What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

.:: Strawberry Diesel :: 2 Plants :: 600W ::.

ganesh

????? ???
Veteran
Right on frank.

Nice big fat colas .. so after all you ended with a nice leaf-to-calyx ratio.

You can't go wrong with Strawberry Diesel.

Good job!

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Hi there Frank!
I bow to you my friend!
I will watch and learn how to LST, you have great skills!
Much respect for that!
Enjoy your crop!
Parabéns!

greenpenguin

Holy cow! Those are some fat colas you got there. I'm about to start flowering Strawberry Diesel too in a few days, I've been watching your grow with much interest.

G

guest101

Hey all!!! Thanks guys for the kind coments. :D

Your right ganesh, in the end they turned out better than expected.
You bet its an interesting cross, i even enjoy the variation when its all good! :D

Will be enjoyed paulo. Respect back to you.

Phat boy, dont know what your talking about bro!! :D

Green penguin and thumb, good luck guys!

See you guys around, good vibes! :blowbubbles:

whodi

Veteran
nice frankenstein! What kind of smells you gettin there? Mainly diesel i'm assuming... any strawberry?

G

guest101

Hey guys! Thanks for stoppin!! Apreciate it!!

whodi there was a strawberry scent in the beggining of flower on both, specially on the right one.
But now its mainly gone, and i can only smell a strong "funk", not like diesel nor sweet, but seems to have potencial.
Got to wait for the cure to know them better, but not hopping to smell sweet strawberries,
at most rotten or weedy strawberry scent. They smell cool, do u like skunks? i do.

Harvest day!!! 78 days after 12/12... Finally! :dance013:

Left SD

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Right SD

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The left one was allmost ready, and the other was a bit past the point.
All the main colas on the left plant got afected by mold, and only one in the right one.
When i was trimming the left one it felt so wet, with lots of humidity.
Specially bad pheno to try a grow like this.
This is the problem whith only 2 unknown plants in a grow.

Anyway, very satisfyed with the results, not the most productive grow, but seems more than enouth for a while.
Thanks all for stoppin, good vibes to all!! :wave: :bump:

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
I can't stop staring at these ladies. Good god bro. Those things look so huge. So yummy looking bro

G

growcodile

what a kickass grow imho!! .. sweet harvest pics, did you get the buds weight ?

DSDFreak

This grow is so amazing looking!! I too run a 600w and am debating on whether to LST/supercrop/SCROG and with which strains

..and if you could guestimate a final dry yield what would you say 1/4lb+?

Man this grow is beautiful, i really admire your skills. What type of tent is that? what lighting system did you use also, cool tube or vented hood or open reflector? I cant wait to hear the smoke report of this one.

G

guest101

Hey guys!!
Thanks for stoppin! Good luck votes heading your way. :D

growcodile, as i said, i dont have a scale. Sory again.
I know i have enouth stoked bud for at least a year.

dsdfreak, you dont have to stick strickly to a technique.
You can make use of the best aspects of each aproach.
1/4lb? my guess, youre being modest.

duchmasters its an Homebox L, cooltubed Philips Green power.

I have yelded from this grow ~6.5L of fat bud that was trimmed twice.
One plant had a big hit at around 40% with mold, so maybe i could have reached ~8L.
Ive grown before with this setup in a more standard way, with 9 1 meter clones and yelded ~11L
of well trimmed bud, but with a lot of it being less dense and having more leaf and fiber.
So, even if this grow has fewer buds, its those that really thiken, that get very dense,
the heavier and tastefull ones.

Still, final result at ~6.5L in a quantity prespective its just satisfactory.
Next year ill try to double that harvest, trying to loose the minimum in quality.

Im thinking in 9 plants, each with 4 main branches that will be followed by 4 more braches in each brach,
making each plant a horizontal square with 16 10cm colas in a ~33*33cm space.
I guess like this i wont reach the cola size that makes mold such a big issue, and with ~144 well
develloped colas 1g/w might be acomplished.

Ive grown 2 other phenos of this strain and harvested them at around day 65.
Now this 2 where harvested at day 78 and had a push forword with the light fuse.
I gotta cite that soma concept "when you think its ready to harvest, wait another week", cause
the plant i thought was past the point (monitoring trics) feels spot on, powerfull full body and mind.
This weed is just a blast! Sometimes i wish i had put less on the vaporizer.
Still, the other plant that wasn't quite that ready and suffered a lot from mold is my favorite.
More mind effect, less fucked up and with a more pronounced warm happy feeling.
Very nice weed, not very rushy, any ocasion stash.

I found that if i mix 2/3 of this last one with 1/3 of the more heavy one makes for the best high
i ever tried. This on a volcano set at 8. I know its more of a "smokano", still, less harsh
(not comparable) than smoke and it doenst skip on the full spectrum effect.

This weed took 2 week to dry, at least this time the weather was on my side.
I was happy to found the first samples allmost green free tasting. Still a lot to happen in cure.
They smell good, one more strawberry, the other more intense and funky.

One of the Strawberry diesel i have curing for 7 moths is smelling strong with weedy strawberries mid scent,
a weedy wood low scent and a more spicy high scent.
The other one that was curing for 7 months got trashed. I was suspicious about some little spots of mold
develloping very slowlly... Found the buds a bit moistier than expected, so ~1L of the best funky smelling
SD down the toilet. It was sad, it was my best party weed, very rushy, energetic and happy, and the best
smellin of all cultivated SD phenos, nothing to do with strawberries, just a contagious intense yummy funk.
FU mold. Upgrading from the 250 to the 600 really bringed the mold into consideration...

Wish you all good vibes, enjoy life!! :D

Amoralchemistry

That is a great smoke report. Quick question, why would upgrading your light increase your chance for mold? Too much growth in the main colas? Thanks again, i really enjoyed this grow.

G

guest101

Hey amoral!
Planths breath, they exale humidity by every little leaf.
With densier structures, the inner structures sometimes dont get enouth
fresh air leading to perfect spots for fungus to devellop.
Obviously bigger watttage leads to increased vigour that makes the problem worst.
see you around.

Sayan

One of the most beautiful grow I saw...

It's incredible how you built your plants !

Bye and thx for the show.