What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diamond Series XML - 10W CREE XML grow

vukman

Veteran
DUDE!!!!!! that's a wicked haul for 130W!!!!!! You definitely have to put that up in GP's sticky thread for LED gr/watt or whatever it's called!

err...wait.. before I stick my whole leg into my gob.. that's dry weight right!?!?! LOL....please tell me that's dry...

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
here it is, the final stats .....

overall i was pleased with the xml lamp. as i am seeing in another test grow, these lamps are valuable, but are better suited to small cabinets for a light user. not that the harvest was anything to forget!

working watts of the xml lamp: 130w
cabinets size: 4 sq ft
harvest: 233 grams

the harvest was more smaller scruf, and a few nice prime buds. (i did take a couple of buds away prior to the pic)

my other test grow is proving the more led watts used, the better. the size of these buds are tiny compared to the max led watts of the other grow. if there is no saving on watts, the biggest advantage of led is the reduction of heat and the intense light.

all in all, i am pleased, after all, scruf smokes the same as bud! :biggrin:

233 grams is the dry weight of your harvest ? If so, you did an excellent job ! :tiphat:

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ypalh.jpg

LOL who do you think you're fooling saying that garbage is 8+ ounces?

Socrates

:dueling: Ah, was waiting for this...

Anyway, whatever it weighs, looks like a good yield for 130 watts over unknown untrained strains in a 2x2 space. Even if it were 100 grams, I'd still say: Nice work.

jangles, do you suffer from led lamp envy?? oh no i know, it is you suffer from tds.

no one asked you to voice your dismay. just becasue you lie, does not mean other people do. but then again, we expected you to troll my thread. :moon:

tenthirty

:dueling: Ah, was waiting for this...

Anyway, whatever it weighs, looks like a good yield for 130 watts over unknown untrained strains in a 2x2 space. Even if it were 100 grams, I'd still say: Nice work.

Regardless of weight, bud per sq ft is at least as good as any HPS grow I've seen.

Good job!

Was that some bleaching or hash tips that I saw?

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jangles, do you suffer from led lamp envy?? oh no i know, it is you suffer from tds.

no one asked you to voice your dismay. just becasue you lie, does not mean other people do. but then again, we expected you to troll my thread. :moon:

Classic - get caught lying and call the person who exposed you a liar.

Knew something was fishy when you flipped out about the fake reviews on the manufacturer's site like it was totally impossible, and sure enough, here's the hilariously fake yield report to seal the deal.

All those fake reviews and your fake yield report are designed to fool inexperienced growers, so call it trolling if you want, but an experienced one is stepping up to say your yield report is obviously exaggerated based on the picture you provided.

Phychotron

Maybe you just cant understand that people actually like their lights. They really do have some of the best lights on the market.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe you just cant understand that people actually like their lights. They really do have some of the best lights on the market.

Well brotha, I never said all the reviews were fake or that people shouldn't like these lights. What I did point out is that a lot of them are insanely glowing and full of things only people marketing the product would say. Stuff that you just don't see on sites with lots of legit reviews.

You of all people should see how fake this is, as your plants and buds look spectacular and massive and doing a bit over 1 gram per watt. This guy shows off 3 buds that look half the size of yours and a tray of popcorn and wants us to believe he did nearly double the GPW you hit?

Yours at about 1 gpw:
picture.php

His at a supposed 1.8 gpw:
attachment.php

Difference is night & day and only your plants look like they produced the claimed weight.

Phychotron

There's no way of telling what my gpw was. It was under different fixtures and the other plants that were with it are still in there and have been shuffled around quite a bit. Nor are you factoring in all the bud that I grew around that plant, such as the five ounces of lemon ice--primarily under the blackstars at the end, but still close enough to the 400DS.

When I do a uniform grow I will have a better understanding of what the tent is capable of. Until then it's just a guess to support whatever argument you want. That does look like less than 8oz, but there's also a lot more trim than I'm used to. And if not fully dry and/or dense nuggets its possible.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's no way of telling what my gpw was. It was under different fixtures and the other plants that were with it are still in there and have been shuffled around quite a bit. Nor are you factoring in all the bud that I grew around that plant, such as the five ounces of lemon ice--primarily under the blackstars at the end, but still close enough to the 400DS.

When I do a uniform grow I will have a better understanding of what the tent is capable of. Until then it's just a guess to support whatever argument you want. That does look like less than 8oz, but there's also a lot more trim than I'm used to. And if not fully dry and/or dense nuggets its possible.

Ahh, I thought the 180 or so gram harvest was under the 180w unit - my bad.

Yeah, does look like less than 8oz, hehe I had about half the mods and best growers on the site have a look to make sure we all agreed it looked like way less than the claimed weight before speaking up.

You don't have to make excuses for this guy, let him explain himself that he tried to pass off water weight or whatever.

Yeah that looks more like 3 oz, alot of it larf... still very respectable for a 130w panel

but sorry there aint noway that's anywhere near 8...

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure why you "won't mention names"?

KG, I think that Vuk was referring to my hybrid fixture. The spec's match up, anyhow.

Grow Right - Not to add fuel to the fire here, and I'm glad to see that you are successfully using your led, but either that pan is one hell of a lot bigger than it appears to be or your scale needs calibration. The picture below is one of four plants, the total of which yielded right around 10 zips. They were pretty equivalent in size, so this picture is of roughly 2-1/2 ounces (70 grams +/-). The tray is a standard cookie sheet, approximately 11" x 17".

vukman

Veteran
Yes.. I was referring to rives and the reason I don't mention names is I'm one of those old school types who doesn't drop or use a name without the person's consent. Since rives came out and put it on himself, I can confirm that it is rives who runs his chips at way over their designated rating but as I also mention, he has them properly cooled so there is very little chance of them blowing from overheating.

Sorry about coming off a little arrogantly if it was perceived in that manner but there is a way that I've lived my life which has kept me alive for all these years. I'm sure there are quite a few of us here who haven't walked the 'right' side of the law.......or if they are now actually but that's not where I'm going with this... This is just about me and a code that I live by.

I've done prison time where I haven't been guilty but plain out and out refused to ever point a finger in any direction and I still live that way........I hope you can understand..It's not an ego thing or a so-called 'gangster' thing... it's just the way it is....

Thank you for reading....:bow:

tenthirty

Vuk,

1k posts......nice.

One thing we all have to remember,
there are many variables in growing, light is just one of them.
Thus the layout of my grow.

We also have to remember that Rives is very very good at growing, better than most of us, me included!

Disregarding and claims of weight, this grow could be considered a success for a first swipe at trying a led light from a fairly inexperienced grower.

I'll bet that this grow from the OP is probably the highest quality that he has done to date and the yield was at least as good or better than his previous attempts.
If so bravo!

I would encourage the OP to continue posting and doing grow journals to allow all of us to follow along and learn and help from his successes and failures.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Vuk,

1k posts......nice.

One thing we all have to remember,
there are many variables in growing, light is just one of them.
Thus the layout of my grow.

We also have to remember that Rives is very very good at growing, better than most of us, me included!

Disregarding and claims of weight, this grow could be considered a success for a first swipe at trying a led light from a fairly inexperienced grower.

I'll bet that this grow from the OP is probably the highest quality that he has done to date and the yield was at least as good or better than his previous attempts.
If so bravo!

I would encourage the OP to continue posting and doing grow journals to allow all of us to follow along and learn and help from his successes and failures.

Well said. Its like when ya go fishin'.....Good ole fish stories maybe.

Either way any close nug shots or smoke report?

Latest posts

Latest posts