What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Running oscillating lights, or less lights?

Hello everyone. Bit of a predicament here.

I totally undersized my cooling. My mini split can't keep up with my DE room. I am running 12 open 1000w DE's. The room is fully sealed and I run a CO2 burner at 1200ppm. Room is 30x15, I'm running 3 custom built trays with plants filling them up completely. My room is basically packed full of plantage.

My issue is that the AC simply can't keep up. I made the mistake of running one large air handler rather than a couple to split up my cooling capacity, but I also undersized my compressor as well.

Shit sucks, but here I am.

My question is, if you were in this position, would you rather run the lights in an oscillating fashion with 6 lights on per cycle. Switching the lights that are on every 2 hours. I would imagine this might operate similar to a light mover.
Wv9QFSu.jpg

OR

Would you just go ahead and scrap 4 of the 12 lights, and run 8 of the lights only at full blast for the full 12 hour photoperiod?

Thanks for your inputs!

Here is what my room looks like currently.. packed full of SFV OG. Running all MH except for the two lights that are on top of the camera, which is why the plants in front look so yellow.

Week 1 of flower.

8Np1zNv.jpg

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Oscillating the lights will drastically shorten the life of the lamps, you might end up having to replace them during the grow

Why not rent a couple more A/C units?

St. Phatty

increase your ventilation - enough to dissipate the extra 4 kilowatts - and you won't need the extra A/C.

but then you might need some noise insulation ... if people wonder why your grow room ventilation sounds like an airplane.

Chemdawggy Dawg

I would shut off the co2 until it is cold out. Those burners put out a ton of heat and with the de lights I doubt you'll need it anyway.

Latest posts

Latest posts