What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COCO and BLUMATS FTW!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
umm yeah so in the last couple days while waiting on my airpots from amazon some shit went down lol. they friggin got massive! all the sudden out of nowhere they just got gigantic. oh and ive got neon yello mushrooms growing all over my pots lol. i know from the mycology days that shows me i have a very healthy root zone. the mycelium and the roots work together and help each other out so im just gonna leave em :) they are just babies right now but i'll get some pics in a couple days when they get bigger. too bad they werent cubensis haha

oh and i harvested last night. my GPW will be crap cuz of all the crap they went through but i hit my goal of 2 zips per plant average and the next coco run will be smooth as silk.

ONE IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: dont let your res run dry with the blumats! i just made that mistake because im running a baby res and these plants are way too big and theres way too many lol. the coco dries out and then when you refill it they flow like crazy trying to catch up. problem is that you get a ton of drippage all in one spot and it just drains away before it has time to moisten the whole pot.

IF THIS HAPPENS SIMPLY HAND WATER AND THEN READJUST THE DRIPPER. THATS IT :)

MY POTS BETTER COME IN TODAY! they are way too big for my liking right now lol they are gonna stretch like mad and im gonna have to get real creative with my tomatoe cage/scrog hybrid lol

Attachments

• P4170546.JPG
    P4170546.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 36

Desert Hydro

Veteran
hey rives, yeah i saw that they arent quite the same as SOTF but ive tried for months to come up on them and they havent been in stock. i have no worries about the quality of moscas sweet tooth tribute. ive seen the troopers plant shots and they look AMAZING!

so i was helping a buddy out tonight so i didnt get to transplant after all. tomorrow after work i will run the lines and move em. my first batch of clones are ALL rooted as well. its going to be a very busy day tomorrow lol. ive got to plant and label a bunch of clones, transplant, run the drip lines, tomatoe cage/scrog and im sure theres much more im forgetting.

still unsure what lighting to run. tent is almost 5X5. i can run 2 X 600's which i think will get way too hot even with AC occasionaly dumping in from the central. I can do a 600 and a 400, or just 2 400's..........im also contemplating running dual spectrum but im not sure about that either. i honestly think dual 4's would be fine since there is NO undergrowth and anything down low will get trimmed off tomorrow. i only want top buds with no popcorn so the 400's wont have to penetrate into a canopy at all and i can put them real close.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
here are the mushies! im just gonna leave em be i guess. too bad 90% of most mushrooms are straight poisonous lol
about half of the pots have them. this is the biggest cluster.

Attachments

• P4190549.JPG
    P4190549.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 36

Desert Hydro

Veteran
its crazy how big those bitches really were when i pulled them apart and spread them out. they filled up my flower tent quite nicely :)

Attachments

• P4190550.JPG
    P4190550.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 27
  • P4190551.JPG
    P4190551.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 34
  • P4190552.JPG
    P4190552.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 38

Desert Hydro

Veteran
so ive decided that i kinda wanna turn my veg tent back into an ebb and flow SOG and then clear out my closet and veg under my fluoros lol. ive got sooo many damn clones i dont know what to do with em. damn that 100% success rate :) im thinking no veg time straight into 12/12. ive got some pure blend pro i need to use up lol so LETS DO IT! im ordering 36 4X4X4 rockwool cubes and a bud blanket to place underneath them. gonna run em under a 300W with CO2 and have a blast! moms will go into 3 gal pots and get moved into the closet ASAP lol

Desert Hydro

Veteran
anyone running that aeration mix with the blumats yet?? if it works out im just gonna put a bunch of perlite in the coco and copy it on the cheap lol.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
stuff's on order and im bumpin 2 400's. i run about 1-2 degrees over ambient. if i leave the tent doors open slightly and blow in cool air it stays quite nice. soon i will pump air from the central directly in and i wont have to leave the door open. the plants look great. super perky and lush. 4/20 was officially day 1 of 12/12 :)

kln

Very nice grow, i was thinking of install some drippers this summer, but now, u got my full atention to those blumat's from my experience in coco the most important is not let coco dry out, and this seems amazing to use with it.

thanks for sharing

Desert Hydro

Veteran
the AK has turned out to be pretty nice! im still a bit undecided on the WW X BB but i think this run in coco will be a much better run so we will see. i dont think its worth keeping around since i didnt find a keeper. ive got some nice things flowering right now that will put that stuff to shame :) the herijuana are getting HUGE. i dont think i will have to worry about them falling over too much since they are a low yield, high potency strain. the jackberry kush are wild cards. i know almost nothing about them BUT they are staying super short and bushy showing off nice indica traits so i like them already . i will get some pics up tonight when the lights come on. all is running nice and smooth. they gone through about 8 gallons of nutes since the transplant and they are growing like mad

