What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Crappy Day in Paradise..... Do it Again.

oldhaole

Veteran
You know how this works....

Standing in the middle of nowhere,
Wondering how to begin.
Lost between tomorrow and yesterday,
Between now and then.

It's another year, we're off on another complete circle around the sun, just like the last one..... only maybe not.

For those of you new to this circus, allow me to introduce you to the wonderful world of growing marijuana in Hawaii. I will be your partner in crime, along with a few other voices that just will not be silenced. Some of us live on a beautiful warm island called Maui, but we are scattered all over the state.

picture.php

This ain't a growlog as you would expect one to be, no it's gone past that. If you have stumbled into this looking for actual knowledge, sorry, your in the wrong place. The knowledge contained in here is only good until you reach the water, past that point, it's worthless.

While we are in the process of crushing any illusions you may have been harboring, might as well give you some more bad news. That shitty phone I own is alive and kicking, so the pics won't be getting better any time soon.

So let me wrap this up. Shitty pics, No actual knowledge shared. A rather manic leader....

So I gotta ask....why are you here again?

Maybe because I can string words together pretty well? Or maybe you want front row seats to see how big of a crater I leave when lose it. Two extremes. Maybe something inbetween? Only you can answer that question.

And now we're back where we started
Here we go round again
Day after day I get up and I say
I better do it again

Twenty-fifteen is gonna be different than 2014. This year will be last year on steroids. Last year was wet, this one will be dry. Everything you will see is grown outside, rain at the wrong time can be death, sun at the right time.... that's gonna be this year.

The strains are simple. A short drive down the hill is Greyskull. With his fingers on the Mainland, just about anything there, makes its way here.... if we want it. Then on the other side of me is Casper. With his love of anything Bodi, and his local people, that route is well covered too. I sit in the middle of greatness, and some accidently splashes onto me. Go figure.

Comming up is a year filled with uncertainties. Laws are changing. To what we have no clue. My wife and I are caretakers for two other patients. Legaly I'm allowed 28 plants, but I cheat alot, so..... who knows how many are really growing at one time.

Where are all the people going?
Round and round till we reach the end.
One day, leading to another.
Get up, go out, do it again.

The garden is really a series of backfilled planters, though there have been so many plants put in them, the soil is mostly old FF Ocean, with homemade compost added in. At one time only half is planted, the othe half is planted in clover and allowed to go fallow for the half year. The garden itself was made by me jumping on a shovel, and a big iron toothpick called an O'o, over the course of a lifetime. Now I have it kinda just where I want it.

Unlike today, where you just plant anywhere, who cares what the neighbors say, this garden was planned and put in back when it was still illegal. So before I built the garden, I planted all kinds of cover, and put the plants in a shallow gulch. So they can NOT be seen from anywhere off my land.

The Summer gulch contains 21 spaces for clones and 7 spaces for trees. There are also another 11 holes in front of the house, these can be used for either plants from clone or trees from seed. and as of this monent, most of them are occupied.

I'm not known for my fast starts, no, I tend to slowly build up to madness, not launch the year with it, but this year is different. I'm banking on the powers that be, will be rather paralized at the changeover. If that is gonna happen, this will be the year it happens. This garden has an experation date. By the second week of April, it'll all be gone, replanted, with what we don't yet know.

And you think today is going to be better.
Change the world and do it again.
Give it all up and start all over.
You say you will but you don't know when.

In reality this year started late last year. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I started 3 waves of Scogi (Skunkdog x Gogi OG) seed a week apart. One of those three waves should land in the sweetspot and I do think we have a winner.

Wave one got hit and put on the ground by not one but two Kona storms. Still, not bad. Maybe five more weeks. But missed early.

picture.php

Wave Two. Direct hit. More Scogi These should be the ones. They'll get to five, six feet, and yield a half lb apiece.

picture.php

Wave three.... Looking late. Probably gonna miss long. The strain may save me though. Not Scogi.

picture.php

Now, If you think all I have been doing the past couple of months is fucking off, well you would have hit the nail on the head. But I did have time to add a few slots and another couple of planters into the gulch..... and now they see their first clones.

picture.php

From this point on it gets nothing but better. As each day gets a little longer, the plants grow bigger, they yield more, and this is as ugly as the day's gonna get.

