What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

Welcome to the show swap! You are just in time to the start of another round. The current batch of seedlings is a mix of home made crosses and freebies from breeders. The ccf2 crosses are 3rd generation of selected copper chem from green point seeds. The male used in those crosses was the frosty male i found in the second generation of back crossing. That male stank of limes and had some beautiful purple coloring. So far everything I've crossed with chem males has led to heavier yields, copious amounts of resin, and citrus/cleaning chemical terps. The interesting ones to watch will be the c99 (brothers grimm cinderella 99) × copper chem f2. I'm hoping the c99 will shorten the maturation time of the chem line from 11+ weeks to somewhere around 9 weeks of bloom. We shall see how they do!

All of the plants in the crosses are documented in this thread to some extent if you do a little digging in earlier posts. Again, welcome to the show and thanks for stopping by!

Early germination rates are looking pretty good! It appears there are a few stragglers late to the party, no biggie. I planned on having a few duds. I've got 24 spots in the aero table and 4 spots in the u undercurrent to fill for bloom. As you can see there are way more seedlings than open spots. I'll be ruthlessly culling plants this go around. I am looking for new mother plants and only the best will suffice.

Seedlings will be transplanted into the aero totes in the veg tent tonight. I currently have the seedlings under a cobb led fixture. That will be swapped out for de cmh once they get a little more mature. I'm experimenting with light spacing to keep seedling stretch to a minimum. If anyone has some advice on minimizing early plant stretch, i would love to hear it!

Maverick has a full on curly q in its stalk. Im curious if it will stay that way.
picture.php

Seedlings! Lots of seedlings!
picture.php

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I hope the mom hunt produces the greatest plant the world has ever seen. Isn’t it funny that is a realistic possibility, no better time to be growing this plant. I have a BG c99 I can’t let go of, the smell translates so well to a taste of fruity goodness. Adding a limey production booster sounds like an ideal concentrate cocktail. Cheers and best of luck.

swapmeet

Welcome to the show swap! You are just in time to the start of another round. The current batch of seedlings is a mix of home made crosses and freebies from breeders. The ccf2 crosses are 3rd generation of selected copper chem from green point seeds. The male used in those crosses was the frosty male i found in the second generation of back crossing. That male stank of limes and had some beautiful purple coloring. So far everything I've crossed with chem males has led to heavier yields, copious amounts of resin, and citrus/cleaning chemical terps. The interesting ones to watch will be the c99 (brothers grimm cinderella 99) × copper chem f2. I'm hoping the c99 will shorten the maturation time of the chem line from 11+ weeks to somewhere around 9 weeks of bloom. We shall see how they do!

All of the plants in the crosses are documented in this thread to some extent if you do a little digging in earlier posts. Again, welcome to the show and thanks for stopping by!

Right on brother, let's get some moms... I have always wanted to run Brothers Grimm Cindy.... I ran some in do cal back in the day, got a cut of, I think it was the pinapple pheno iirc.... I was into the heavy hitting Indies at the time (still am), so I wasn't a fan... But always wanted to try brothers Grimm because I heard it was the most potent good luck my bro...

There are mixed reviews on the new release of c99. I found a keeper out of the 3 females i grew out. The general consensus is that the new release is not the same c99, but close. I never grew the original and out of the 3 females i grew out there was some notable differences in phenotypes. Personally i think the new release is worth the money. Buy some beans and pop them if you want a nice fruity sativa. The lab test results are in this thread somewhere. If i remember right the keeper tested around 20% thc. She was pretty high energy sativa in small doses. Smoke more than a small amount, and you better have time to take a nap:biggrin: the reason i kept that cut was more about the fruity smell, the superb shatter it made, and my buddies wives that were always wanting to know when i would share with them.

Update time! The seedlings are kicking ass. The c99 x copper chem f2's are currently in the lead. They are growing out their 4th set of leaves while most of the rest are working on their 3rd set of leaves or fewer. Roots are starting to pop out of the 3" net pots. I stuck all of the copper chem crosses in the smaller tote and the other random genetics in the larger tote. Competition this round will be fierce for the spots to flower in the aerotable. Some bias will be given to the feminized seeds, but not much. I will be making more seeds this round with the copper chem pollen i've got.

picture.php

FRANKENBUDS

Update time! The seedlings are kicking ass. The c99 x copper chem f2's are currently in the lead. They are growing out their 4th set of leaves while most of the rest are working on their 3rd set of leaves or fewer. Roots are starting to pop out of the 3" net pots. I stuck all of the copper chem crosses in the smaller tote and the other random genetics in the larger tote. Competition this round will be fierce for the spots to flower in the aerotable. Some bias will be given to the feminized seeds, but not much. I will be making more seeds this round with the copper chem pollen i've got.

