What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANOTHER school tragedy!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
about as dumb as banning knifes as well....... :tiphat:

some places are passing laws against knives with a sharp tip, so you cannot stab somebody. it won't stop you from cutting their throat from ear to ear however...pretty soon, all ball games will be with Nerf balls & hollow plastic bats, tire tools will be illegal, and we will all have to ride the bus (for our own safety of course...)

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think that's a bad idea at all Bud. Maybe people will have to learn to think for themselves.

I see schools as prisons for a lot of the kids. They do not want to be there, cliques or gangs form, the strong dominate. The schools I see today look like prisons, fences all around, security guys.

It never was a nice place for many. Let them fish or something. I know, how can the economy and structure continue. Well I can dream.

ozzieAI

Veteran
so if more guns make things safer, explain this:

Db32LDRWsAAdusc.jpg

brown_thumb

Santa Fe, TX school shooting today. Ten are dead and ten wounded. The seventeen-year-old student obtained a shotgun and .38 caliber revolver owned by his father. They don't know if the father knew his son had possession of the firearms. The student also carried pipe bombs and a Molotov cocktail.

Had the boy's father locked away his firearms to prevent access, he may not have carried any guns. However, he still would've had the bombs and incendiary device, and perhaps more of them. Thank God he hadn't detonated the bombs before being stopped.

What if he'd chosen to detonate large pipe bombs in a half dozen packed classrooms? The loss of life would have been even more horrific.

Firearms are not the problem. The problems are societal and mental health. Too many parents these days are not 'parenting'. Too many kids are left on their own without supervision and guidance. We don't ask them about their problems and listen with open nonjudgmental ears. All too often, kids feel alone and isolated.

Ask... listen... hear... talk... think... advise. If we don't show tolerance, compassion and understanding to our kids, then from where will they learn those traits? Too many parents are raising kids with sociopathic tendencies. Too many kids are raised by TV with no heart or moral standards and violent unfeeling video games. In effect, they live in their own disconnected cold unfeeling fantasy worlds.

Pay attention and listen to your childrens' problems.

Teach your kids to respect firearms and practice gun safety.

Relax folks. Trump is gonna stand up to the NRA after Mexico pays for the wall, after he releases his tax returns and when Trump care is the law of the land.

picture.php

brown_thumb

I support the 2A completely. These things won't be solved by banning firearms. We have socioeconomic and mental health problems exacerbated by lack of supervision and effectual parenting of our kids.

No one should feel hopeless, helpless, insignificant, unloved, confused, disrespected, disliked, alone.....

Connect with your kids daily. Offer kindness, understanding, guidance, acceptance, advice, love, discipline, clearly stated expectations.....

St. Phatty

Ask... listen... hear... talk... think... advise. If we don't show tolerance, compassion and understanding to our kids, then from where will they learn those traits? Too many parents are raising kids with sociopathic tendencies. Too many kids are raised by TV with no heart or moral standards and violent unfeeling video games. In effect, they live in their own disconnected cold unfeeling fantasy worlds..

I think one of the main things kids need is a reason to "come home".

To not shoot themselves or their schoolmates.

That reason can be a sibling they are close to, and or a pet or pets they care about.

As it is for many young people in the ghetto, they have very little to lose.

When people are in state where they have nothing to lose, their tendency to do crazy sh-t goes WAAY UP.

Also if I was their Juvie Rehab counselor they'd be doing push-ups and getting lots of exercise.

A lot of children & teenager's seemingly wierd behavior is a simple case of not-enough-exercise-itis.

So in other words, if I run for governor I'll sound like Arnie, without the accent. Making welfare recipients exercise regularly etc.

I support the 2A completely. These things won't be solved by banning firearms. We have socioeconomic and mental health problems exacerbated by lack of supervision and effectual parenting of our kids.

No one should feel hopeless, helpless, insignificant, unloved, confused, disrespected, disliked, alone.....

Connect with your kids daily. Offer kindness, understanding, guidance, acceptance, advice, love, discipline, clearly stated expectations.....

Bro why even say "banning firearrms" NO ONE is interested in banning firearms. I agree 100% with the guidance and good parenting ideas. Although how does a parent with 3 jobs to make ends meet supply that kind of attention?

We have a country where kids might need 25 years to pay off a student loan, parents need multiple jobs to provide basic resources for their families yet NRA has millions to influence legislation, attorneys collect millions to speak in the dotard's ear yet teachers buy their own pencils and go on strike to make livable wages.

ozzieAI

Veteran
okay...lets see if i have this straight...

it's okay that more kids die in schools then members of the armed forces as long as you 2nd amendment rights are protected???

it okay for the public to have guns in schools with kids but not around the vice president who has his own protection squad???

banning guns won't fix the problem...because guns don't kill people????

Latest posts

Latest posts