The days go by and you wish you were a different guy.
Different friends and a new set of clothes.
You make alterations and [a fact in you knows].
A new house, a new car, a new job, a new nose.
But it's superficial and it's only skin deep.
Cause the voices in your head keep shouting in your sleep,
Get back, get back!

Yes I know, compared to my last one this intro leaves much to be desired. But then again, we are talking weeks not months between logs. Sometimes you gotta let the voices scream for awhile, to catch the point they want to make.

But past this point, there is an entire unexplored year out there. What it holds, I don't have a clue. What I do know, is that you will find out a few minutes after me.

Last edited:

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Very good my friend. The edit has me laughing. Hope you have a great year!
Aloha from the peanut gallery lol

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Very cool to see this journal start! Its 7 degrees here, so popping into your world helps pass the winter freeze and gets me jacked up for spring.

Looks like you have been busy as per usual!

May 2015 bless you with bountiful yields and safe farming my friend!

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Best,
Lester

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hahahahahaha
Starting off on the right foot I see my friend
Always impressed.

When's the next dab session?

A hui hou

vostok

Veteran
The beginnings of a great grow, note the position of the plants in the hill side, as I too heard it rains heavily in Hawaii at times, hence its one place overfeeding actually works ...lol

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Ah!

Another crappy day.
But the purple prose, flows.
O.H. is on top of his game.
The snails on his thorn.
All's right with this world.
DSCF8202.jpg

Aloha nui,
Wee

Casper808

Db should change name to peanut gallery..hahaha.....I'm glad it didn't take long fo da voices to come blasting on da paper...hahaha....upcountry dabz inc......Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
- Mark Twain
I can see that has not been applied...let's get em dis year Hawaii boyz
oH and Greyskull da bes on Maui ......cheeeeeeeeeee

oldhaole

Veteran
You Take it In Your Own Way.....

You Take it In Your Own Way.....

Shit....

It's either do this or hijack Grey's thread, take it for a spin, and leave it wrecked out in Kanaio, but no. I promised not to.

Looks like I gotta do this. I betcha you this will be nowhere near as fun as doing that would. But nothing stopping me from taking THIS thread out and leaving it wrecked in the Tinaroo.

Here we are, January is over, the total take for the year is, wait for it, ready yet, I can keep this up... but I won't.

Total take for January..... is...... One.

And it was a fuckin' fag.

So, January sucks, and frankly, so does Febuary. This is nothing new. But March will be madness. And it's all good. See, my friend, some friend, gave me a fag. Should I have had a garden full of flowers, it would not have ended well. But since there was nothing in flower..... no damage was done.

Well now I found myself,
Wish I was someone else.
My hands are stained with love,
Wish I could take it away.
I hid behind the shell.
In time the pain will melt.
My heart is stained with love,
Wish I could fake it.

Uh oh... it's the Politicly Correct people.

They object to my use of the term fag.... as in fag plant. True, the term is offensive, but so is finding one dumping pollen in your garden. And the people that gave it to you should be called out and publicly shamed.

What's that? Can't do that? Shet! Your a lucky ghost!

Anyway, us old people gotta be pardoned when they use terms like fag plants, Got nuthin against gays, let 'em get married, they deserve the same right to be tortured, forever, just like the rest of us..... I would never call someone a fag...... but a plant?

It is and always will be a fag in my book. Besides, hemrophidite is too many fuckn' letters. If that term offends you.... Go away.

See? Every one in awhile..... crackers.

My selfish enemy,
Still has the best of me.
Empty and feeling numb.
Wish I could take it away.
I can't control the need,
To weak to not concede.
Wish I was deaf and dumb.
Wish I could fake it.

Deadlines.

