What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School Seed Grow.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
another week, another update. this plant has some really good vigor, just takes off on you, im thinking i need to transplant, but i will do that next week before i put into flower. looking pretty indica so far, nodes are short and tight... let me go count em...6 nodes including the top, the nodes are between 1/4 inch and 3/4 apart. so thats 6 nodes in like 4.5 inches of height. guesstimation ill measure it next time. so far so good, when i rub the leaves i smell berries, the stem smells like that too after a crushing. anyway here's a pic. more next week and some side shots midweek.
picture.php

just noticed i was only on 3 nodes last week now im working on #7, plant is so fast.

macamus33

Very nice. Try using the clear Solo cups next time. That way you can see when you are rootbound and need to repot. Looks like you got some vigoruos 10+ year old seedlings. Hopefully there will be some females. I have germed seeds 16+ years old but male to female ratios are higher with old seeds for some reason. I save all my old seeds and still have some strains from the early 1990's. Will have to lookthrough and see if I can revive some old strains. Very good growing.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i know right, im wondering if i shouldn't put em all in the miracle gro seed starter lol. but nah i got a bag of MG organic blend out back its one of those grow in the bag jumpies but i aint got the space to put a bag of dirt in my cab. ill use the dirt, ditch the bag.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
whew, 2 whole weeks without an update huh? you guys are prolly getting pretty anxious to find out whats up at this point?

i transplanted into a larger container last week sometime, i don't have my notes in front of me. im using the Miracle Gro Organic soil i mentioned last time, with extra added perlite and i think i mixed in some of that seed starting coco/peat mix. anyway its been going strong in that mix for a week and looks to be happy. er. ran into some issues a couple weeks back, right after i posted those last pictures ^^^

got rootbound fast in those cups and as a result the pH got outta wack and suffered from spottings and nute burns. some of the lower leaves look terrible but we're good now. flipped into flower a couple days ago so we should be seeing a show soon. hope its a girl, if not ill pollinate something else with the sperm and pop some more old school seeds.

pics later sorry. i dont have photoshop on this computer to resize my pics yet. ill see if i can upload one and let the website resize it for me.

picture.php

Last edited:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Cool, can't wait to see some new pics
sorry, you gonna be waiting a little while longer. i lost my camera. nothing to see yet anyway, still no sex. yeah i know still?
so far its just a short bush, i topped it last week to take clones for my clone tray. i cloned my g13, and one of my mexican girls goldy, and this one circa 94'. so far its just branching and waiting i guess. one of these days it will show sex, either that or i will have the worlds first ornamental clone only marijuana houseplant that nexer sexes and is therefore useless as a drug plant. i will make a trillion dollars selling $1 clones.

anyway till next time... erm...
picture.php

enjoy this video.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
the first 4 weeks was under cfl, like 4 23w cfl in the daylight spectrum 3500k or something like that. for flowering i have a 70w hps. they stay pretty close to the light in both cases. lol thats like a quadruple entendre.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Is the plant in post #27 from the old seed? All looks great.
yep, this thread is all about her (fingers crossed). i probably should have tried to pop more after she came up, but i already have a full cab for this run and i won't be able to do another run for a while.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
well , uncrosses fingers, its a boy. finally showed sex sometime while i was out of town :(

im getting 5 more ready to germ, if they succeed i will continue them in here and one will be in a beer cup for the beercup challenge 2011.

such a slow male, even though it showed such vigorous growth early on. i don't wanna breed any slow genes into anything i got going so i will be chopping him. sadly...

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Sorry to hear that.. well next time you'll get 5 girls lol

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
alright im back with another update. still haven't gotten around to popping more old school seeds. maybe after this next run. but anyway i still have that male plant, circa 94' and i've decided i like the way it grows and i will use it in a cross with another bagseed i call goldy. short for goldilocks maybe?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this is goldy. not much in the yield department, possible it could have been more but she stretches so much i had to top her twice and as a result the yield probably suffered. but she is fast, and the nuggets are rock hard. like seriously its all calyxes that just stack on each other. hardly any leaf in the buds. these tiny leaves you see are new from the second flush of buds it's putting out. it's been cloudy trichomes for almost the entire flowering period and the frost coverage is ridiculous.

picture.php

picture.php

this is what became of circa94' its got mostly sativa leanings, but it stays fairly short in flower, only stretched like 30-50%, maybe it's because its roots are restricted. but it fits in my cab and i like the growth patterns. lots of branching down low and 1 big cola up top. i hope the offspring will adopt the mothers flowering times and the fathers growth structure.

picture.php

picture.php

here are the clones side by side. and goldy by herself. i will grow out their offspring along with the next batch of old school seeds i pop. ill keep you posted.