What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Z's amazing cheap diy grow. how to grow top buds at low cost.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
The biggest problem with 'Fluffy' buds is usually the strain isn't meant to finish looking like that. Putting aside Indica vs Sativa differences. All well grown buds will be dense to an appreciable extent.

When they get 'fluffy' usually one of a few things happened.
1) Light starved. Not enough light penetration.
2) Heat stretch. Room too hot, causes them to be spindly.
3) Drought. Goes hand in hand with heat stretch usually.
4) Pests. Spidermite damage during the last month of flower will starve the plant of the good juice. SM go hand in hand with drought and heat because the former makes the juice sweeter and the latter makes metabolism work faster.
5) Inadequate fresh air exchange. Lack of CO2.
6) Picked too early. That is right, it almost makes you cry, but bills sometimes have to be paid now and quality suffers.

I'm sure I missed a few, but these are the big ones.

In closing: HPS all the way, T-5 over CFL, Burner over Bottled CO2 (figure a way to cool the burner [heat exchanger running to a heat sink res or water chiller], you will love not going to the store every week. And you will save enough to payback in a year.), bigger fan over smaller fan when in doubt.

You don't have to take my word for it. But I would.

Pimp grow Z!

It's pretty f'ing amazing what you've managed to do on a DIY and low-cost basis. See my grows for the near polar opposite: how to grow mediocre buds for top dollar, lol.

+rep!

Zealious

a little picture.. less update.. everything is going great.. every one of the seeds i poped have turned out fem and are currently in flower..

Papaya x 2

one has big indica leaves but is streatchy..
one has thin leaves and is bushy and tight

whiteberry
this lady is finicky. i think i have her dialed in .. she really like her calcium and mag.. its very thick indica short.. not bushy.. hope she turns out to be a keeper..

kings kush. the grape god x Og kush is looking nice.. she reallyl hates to be over watered.. very short very tight internodes. medium sized leaves. not quite indica not quite sativa...

My own mandala cross is impressing me.. its very vigorious. busshy nice indica looking traits hope i get good yield and tight nugs over my curent staple mandala mother.

i think thats all of them.. i have two mandala clones going on as well that are coming along niceley...

Since im running so many strains i decided to not transplant them and keep them in ltr pots so far so good.

Zealious

some pics

some pics

new pics before it died...

papaya

mandala

whiteberry.... STINKY. very hard nugs already.. it stretched a bit in flower and it has a weird leaf curl veg.. but i will prob be keeping this strain around.. or maybe ill polinate it with some frozen sperm from a old stinky mandala plant.

Latest posts

Latest posts