Desert Hydro

Veteran
here are the canopy shots. i have never seen such healthy and vigorous plants in a long time. beautiful and lush. here's a pic of the AK bud in cure. i suck with macros and my crappy camera but you get the idea :) smells of STANK already

Attachments

• P4230555.JPG
    P4230555.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 30
  • P4230554.JPG
    P4230554.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 28
  • P4230553.JPG
    P4230553.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 31

Desert Hydro

Veteran
oh i forgot, i made out an order for barneys farm critical kush(critical mass X OG kush) and mosca negras tsi fly(c4 X c99). the money order goes out in the morning. still looking for my big yield keeper plant. one of these two strains should be it for sure, hell maybe i will even get a keeper from each strain ;)

Desert Hydro

Veteran
BGHydro is lagging it on my order big time!!! im pissed. they only sent me half of my order. i was put on hold forever and no one answered to tell me about the rest of my shit. meanwhile my clones are suffering with no rockwool to go into and they are LONG over due. this is like the third time they have sent only part of my order and didnt even tell me about it or why they did it. F.....................

Bonzo

Veteran
DH dude...try PacificCoastHydro...prolly beat BG's prices too...:) plants look killer...tsi fly sounds real good...:)

Desert Hydro

Veteran
runnin 2 600's and the bitches are loving it! they are nice and perky. im gonna run super light nutes the whole run since they are constantly being drip fed. this should be some nice and smooth herb when done. i have to keep the tent door open when the lights are on so they dont roast but its really not an issue. when the smell starts up i will have to pump air from the central in so i can keep it closed. 3rd week is when they start to stink. my herijuana and jackberry kush should be 7-8 week strains and the rest will go a full 9 weeks or about 65 days. i read that clones finish a little bit faster than seed plants so hopefully i can shave a couple days off lol.

i am only keeping my super indica AK47 plant. i did not find a keeper in the white widow X big bud. she turned out nice, but not near as nice as the AK and not near as dense. the AK is about as solid as it gets for under a 600W light. almost no give what so ever when you apply pressure to the top buds when dried.

there is one MONSTER herijuana plant that has caught my eye so ive taken a couple extra clones of it. the leaves look just like moscas old time bubba kush. they get super fat in the middle but taper fast and have giant teeth on them.

Attachments

• P4250557.JPG
    P4250557.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 26
  • P4250558.JPG
    P4250558.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 24
L

lordofthenugz

Nice! You've got me considering Blumats for my next instead of my current manifold system.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
if you already have a manifold system i think you will find the transition to be much easier. i went from straight hydro and never had done coco. i read and re-read the link in my sig several times but i was already convinced on buying them after the first read. i felt like i knew everything about them before they showed up and that helped a lot.

once you get them dialed in and you get your nutes tuned to your plants you will be VERY pleased. i thought i would get alot faster growth rates with active hydro but coco, blumats and air pots are not far behind at all. its about as easy as ebb and flow with the added safety bonus that there is nothing electrical to fail on you

Desert Hydro

Veteran
so destiny just gave me a swift kick in the balls lol. i just pulled 4 males! 4!!!! i could have sworn i had sexxed all these already but who knows anymore lol. oh well. i lost all but one of the herijuana including my big trophy plant. so now ive got 1 jackberry kush, 1 herijuana, 9 mix and match phenos of wwXbb and 1 AK. what a bitch. so now im gonna have to clone whatever i can from the remaining jackberry KO and herijuana to make sure i have plenty for the next run. this sucks lol. i think i may have to pick up clones when i go out of town next time :(

Attachments

• P4260559.JPG
    P4260559.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 25

Desert Hydro

Veteran
headed out to pick up supplies since BGHYDRO is STILL lagging on my order!!! its been like two weeks and they still havent shipped half of my order which was just rockwool and a coco mat to go under the rockwool. im assuming its backordered but they didnt even let me know or anything. this is bullshit. its like the third time they have done this to me. i WILL NOT order from them again. nor will i reccomend them anymore. MY CLONES ARE DYING BECAUSE OF THEM! DICKS! ok now i feel better. now i gotta drive 3 hours to a hydro store to pick up rockwool because they are idiots.

oh well. got a hook up for clones when i arrive and gonna pick up some of the local scenes badass genes. theyve got some fire around there. dont know what im getting yet but i told him i wanted a couple commercial strains like blue dream or hindu skunk and then a couple straight knockouts.