Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2019, 12:47 AM #3671
Knothead

Knothead will become famous soon enoughKnothead will become famous soon enough
Thanks for sharing your knowledge! Couldn't do it without you. I'll check back in a couple of weeks for more advice. In the meantime I think I'll put together a couple of those Pck x Pan
Knothead is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:30 AM #3672
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Smoke report on Malawi x Ethiopian 12 months aged cobbed bud.
I left a cob of aged Malawi x Ethiopian with a friend to smoke test.

Well I dropped in on him later and there was 4 of them out of control with my mates wife trying to control all four guys.
They were so out of control in fits of laughter. The laughter would stop for a second then some one would show the slightest inclination to smile and they would all erupt into fits of hysterical laughter.

They all had tears rolling down there faces I couldn't get any sense out of any of them, nor did I want to ha ha. I left quickly not wanting to derail the vibe.

Today my friend came round and said it was the closest to an acid trip he had ever had.
This ties in with my feelings when I chew it it takes over and you know that inner voice you talk to when extremely high and piss yourself laughing at the jokes you crack.

Well there is a name for this voice, its a tokalosh, we all have them but not all of us realize it.
Well my tokalosh brought friends with him and it was another world man.
Top shelf Malawi type high from Africa.

Tripping balls with not a green leaf in sight, all golden browns and reds.
My mates smoke hydro all day so it takes a bit to get them that high this stuff did it easily.

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:31 PM #3673
Fermented

Fermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really nice
Top shelf Malawi type high from Africa
I've never smoked any Malawi cob, but I grew some Reunion seeds that I got from Gypsy when he had his shop in Amsterdam ('04?). Grew them, lightly seeded the fems and 1 in 20 had a very special high..strong, trippy, trancy, endless energy, very positive and it would make me feel like I was elevated and looking down from above and I would be so chilled and delighted every time. It would be interesting to check the DNA of ReUnion strains, I'd bet that the main source of genes would be Africa.

It wasn't the type of trippy high where you clearly hear every note on every instrument playing, giggle a lot or the color saturation on your vision has been upped ...it was the type of trippy high when suddenly you blink and it's 500 years ago, you are dressed only in a loin cloth with a spear in your hand, covered in war paint in the middle of 10000 Zulu warriors chanting blood curdling war cries and then in unison set off at jog stomping the ground in unison so the ground shook with every step of the 10000...it was rolling grassland and we ran for non-stop for 19 hours and never tired. It was that type of high!

No, I didn't actually run down the road buck naked with a broom handle in my hand but thoughts of above was going through my brain during a run I had just after puffing on a big joint of it.

..if the high from any strains from Africa are as good the high from a special ReUnion zamal, then I wanna grow it and then I'd make cobs out of it!

Last edited by Fermented; 04-27-2019 at 04:51 PM..
Fermented is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:47 PM #3674
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Hi Fermented your describing the typical strong African effect. The locals smoke pot to energize themselves not to get stoned and sit like a budda.
The fermenting or cobbing just brings these effects out if done properly and makes them last longer.
I have smoked pot grown in Africa and cured by the locals properly and I have smoked the same pot from seeds I took grown and dried western style (jar cured) and they are totally different highs.
I prefer the deeper trippy effects I get from fermented buds its what I grew up with and prefer. The high from dried buds is course and rough the cobbed high is smooth and euphoric.
Its the feeling of being super man that I look for in pot taken out of the normal world into a world ruled only by your imagination.
When I lived in Africa Malawi laughing grass was number one its nice to be able to feel that again.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:58 AM #3675
Fermented

Fermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really nice
Tangwena....What are the local names for cannabis, bud, cobs in Malawi? Are only cobs available in Malawi or can you also buy un-cobbed bud too. How illegal was cannabis in Malawi when you were there?
Fermented is offline Quote

Old 04-28-2019, 04:22 AM #3676
big315smooth

big315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant future
been reading on this thread for bit think ima give it a try
big315smooth is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:00 PM #3677
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermented View Post
Tangwena....What are the local names for cannabis, bud, cobs in Malawi? Are only cobs available in Malawi or can you also buy un-cobbed bud too. How illegal was cannabis in Malawi when you were there?
It depends what area you were in.

But mostly it was called chamba but there were many other street names as it was very illegal although the cops were easy to pay off if you did get caught by a local cop.
The CID were more trouble but not that active it is a very poor country and pot is well ingrained in there traditional life so its quite widely accepted by the general population.
You could get buds loose as well usually from the source. They were all sweated though cured to a lovely gold and red color.
The only green buds were from farmers cashing in on the tourists who usually didn't have a clue how to grow,harvest or cure their buds just sun drying it.
It may have changed now it was a long time ago. But the last time I was there about 15 years ago nothing had changed.
It was very hard to get top drawer quality without good connections but if your there long enough its not hard to cultivate those connections as Malawians are a very friendly people and the salt of the earth.
Its a very beautiful part of Africa unique in every way and safe to travel in, very worth a visit if you have the spare cash.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:41 AM #3678
Tangwena

PuntoRojo x Col Jam

Next to feel the heat some real deal South American buds with a taste of Jamaica in there somewhere.
They smell oily very resiny smell with a back ground of flowers/fruit Like Dubi describes the Purple haze smells like port wine.
I did not grow these they were gifted to me grown outdoors.
I am trying some jar sweated and some more traditionally cured in a cob.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:26 AM #3679
Tangwena

18hrs sweating in vacuumed jar

Same buds one sweated one dried.
These are both being treated as canary buds just vac sealed in the same bag to sweat for 12 hours then allowed to ferment until they reach the desired color and then cured.

Old 05-13-2019, 04:14 AM #3680
Tangwena

Buddler pawn

Curing loose buds is an art this is what it should look like from a friend and fellow believer.

5 members found this post helpful.