What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sweet Afgani Delicious .:|:. Strain Report

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
________________Strain Report
____________________...:::|Sweet Afgani Delicious|:::...

IDENTIFICATION

Strain: Sweet Afgani Delicious S1
Seed Bank: Sweet Seeds
Judge: Tommy_G (Psychotropic)
Grower: Tommy
Report date: 08 May 2010

EVALUATION (0/20)

Ease of cultivation: 19
Yield: 18
Appearance: 18
Visible trychomes: 18
Aroma of the dried flowers: 19
Taste of the smoke/vapor: 19
Texture of the smoke/vapor: 16
Tolerance: 19
Effect: 19
Buzz duration: 17

Final result: 18,2 (182/200)

COMMENTS

Plant characteristics: Being a 90% Indica variety, Sweet Afgani Delicious S1 respects to its origins and, as well as the majority of the phenotypes of its ancestral Black Domina, presents itself as a plant with a short structure, robust and with a nice number of branches. As it is a S1, it is stable and homogeneous at least for the characteristics described by the seed bank. This is a short flowering variety and some plants only need 50 days into flowering, but the majority will thank the standard 60/65 days. It's definitely the fastest variety I ever grew. The plant is very beutiful, a treat to the eyes of the grower. Features a nice response to the LST but it also develops quite well if we avoid to interfere, as it doesn't stretch much even when in the hands of the inexperienced grower. Very nice pruning response. It doesn't need much food, neither water, which makes it an interesting option to use outdoors, specially in guerillas, as it can be left alone, unnatended, for a bit longer than with most of the other plants. The calyx to leaf ratio is another pro, which, besides the convenience we already know it supposes, is also of a great help when manicuring, as it becomes easier and faster to do.

Aroma and taste descriptions: Its aroma is, in a word, sweet. When yet alive, if we rub our fingers on its leaves it smells like a sweet poison, which brings to memory the intense sweetness of cough syrup. Its a medicinal aroma. The presence of a fruity aroma is incontestable but not always obvious. What is definitely obvious is a good smell of sweet wood, or as some like to say, it smells like incense with a touch of church (which is rather unusual in mostly Indica strains). Behind the sweetness and those strong aromas I can also identify a very subtle aroma that I venture to compare to carrot aroma. This isn't an easy aroma to notice and I only managed to relate it with carrots a few months after using this variety on a daily basis. The taste follows the same line, specially when we use a vaporizer to taste, as the taste of the vapor is like a replica of the aroma released when we break off the flowers setting the terpenes free. It features a soft note of red fruits after the first month of curing.

.:|Flavors and Odours of the Flowers and their Vapors|:.

__.__[1 - hardly noticeable | 10 - strong presence]

Bitter [ ] Bittersweet [ ] Musk [4] Ammonia [ ] Anise [6] Berry [ ] Blueberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Meat [ ] Church [5] Cedar [ ] Cherry [ ] Chewing Gum [ ]
Chocolate [ ] Citric [3] Coconut [ ] Fuel [1] Sweet [6] Spices [ ] Floral [2] Strawberry [2] Fruit [5] Candy [8] Hashish [4] Weed [ ]
Iron [ ] Incense [2] Soap [ ] Lemon [ ] Wood [6] Mango [ ] Peach [ ] Melon [ ] Mint [ ] Menthol [ ] Honey [ ] Moss [ ] Orange [2]
Nutmeg [ ] Oil [ ] Perfume [ ] Leather [ ] Pepper [ ] Pine [ ] Pineapple [ ] Rotten [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Cheese [ ] Chemical [ ] Liquorice [ ]
Skunk [ ] Earthy [ ] Grape [ ] Vanilla [ ]

Effect descriptions: The effect is what I find more appealing about this strain. It's a joyful feeling, relaxed and physical. It arrives in a few minutes and usually lasts for 60 to 90 minutes. For being easily controlable, it benefits the grade of relaxation ofered to the user. It is an effect suitable for sleep, rest or to go for a relaxed walk. On the other hand, its effect is less adequate to drive cars, perform high responsability tasks or observations that suppose several complex thought processes at a time. If properly used it may be considered therapeutic. One has to get used to it, but that's easy because it doesn't trigger even a bit of anxiety. In my opinion it is a 5 star effect, which I have been recommending for the past 2 years to everyone who follows my grow diaries and seeks for the genuine effects of a good Indica.

Sweet Afgani Delicious S1 ...:::|:::... Sweet Seeds
_________...___.___________________|18/20|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks John!

I didn't say anything because I was not sure if the seeds were already sent to SeedBoutique, sorry. Now I see they were sent and are already available, good to know ;)

Stay cool, keep it sweet! :smokeit:

|tommy_g|

I gave my 5 pack of SAD to a friend as I dont have room for another seed project but i will definitly make room for some clones when it comes time :party:

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is interesting to see your grow as our phenos look way way different. I did 5 fems a few years back and got all 5 very dense, almost no side branches, a strong vitamin sweet smell and Dark orange hairs I'll post a picture if I still have one, Nice report.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi rizraz! Welcome to this sub-forum! :tiphat:

Yep, I know what you mean. From my personal experience I guess you can get 2 different phenos. And even maybe a third pheno, not so easy to get, more like a mix of the other two, an intermediate. I had the opportunity to sprout some good 12-15 seeds and this opinion is based on that.