We all got them. Remember the bonus round I was making noises about earlier? That window has closed. The ship has sailed, the bus has drove off, Elvis has left the building. Anything planted from seed past this point will probably regrow, unless you are gonna mess with their light. The three waves from seed have turned into five, well really four, since I wasn't happy with the fourth wave, I killed the whole damn thing and replaced it with the fifth and final wave. Today.

Got it? You know, there is a test at the end.

And that brings us to one of the nice things about seeds. You put no work into them, so you can easily, without guilt, kill the weak ones. Wave Three? All two plants of it? Those are Greyskulls genetics, Skunkdog x SoCalMaster. Started twenty plants, killed eighteen. These two better be good.....If not... Tinaroo. Kanaio.

So, with that deadline rapidly receding in the rear view mirror, everything is off and running. Now all I need is the cooperation of the woman upstairs. Today it rained, and that was perfect timing. Transplanting in the rain? Wonderfuckinful.

But, like a typical woman, she won't be onboard for long. Next week we are looking at West winds. Never talked about them before. Never had too, because we never see sustained wind out of the West. I haven't seen them in 15 years. But what I can tell you, in this place, is that they are not a good thing. Should things happen like they predict.... we may be the Windward side for awhile.

Houston. We may have a problem.

Still, better now when everything is young, than later. Young plants can be fixed, old ones rot. And since this grow has to be able to disappear fast, framing and fixing these plants in place is not an option either.

I gave my life away,
There's nothing left to say.
I gave my life away,
You take it in your own way.

There are a lot of ways to mess this up. One path to the promised land though.

And, that is all we need.

Now, to the PG....

Yea DB... 666. Came close to scrapping the whole enchelada. No can. Chance 'em.

Lester.... Thanks. Seven whole degrees? Dude! Sucks to be you. Whatever warmth this thread throws off? It's all yours.

Grey.... we alredy had that session. Your cupboard was bare? I fixed it? How quickly they forget.

Vos.... thanks. One day the gulch will flow. It has before, before I put a pile of plants there. When that day happens again....I'm fucked.

Weez.... Is that Guerilla Glue Goo? Did that work for you?

Casper.... thanks for the fag!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Well today it is 11 degrees and we got two feet of snow last night. But it is 72 and sunny in my garden!

So the west winds are predicted for this season? What causes that?

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
"Weez.... Is that Guerilla Glue Goo? Did that work for you?"

Um, no. :(
'twas a minor disaster.
The bad news followed fast, then followed faster.

The "goo" was a winterization of some BHO for a mutual friend.
I'll PM ya with the details.

A.,
W.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like that culling action!
no shame i know you are only looking for the best - thats what growers are supposed to do. only the best lose the rest.
20-2 sounds like you are not fucking around

those 2 better be fucking good or I am gonna be hearing it.
oh boy will I hear it.
but id rather hear truth than some happy bullshit crap.
spill it.
i am not worried - ITS 50% SKUNKDAWG.
like the good ghost says, and I have taken to use as my own now (I owe you casper!)...
no worry beef curry

I am curious what you're gonna be saying in a couple months....

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Interesting about the wind. We've had an extremely dry winter here on the eastside BI, the other day I was just wondering what would happen if the weather switched and kona got all our usual rain and we got the sun. Probably be devastating for just about everything except growing herb.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
OH, looks like we're thousands of miles apart, but on the same schedule. Harvest starts March 3rd for me and goes through the entire month - March Madness indeed!

Best of luck this year to all you guys keeping hawaii green!

iTarzan

I would like to follow along. Permission to leave ship and come to the island.

Do you have trouble with rippers in your area?

Casper808

Sorry fo da mahu....or whatevahs u guys like call em......shit happens...supah windy tonight,but wuz a mean sunset and cherry moonrise.......I wuz tinkin u da guy dat goes thru afta me and picks out all da boys,mussa been we both em missem....alohaz ..oh and Greyskull bes upcountry

oldhaole

Veteran
Jeez... What I need is a Troll...

