!

picture.php

Anyways, Im sure Ill be chopping some plants around 4.5 weeks from now:jump: Got about 10 grams to last me until then... Ill be more than ready for it!

WPA

well last night before I said my good nites to the ladies, I noticed some weird spotting. Since I have not had any bug problems in the past i am not very knowledgable in the subject, but looking around i quickly identified them as the little fuckers we all hate aka the spider mite. they have not spread much at all and the temp in the room is around 70 at the most (59-61 at night) so they shouldnt be able to replicate super fast, I am very stoked that i saw this early.

Went out to my local grow shop and picked up some rosemary extract called sns 217. its organic, and is supposed to kill them and the eggs, and he said its super popular, so we'll see if it works!

WPA

***SOUNDS THE HORN*** THE BORG HAS BEEN DEFEATED *CHEERS*:jump::jump::jump:
Oh and Happy Thanksgiving everybody, hope every one enjoys a nice meal and people they hold dear.

There is pretty much no sign of the spider mites anymore, maybe some eggs here and there, but thats it!

The garden hasn't been getting enough Nitrogen for some reason, I think I should have given a mix of the veg/bloom nutes a week longer. So lately they have been getting a little more N than they should. Hopefully It will bring them back to a nice healthy green!

Im pretty sure the Cleopatra that I dont know the genetics of is part skunk #1 because the smell is very similar to my skunk x bubblegum cross, and the branching is very similar except the skunk x bubble gum has very tight internode spacing and the buds look like they will develop all the way up each branch. This trait has excited me big time! It does not look like it will be as potent as some of my other plants, but I will backcross it, and hopefully I can get it a little more frosty!

I was getting confused on how long I have been in flowering. so what ever I said before.. forget it! The pics im going to show you now are at the end of week 3 flowering, and the pics i will take tomorrow will be the end of week 4 flowering!

Here they are!

picture.php

Mr. Nice

picture.php

Blackberry

picture.php

Maui wowie looking a bit deficient. Im pretty sure its Nitrogen?

picture.php

Weird mark on the skunk #1 x bubblegum, its only on this one leaf, no where else on the plant

picture.php

Thanks for looking guys! :thank you:

NOW GO OUT AND ENJOY THAT TURKEY AND PIE! :pie:

WPA

Well, from now on im going to check canopy temps with different instruments, and double check!

I was in there last night when i realized there were a few more leaves curling downward (taco style) than I had seen, enough to make it a problem. So I sat and think about it, check the temps... its like 72, so really good considering its like 55 outside the room in the garage.

Suddenly light height pops into my mind! So i stick the probe in the canopy to get the temp at the taller plants height, but remember that the actual unit changes temp much quicker than the probe... so i duct taped it to my level and put it next to Mr. Nice and what do ya know!!! it goes to 78, so i start bringing the light up, prolly about 6 inches. Now its down with the light on and heater running to about 72-74, and about 60-64 degrees at night. The stupid probe is at least 6 degrees off, I didnt let the thing adjust to the final temp, I just started raising the light.

Glad I caught this, but I think I have done some damage to them for sure. Oh well... Every time I set up a new garden and I haven't grown for 6 months or somthing, I tend to make a bunch of noob mistakes the first time. I find my self saying "oh yeah thats right" a lot that first round through. Only really have about 3 years exp, So relatively speaking im still a noob.

Went in there this morning before the light went off, and things looked much better after raising the light and giving most of the plants a feeding. They are still looking N deficient but it should clear up after the next few waterings.

Oh and I had another problem that i had an easy fix to. I will never use miracle grow organics choice again because the stupid shit, even though its fill with perlite, is terrible at absorbing water, its like a sprayed wax all over the top of the soil, so all the water would run down the sides of the containers and out the bottom, and soil was not getting saturated enough. I was wasting tons of nutes and water, and on top of it, my plants were not in prime conditions. So i took some extra soil I had and made a barrier that went up the side of the container a little, around the outside of the container. I poured some water in and the sides kept it contained nicely, but it took FOREVER to absorb into the soil, some were quicker than others, but I have never had this problem not with coco, and not with soil. My next grow I think I will use coco, or maybe use sunshine mix #4.

Latest posts

Latest posts