Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > DJ Short and Legends Seeds > DJ Short's Afghani... The Dark Side of the Blues

Thread Title Search
DJ Short's Afghani... The Dark Side of the Blues Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2008, 04:09 AM #1
Ulysses

Ulysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the rough
DJ Short's Afghani... The Dark Side of the Blues

This thread is inspired by several other members fascinated with DJ's Blue genetics and his fanatical following of growers...

There has been much speculation, discussion and discovery on the sativa side of DJ's works on this forum which has spurred stimulating experiments and increased interest in the whole Blue line... But precious little information is available on the indica side of his crosses... the Afghani plant.

I assume this would be a pre-1970s strain- pure Afghan, but some contest that it is a Kush or AfghanKush- or perhaps even an Afghan sativa. I know there are purple Afghan plants- fellow member British Hempire has great pics of a wonderful pheno... I know that some Afghanis have a sweet fruity flavor and a numbing dreamy high.

If you think about it, Original Blueberry is 80% Afghani! Only a small fraction of this cross is sativa. Do you think we could shine some light on the "dark side" of DJ's work?
Ulysses is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2008, 04:35 AM #2

You mean this pheno?

This Afghani is more sativa than indica imho, it has no couch lock, only slight body stone, the effect is felt mostly in the front of your head at first. I can see how an Afghan of this type rather than one of the short, squat indicas would make more sense as beign what DJ used. I'm going to cross my Purple Afghan male to a lovely pure Thai female in a few weeks, I want to shorten the height and flower time of the Thai without adding an indica stone.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:59 AM #3
3dDream
Matter that Appreciates Matter

3dDream is just really nice3dDream is just really nice3dDream is just really nice3dDream is just really nice3dDream is just really nice3dDream is just really nice3dDream is just really nice3dDream is just really nice3dDream is just really nice3dDream is just really nice3dDream is just really nice
Brit_hemp: If that afghani were a girl I'd f@ck it. Beautiful plant! Good luck with your cross with her.

Ulysses: Can't we just ask Red to ask DJ?
3dDream is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2008, 05:38 AM #4

Cheers 3D, I love her a lot, damn lucky find if you ask me, before long folks will be able to try her, I'm working on maing a load of seed.

Shame DJ isn't around to ask him ourselves.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:36 AM #5
bagseed77

Quote:
Originally Posted by British_Hempire
Cheers 3D, I love her a lot, damn lucky find if you ask me, before long folks will be able to try her, I'm working on maing a load of seed.

Shame DJ isn't around to ask him ourselves.
please make enough for us uderprivalidged americans , my frickin mouth fell open at those pics , awesome colors

Last edited by bagseed77; 03-11-2008 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: IFS=im frickin high

Old 03-11-2008, 01:27 PM #6
Ulysses

Ulysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the roughUlysses is a jewel in the rough
3dDream- Red keeps DJ apprised as to the information sought on this forum- it's just that DJ graces us with tidbits of information so rarely... We are due to hear from DJ- whether he has an answer for us is unknown- until then, we'll educate ourselves...

The Afghani DJ uses in his Blueberry creations may lean sativa much like British Hempire's excellent purple pheno... He may use several Afghani plants- one purple and one fruity? Any Afghani experts out there???
Ulysses is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2008, 02:32 PM #7
XyZ
Trichomnia

XyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of light
I believe that the afghan in Dj hands was closer to the Deep chunk rather than a high yielding, completely purple afghan. the blues tend to purple mostly on the tops, where the buds touch the direct light ...similar like the DC line... and they make a deeper purple/blue rather than a royal red color. also the resin on the leaves reminds me on the deep chunk or a similar hash~plant Afghani.

DC

F-13

XyZ is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:01 PM #8
swampdank
Pull my finger

swampdank is a glorious beacon of lightswampdank is a glorious beacon of lightswampdank is a glorious beacon of lightswampdank is a glorious beacon of lightswampdank is a glorious beacon of lightswampdank is a glorious beacon of lightswampdank is a glorious beacon of lightswampdank is a glorious beacon of lightswampdank is a glorious beacon of lightswampdank is a glorious beacon of lightswampdank is a glorious beacon of light
holy shit! thats copious resin there pupils? i gotta go get a napkin cuz there is saliva on my monitor. hey mr windex mind giving me a hand?

R.i.P Spaceman... We will miss you brother.
swampdank is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2008, 03:54 PM #9
Elevator Man
Mentor

Elevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to all
Beancounter had a superb 'Old-school Indica' a few months ago in the Hill Temple Collective section - I remember commenting then that it looked like a potential candidate, at least structurally. It had the smallish 'rosette' buds, curly budleaves with resin along the edges, and a stocky, bushy profile.

I'll see if I can find it in there...
Elevator Man is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2008, 04:00 PM #10
Elevator Man
Mentor

Elevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to all
Here you go - I'm sure Red won't mind me posting these here - grow and photos by Beancounter for HTC:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...9&page=3&pp=15

Quote:
Hill Temple Indica @ 68 days:

Elevator Man is offline Quote