Jeez... What I need is a Troll...

Well, as I type this, the second rain band, two of three for those keeping score at home, has just begun to caress our shores. The leading edge of a very thick area of Low pressure has moved the storm track South, and South be.... right on top us.

Luckily, the storm track itself, there isn't much storm there, and the thick Low is moving away, so what we are getting is just the West winds feeding the Low, as it retreats. The atmosphere over the state remains stubbornly dry, so any storm heading this way has to pass through the mass of dry air, thus weaking it before it gets here.

The one neat thing for weather freaks like myself, is that the entire wind flow for our area is now Zonal. From the jet stream, 40,000 feet above, to sea level, everything is moving East, out of the West. Almost never happens, and this has been going on now for a few days, and is gonna continue for another couple of more.

Where I sit on this rock? The only thing that can really hurt us is a strong West wind. I'm protected from everything except for that. A West wing comes right up the hill, straight into what few teeth I have left.

But none of this matters. All we got from the storm was some 35 MPH gusts, then a good inch of light rain. One flowering plant, already messed up from the last two Kona storms keeled over, snapped, so Febuarys take just got smaller. As expected, some of the new plants in the gulch were pushed over, but they are young and easy to put back into place. Best of all, the bottom garden, where I'd expect to face the worst of the West winds? The cover around the garden protected everything just perfect. Not a branch was broken.

Since everything in the garden is young, two more plants were taken before the rain, this event has been far more good than bad. Nothing like a visable jump after the rain.... and more is falling right this moment.

Lester... Answer your question?

Weez.... Sorry to hear about the mess. Always have the worst time getting that to root.... unlike some people.

Grey.... I'm not worried. There was nothing really wrong with the big cull. You had a great germination ratio, I cracked too many, so I picked out the two that look most like Skunkdog, and grew the tallest, something that the SoCalMaster is not exactly known for. My bet is those two will lean Skunkdog, and we both know..... you can't fuck that up even if you tried.

Arthritis....Thanks. Always nice to put an area that gives nothing back to work. And the winds weren't so bad after all. I was worried when they were saying 50 MPH. Didn't even come close.

Kalo... yea, you guys have been dry this Winter. We are catching the rain as it fades out, you guys are getting nothing. Probably gonna be an ugly fire season later on this year.

Dawn.... glad you followed the trail. If all goes as planned.... like that's gonna happen.... March should be stupid. For both of us. Keep in touch.

iTarzan.... Permission granted. Rippers? No, I have a great security team. Not much gets past them.

Casper... No damage done. Just needed my pound of flesh.

Hows the wind treating you OH? That's a massive front northwest of us. I hear some of the biggest surf to come this winter will be here in the next few days. I just hope my girls can make it thru the night hahaha.

oldhaole

Veteran
Every Day is Exactly the Same......

Every Day is Exactly the Same......

Let's see.... This may be good. In theory, now let's see if it flies.....

Kids, I don't want to be that guy, I really don't. Best let sleeping dogs lie, but I'm just not wired that way. Santa is alive and well at the North Pole, busy making toys for next year. The Tooth Fairy is waiting each night for that first tooth to fall out. And the Easter Bunny, well he is dying eggs and waiting for Spring.

Let them believe. After all, nobody got hurt, nobody has to crush their illusions, I certainly derive absolultly no pleasure from it.

One problem with that. Someday, they will know the truth. Santa is a drunk homeless dude they clean up and trot out each Christmas. The Tooth Fairy is dead, it's not like your gonna get paid for all those other teeth that will fall out over the course of your life. Fuck no! Those gonna cost you big time. Tooth Fairy my ass. And the Easter Bunny? Good luck! Santa and the other homeless guys that live under the overpass just killed him and are roasting him over an open fire, about to eat his sorry ass.

Hold on.... I got more.

I believe I can see the future,
Cause I repeat the same routine.
I think I used to have a purpose,
Then again, it might have been a dream.

Where were we?