View Image

Frozen, I saw a tutorial on here with some superb misters/spray heads that made the EPITOME of what you want aero mist to be... I could have sworn the thread belonged to you.. but i may be mistaken. I have been busting my butt trying to navigate this site to find it and I cannot!!! Do you have any pics of root zone mist shots??? What heads do you use???

Fan freaking tastic grow....

:lurk:

Thanks for the compliment frankenbuds! I can post pics for ya of my typical root zone. I've got the run down of my aerototes in this and other threads. The fancy thread on aero mist isn't mine. I'm pretty sure you are thinking about 50 micron water droplet mist with high pressure aeroponics. I did a ton of research on the subject when i got into hydroponics. I decided to give aeroponics a whirl with a low pressure aeroponics setup first. Low pressure aero runs off of an aquarium type water pump and spray heads similar to ez cloner sprayers. The 27 gallon tote and 55 gallon tote both have small aquarium pumps. The aerotable has a larger output aquarium pump roughly twice the output of the totes. I cant remember specific output. Both setups work off of adjustable short cycle timers. I built my system similar to one of pirate's (see link below). I tweaked it to be built with readily available parts from the local grow shop and home depot. I've got a few years and many grows in the veg totes and bloom aerotable. I honestly lost interest in building a high pressure aeroponics setup because this simple setup works consistently well. I average over a gram per watt off of the aerotable, even with it not at max capacity plant or canopy wise. Now it is worth mentioning that i yeild more weight per square foot with my undercurrent setup consistently.... this is done growing much bigger plants with longer veg times. So it really is a wash on which system is better.

Back to high pressure aeroponics- most people that use it or have used it compare it to a racecar. When its running good, it is amazing. Much like a fancy racecar, its running on the ragged edge and will crash if you don't stay on top of it. I believe PALINDROME used to run a hpa setup and can elaborate a little more on the topic.

Other goings on in the garden! I decided to take 2 cuttings of the carolina reapers. They got stuck in the big aerotote to root. No cloning gel or special techniques. I cut off a new growth shoot and stuck it in the same type of neoprene ring the seedlings got. Lets see if and how long they take to root.

Pirate's aero thread- highly recomend a read through for those interested in aeroponics system info.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=113425

Veg aerotote root zone
picture.php

Typical mature roots in bloom aerotable
picture.php

How's this for 7 days of early veg progress? The c99×ccf2 is smoking the rest of the pack. Ill be topping all the plants this weekend.

7 days ago:
picture.php

Tonight:
picture.php

FRANKENBUDS

Early germination rates are looking pretty good! It appears there are a few stragglers late to the party, no biggie. I planned on having a few duds. I've got 24 spots in the aero table and 4 spots in the u undercurrent to fill for bloom. As you can see there are way more seedlings than open spots. I'll be ruthlessly culling plants this go around. I am looking for new mother plants and only the best will suffice.

Seedlings will be transplanted into the aero totes in the veg tent tonight. I currently have the seedlings under a cobb led fixture. That will be swapped out for de cmh once they get a little more mature. I'm experimenting with light spacing to keep seedling stretch to a minimum. If anyone has some advice on minimizing early plant stretch, i would love to hear it!

Maverick has a full on curly q in its stalk. Im curious if it will stay that way.
View Image

Seedlings! Lots of seedlings!
View Image

Frozen, what medium did you plant those seeds in? Ive got some solo cup seedlings Id like to transfer to a 5 gallon low pressure aero bucket. I was considering washing the roots and just putting the neoprene collar around the stems and moving them without taking any dirt. Ideas?? Advice??

Rapid rooter cubes are what i use for seedlings. Rinse off the roots and put them in your aero setup. It should take a week to 2 weeks for new healthy white roots to show up. The existing roots will be damaged when you transplant, but the plants will be fine. Expect explosive growth once you get them dialed in with aero, i hope you are ready :biggrin:

Front tub topped a week ago, back tub a couple days ago. Ill top them once more here shortly. I'm starting to see root pimples on the carolina reaper clones. I'm going to try to bonsai one of them for giggles and shits.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts