What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

F landlords!

Stan G.

F@#king landlords can be some of the worst members of society. Power trips worse than pigs. Should be called landwhores.:tiphat:

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The last house I rented I thought the landlord was ok. Untill the last few months.
It was a semi detached, I got along with the neighbors pretty good. We smoked together on the occasion. Shared summertime BBQs and beers.
Well they hit on hard times, and had some family members move up from Philly. They was cool to.
However. Shortly after moving in, I see 4 mattress' lined up along the fence. At first I think they tossing them to buy new ones. Nope.
They stay outside for a week, then back inside they go. I'm thinking maybe they got bed bugs ? I dunno.
A few weeks later the cockroaches show up on our side. So I go n smoke a fatty with the neighbors and ask him what's up. Dude like yeah, when his fam moved in the brought them, and now they are infested.
I never had roaches so I don't know how bad they are. I'm like well, you guys make sure and poison them, and so will I. Hahahahahahahaha hahaha
Hahahahahaha
Those fuckers turned into millions right quick. So I tell the landlord. He's says " oh well I'll talk to them" Said I didn't want that. Get a fucking exterminator in here !
He never did. So we moved out.
Now when I signed the lease I handed that man 6 months rent in cash up front. Then always stayed 3 mo ahead. The neighbors stayed 6mo behind the 3 yrs I was there.
I never called the man. Something broke, I fixed it. Replaced his washer, dryer, stove, and fridge while I was there. All broke within 6mo of me being there. Not new gear, but good used quality. Never said a word to him. Fixed all his windows. Generally​ treated the place like it was mine.

So we move out. Clean the place up. We threw away everything, and I mean everything !
Started with all new fresh stuff. This fucker, he says to me since I was the first one to report the roaches, they must have come from me. They threw out the washer and dryer and tried to charge me for taking it. Then I get a last trash bill with extra appliance removal charge. I take that to him and have a talk. He charged me for exterminator.
Long story short I didn't get my security deposit. I was pissed. Still am. I hope he dies slow and painful like.

My shop I rented for the grow. Great man. Never bother me. I stayed paid ahead 6mo cash the whole time. Left it freshly cleaned and painted for him, and told him keep the deposit. I was there 5yrs.

I'll never rent again though...

Green Squall

The last house I rented I thought the landlord was ok. Untill the last few months.
It was a semi detached, I got along with the neighbors pretty good. We smoked together on the occasion. Shared summertime BBQs and beers.
Well they hit on hard times, and had some family members move up from Philly. They was cool to.
However. Shortly after moving in, I see 4 mattress' lined up along the fence. At first I think they tossing them to buy new ones. Nope.
They stay outside for a week, then back inside they go. I'm thinking maybe they got bed bugs ? I dunno.
A few weeks later the cockroaches show up on our side. So I go n smoke a fatty with the neighbors and ask him what's up. Dude like yeah, when his fam moved in the brought them, and now they are infested.
I never had roaches so I don't know how bad they are. I'm like well, you guys make sure and poison them, and so will I. Hahahahahahahaha hahaha
Hahahahahaha
Those fuckers turned into millions right quick. So I tell the landlord. He's says " oh well I'll talk to them" Said I didn't want that. Get a fucking exterminator in here !
He never did. So we moved out.
Now when I signed the lease I handed that man 6 months rent in cash up front. Then always stayed 3 mo ahead. The neighbors stayed 6mo behind the 3 yrs I was there.
I never called the man. Something broke, I fixed it. Replaced his washer, dryer, stove, and fridge while I was there. All broke within 6mo of me being there. Not new gear, but good used quality. Never said a word to him. Fixed all his windows. Generally​ treated the place like it was mine.

So we move out. Clean the place up. We threw away everything, and I mean everything !
Started with all new fresh stuff. This fucker, he says to me since I was the first one to report the roaches, they must have come from me. They threw out the washer and dryer and tried to charge me for taking it. Then I get a last trash bill with extra appliance removal charge. I take that to him and have a talk. He charged me for exterminator.
Long story short I didn't get my security deposit. I was pissed. Still am. I hope he dies slow and painful like.

My shop I rented for the grow. Great man. Never bother me. I stayed paid ahead 6mo cash the whole time. Left it freshly cleaned and painted for him, and told him keep the deposit. I was there 5yrs.

I'll never rent again though...

That's a crazy story. Good call on moving out. I had a tenant with bed bugs and we paid for an exterminator ASAP! You don't want shit like that getting out of control. He didn't have a dirty apartment either, just one of those unfortunate things that happen in life.

We have 2 awesome tenants and one jackass. Advice: Don't rent to extended family. Major headache.

Gry

Make sure you read that "standard" lease very carefully.
My landlord is having new tenants sign a lease stating they can
not smoke or vape anything inside.
The provided smoking area is 30 feet away from the building, right beside the road - where the side walk would be if a decent person had owned the property.

Latest posts

Latest posts