Oh yea, Kids. They are sooner or later, they will find out the truth. And, they won't really trust too much, the fool that has been pissing on them, when the little darlings realize it isn't a warm rain that is falling. No, It is far better to crush their illusions now, rather than bullshitting them, and having them find out the hard way that Mom and Dad are full of shit.

I used to think I had a voice,
Now I never make a sound.
I just do what I've been told.
I really don't want THEM to come around.

So , Like the kids you are, it falls, yet again, on my wide shoulders, to explain to you how Hawaii really works. No, I'm not talking the garbage the pro MMJ groups are slinging.

Every year is the same. Some group or committee comes up with all these recomendations. That's the morphene, that will make you feel great, right up to the point where they castrate you, or you have to sell those great ideas to the legislature. The the warm fuzzy is gone, replace with the cold douche of a little thing called reality.

Here is a little thing you are up against.

Of the 50 states, all but two have some form of leagized gaming. Be it a lottery, casino, whatever, One of those States, Utah, has a religious problem with gaming and won't let it happen. The other state is Hawaii. No religious problem here, we send thousands of players to Vegas every week. It's not like the various ethnic groups that make up the stew we call Hawaii don't like to bet, they do.

So why no gaming? The public preception, how you see us, would be forever changed in their eyes. Japaneese call it face. If Hawaii allowed gaming, we would be the Vegas in the Pacific.

Thirty years ago, this was a good idea. Now, when every State has one form of gaming or another, it isn't. We send billions each year to Vegas, but the State doen't care. The perception is more important than the money. Period. Just like MMJ, every year some gaming bill or another is introduced. The it gets taken out back and cooked on an open fire, and fed to the homeless Santas' under the H-1. Just like most, if not all of the current crop of MMJ legislation.

I can feel their eyes watching,
In case I lose myself again.
Sometimes I think I'm happy, yeah.
Sometimes, I still pretend.
I can't remember how this got started.
Oh, but I can tell you exactly, how it will end.

MMJ is a geanie accidently let out of the bottle. You seem to think it was the people that did this. No way. The Legislature did it, it wasn't suppose to pass, let alone be signed into law, but Ben Cayatano did it to stick his finger in their eye. He was suppose to veto it. He didn't, only to give the legislature a big fuckin' tar baby they had no clue what the hell to do with. So they put it in a corner for a decade plus. Every year they trot it out, take one look, then put it back.... maybe not in the same place, Santa doesn't get to roast the tar baby. You ever roasted one? Believe me, it takes weeks to put out..... and talk about smoke.

And let me leave you with how this will work. Hawaii will cobble some program or another together. Just not this year. When they do, everyone behind the curtain will be someone who "knows" someone. My bet would be a Haole front with Japaneese money behind. They have yet to figure out how to do this cleanly, and this won't be easy, so nothing this year.

I'm writing on a little piece of paper.
I''m hoping someday you might find.
Well I'll hide it behind something.
They won't look behind.

Dispensaries? On Oahu, they would do real good. Big Island? I don't think so. But where they gonna get product from? Oh yes, the producers! Methinks that be where the gold lie. But it strikes me as you'd want the dispensary just for the producers licence alone. Cart before horse.

Once this can of worms gets opened, it can't be closed, so it better be very unlike the current fucked up law. And, honestly, I like the current fucked up version. No, what they will do, one of these days, is copy some other State's laws, so they don't have to think hard, then try to impliment them here. What could possibly go wrong?

I'm still inside here,
A little bit comes bleeding through.
I wish this could be any other way,
But I just don't know, I don't know what else I can do.

Out in the garden things continue, just as planned. Added nothing, took nothing. Yesterday, another Kona storm ran over us with the usual wind and four inches of rain. Tonite is cold and clear, with the next bout of, perhaps, nasty weather is this weekend. Until then.....

Every day is exactly the same.

Last edited:

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Peanuts! Popcorn! Candy! What else did you expect from the P Gallery. You are dead on with our government and how they work. We had high winds and no rain. Haven't seen this weather here in many years. Latters