The 1st pic is from a less Indica pheno and the 2nd pic is from a totally Indica pheno, the "easiest to get" pheno. I guess your Sweet Afgani was like the plant from the 2nd picture, with the dark orange hairs, almost red...

picture.php
picture.php

The dark orrange hairs pheno in the jar and the last pic would be what I call of an intermediate, somewhere in the middle of the 2 other phenos. This one is less usual to "appear" but is also a very nice plant...

picture.php
picture.php

Would be interesting to see a pic from your plants, if you still have any ;)

Keep it high, sweet regards,

|tommy_g|

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Nice grow reports, I started to be really interested in Sweet Seeds' strains. Some questions though: Any grow reports of this strain outdoors ? And how's this strains high compared to the highs of indica kushes(Hindu Kush, Afghan Kush, Violator Kush) ? I'm asking this because I want an indica type of high/stone, but I don't want it to be exactly the same... Peace, HJ.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Husky Jackal! Nice to see you around :tiphat:

Sweet Afgani Delicious is a selection of Black Domina. So if you know the original Black Domina or if it is what you're looking for, then Sweet Afgani Delicious will be a very good option. Anyway it comes from the same place that the ones mention also come: from Afghanistan, the Hindu Kush moutains. I've not tried all these strains but I think they might have lots of characteristics in common. The type of effect and the aromas are very similar for sure.

About reports of this strain in outdoor grows I actually could share a link with you to a very nice outdoor grow that a Sweet Seeds client posted in another forum, but I don't know if it is allowed in ICMag to post links to other forums, so I think I will send it to you by PM if you first confirm that you don't mind me sending you that PM.

See you around my friend, anything else you need don't hesitate asking it to me ;)

Sweet smokes :elf:

tommy

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Thanks for the fast answer, Tommy. Yes, of course you can send a PM to me. I'll be growing some Afghan Kush and I've heard that the smoke could be too strong/hashy for some beginners so I'll try something sweeter but still with an indica high, and S.A.D. seems to be just right. Any tips for it outdoors ? Does it like to be LST-ed ? I'm from Eastern Europe, at ~47 N, summers are pretty hot, temps often go >30*C, last year we had good temps and little rain untill november.

Nice ghani holmes, always wanted to try the black domina! Lovin indica, peace

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Cravenmore! Welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum ;) Thanks for the visit :tiphat:

Husky Jackal: Just sent you a PM ;)

I think a hot summer will be no problem for Sweet Afgani Delicious. And they usually are ready in the last week of September or first week of October so with a bit of luck you can avoid the first autumn rains.

I did lots of LST with Sweet Afgani indoors and the plants always gave a very good response. Check it out: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=195990

It's a test grow also with Wild Rose and Cream Caramel but you can see that the plants appreciated the LST. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't also appreciated outdoors.

About your considerations about the effect, I think this could be a good option because it is not extremely strong like some indicas and the hashy aroma is not that strong also because of the sweet characteristic. Just like you can read in the strain report posted in this same thread ;)

We'll keep in touch, sweet regards,

tommy

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
A couple of weeks ago I ordered the last pack of S.A.D. and the 2nd to the last pack of Green Poison. When my order arrived the S.A.D. was not in my package but a note was stating that they couldn't send that pack and had credited my account. SB also threw in an extra freebie and that was really nice of them. So it looks like i'll be getting back in line to wait for some Black Domina like a few of ya'll also. I hope it gets stocked again soon, would really like to try it out someday. Got to find another strong indica to replace this strain if the restock takes awhile though so we'll see. Ya'll take care 1

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi mate, thanks for that feedback :tiphat:

I think that if all the users who posted in our subforum saying that they wanted to buy this strain from SB tell the fellas at SB that they would buy it if they had it in stock, they would re-stock it in a short time frame ;)

Sweet Seeds is not (yet) a famous seedbank in the USA and I think most of the ICMag users are from the states, that's why maybe they don't receive many orders and maybe that's also why this subforum has relatively few participation so far. But in Europe and specially in Spain, United Kingdom, Italy, France, Czech Republic, Portugal, Poland and Russia the Spanish seedbank Sweet Seeds is very well known and clients usually have a very good feedback from the seeds they try. It will be a matter of time until people start to hear about these strains also in other countries.

picture.php

Sweet Afgani Delicious S1

Keep passing by, sweet regards,

tommy

dutchy

jup sweet seeds is really one of the banks i trust...everything i have growed tested was straight clone quality dank...and the descriptions and pictures on the packs are everytime on point.
for example jack 47,green poisen ,wild rose,blackjack,ice cool,cream caramel are all resin terpene monsters my next grow will be filled with psicodelicia i hope i can find some coffee goodness in my little 3 pack but i now what i will get will be fire.....thanks sweet seeds i wish there where more true heads around like you.. keep it sweet and salut to the breeders

Tup_amaro

Lazy Member
Veteran
Hi Tommy,
hi folks,
I'm actually growing a SAD and I'm so happy..:biggrin: 50 cm of pure afghan pride.
Here some pics after 8 weeks of bloom:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Weed & Peace

:wave: Tup

Last edited: