What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I made a ton of seeds, now what do I do

JJoey

I decided to do a seed run this year so I always have seeds, 10 dollars a seed is too much.
I bought 20 Humbodlt Seed Company GSC F5
And 20 OG Kush from HSC as well
I also had one bag seed from Exotic Genetix’s “Tina”

All but one GSC seed germinated and they were pretty quick to do so, only 2 OG Kush seeds germinated, way later and neither amounted to anything worth breeding (terrible disappointment as I originally intended to cross the Two as well as hopefully make an inbred line from the cookies.

Instead I ended up once into flower keeping the best male cookies plant and 5 cookies females and the one Tina and then just let the pollen and the wind do it’s thing.

Now I have jars of seeds labeled GSCxGSC 1-5 and Tina X GSC

Slight smell variations between the cookies but ultimately pretty uniform in growth characteristics. Grown outside in Sonoma county. Seeds first put into trays April 1st, harvested about 10 days ago when the Glass fire started.

I am just wondering what my next step should be in breeding with the goal of having GSC to smoke throughout the ages and maybe to get some new phenotypes to breed with that might be complimentary. OG and Cookie varietals seem to give me the best highs for my brain.

Moonjuice5050

Run 100 of each and see how many variations you see, how many different traits(good and bad) you'll also see male to female ratios. Stress test them. Keep the best males and females, and then start the f2 project

WelderDan

Veteran
The next step is to grow out as many as possible, keeping an eye out for those special pehos that have the properties that you desire. Make sure to take a clone or two of the standouts. Trust me, there is more than one plant I wish I had cloned.

And spread the love. What goes around comes around.

OldSSSCGuy

I'd think you'd have to back breed it 2-3 generations to get a stable result. Each of the strains you mention are pretty much mongrels from maybe 10 different strains. So there is a chance of a LOT of pheno variations resulting, don't you think?

rolandomota

Veteran
10 a seed is too much 15 for a pack of 18 or a dollar a seed is good
15 a pack? Mr nice auction
1 dollar a seed or 2 a female seed true fire genetics
Kc brains has cheap seeds
My last order from the Mr nice auction Mango haze critical skunk and pink Floyd delivered for 85
each pack 18 seeds
Anyway about your question just grow your seeds and make more but only a small amount

Did you dry and freeze any pollen?
I think at this point what you want is to grow and enjoy the fruits of your labor always making a small amount of seeds on each plant using many males then pick your favorite and Keep growing and making small amounts of seed with each female

Latest posts

Latest posts