What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are these dying? DWC maxibloom only

ElGato

Veteran
I don't think they are dying just yet -I see new root growth peaking out of the netpots.

how is your water temp? - they may have some root rot going on, you can add some 3% H2O2 @ 10-15ml/gallon to kill any rot

JP12345

I don't have any H2O2, could I add some bleach?

Water temps last time I checked around 18C, but there has been a heatwave recently and temps did need to be checked on regularly and moderated with water bottles.

ElGato

Veteran
I have no experience using Bleach, H2O2 is very inexpensive and it's what I would recommend.

are you keeping your PH in check?

ElGato

Veteran
other than adding some H2O2 to your Res, I think they will be fine, the plants are busy growing roots to be able to uptake the nutrients they need. Once the root mass can do it's job they should bounce back.

what is your lighting? and how long have the plants been in that tub and under the lights?

JP12345

other than adding some H2O2 to your Res, I think they will be fine, the plants are busy growing roots to be able to uptake the nutrients they need. Once the root mass can do it's job they should bounce back.

what is your lighting? and how long have the plants been in that tub and under the lights?

Okay I’ll buy H2O2. 3% right?

I hear what you’re saying about the roots but they’ve been extremely slow in the past few days. In fact this whole issue literally happened overnight. I went to bed they were fine. I woke up (it was a cold night) and they’d flopped over. The res colder than it should have been and the air temp was cold. Those temps are unusual because my country had a brief heatwave over the last two weeks which resulted in my constantly having swap ice bottles in the res.

When they first sprouted, they started out with a bit of stress because I transplanted them the root riots either too early or too late. The taproots were showing on each and one of them air pruned itself. Someone on another forum said it would be best to transplant them to the res right then so I did. Because I didn’t (still don’t) understand how they grow lots of roots in the dome, I felt this was the right course of action.

Once in the res I think I overfed them using Maxibloom (trying the KISS method) with the EC at 1.0.

Once I’d figured this out the growth was great for about 10-14 days.

In the last couple of weeks they’ve had a lot of stress factors:

Air and res temp fluctuations (too hot and cold)
Bleach in the res
Constant exposure to light (when I open the res to check temps etc)
EC not high enough

TLDR

JP12345

I’m thinking of adding more water to the res to get those baby roots a little closer to the pot. Is that a good idea?

ElGato

Veteran
I’m thinking of adding more water to the res to get those baby roots a little closer to the pot. Is that a good idea?

yes, add some water till the bottom of the net pot is about 1-2cm submerged

keep us posted and good luck man

JP12345

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How long should I give them before popping some more beans

I've got some H2O2 on the way - a guy showed me his before and after pics after being in the same situation.
[/FONT]