What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch Passion Durban

THC123

Veteran
Hi guys,

I know the dutch passion durban is not pure durban but crossed to an indica.

Nevertheless I found a real keeper pheno 4 years ago. Real early (21 sept) nice dark green with that minty anise taste and a high that was stronger than the amnesia core cut, I acutally preferred it over my core cut.

Sadly I lost it.

I tried finding it again over the past 3 years.

2 years ago the plants I got were more like a white strain, late and susceptible to mold.

This year I have some early plants but most are turning purple????

What the fuck? Did anyone ever get a purple plant out of dutch passion durban?

I really want to find something similar to my keeper pheno.

Cannabiogens durban is not an option for outdoors for me as it is long flowering and late.

Any advice??

dugzy

Can't tell you anything you don;t already know and yes i think they pack whatever seeds they have to hand in whatever packets, year to year they are not the same.

Not south african but Green Mountain seeds do a nice early sativa; purple satellite, they are early and look consistent and potent.

THC123

Veteran
thx 4 your input, I got the purple sattelite from ace seeds.

But I really want to find that powerfull UP high minty anise phenos that is early and mold resistant. I really want that taste and high back coupled with the characteristics that allow me to grow it in the North of Europe where seasons are short.

dugzy

Not outdoor myself but mi best mate has been for a long time, and has not found any decent early south african seed stock for quite a few years, all those early durban types from sensi, high quality seeds, white label etc are gone i think, he gave up searching through packs of those in 2010 as they were nowhere near the classic durban you talk about.

Sorry to say that but good luck and i hope you do discover something without burning too much cash

THC123

Veteran
I got mine out of a pack from 2016 so it is still there. But the Dutch passion genetics are sometimes really unstable.

I am also suspecting they made an error and that this is another strain. I will know in a few weeks because durban has a real characteristic smell.

Koondense

Veteran
Maybe check Seedsman(early durban, power africa) and Nirvana's(urban poison) durbans, should be somehow similar to DP's. But I see they cross durban with Sk, Sk/Haze and NL, makes me think Seedsman's Power Africa will finish a bit later but be more up in effect compared to Early Durban which is crossed with Sk#1. Urban should be also quick but more balanced effect.
This is just speculation so don't take me too seriously :)

Cheers

capnCõno

I got mine out of a pack from 2016 so it is still there. But the Dutch passion genetics are sometimes really unstable.

I am also suspecting they made an error and that this is another strain. I will know in a few weeks because durban has a real characteristic smell.

Not sure where you are or what u have access to.... but there a few cuts of Durban here that are fast and fit your description .... there's a Colorado Durban cut that's done in 8 wks and a NorCal cut that's 9wks... few breeders recently dropped crosses with them and from what I'm told they are very dominant

Happy Times

Hi guys,

I know the dutch passion durban is not pure durban but crossed to an indica.

Nevertheless I found a real keeper pheno 4 years ago. Real early (21 sept) nice dark green with that minty anise taste and a high that was stronger than the amnesia core cut, I acutally preferred it over my core cut.

Sadly I lost it.

I tried finding it again over the past 3 years.

2 years ago the plants I got were more like a white strain, late and susceptible to mold.

This year I have some early plants but most are turning purple????

What the fuck? Did anyone ever get a purple plant out of dutch passion durban?

I really want to find something similar to my keeper pheno.

Cannabiogens durban is not an option for outdoors for me as it is long flowering and late.

Any advice??

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=178802

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=260130

'Boogieman'

I got a minty anise pheno last year, lime green buds, finished October 1st for me and yes she was potent. I grow DP every year from seed and in my experience the feminized version is more stable and better plants. Most phenos finish between October 10th and 15th with the lime green fermented anise smell. I found one better than the pheno you described which had a raw bitter lemon anise smell and finished October 10th.

Here is a feminized version from 2017

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-03-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-03-32.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 29

'Boogieman'

Here is my Durban poison I'm growing this year from fem seed. This one might finish between October 5 -10th I'm guessing. Just your typical fermented anise smell on this one so far. Also I never got a purple pheno and been growing it since 2017.

Attachments

• 20190919_182954.jpg
    20190919_182954.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190919_183100.jpg
    20190919_183100.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 20190919_183033.jpg
    20190919_183033.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190919_183130.jpg
    20190919_183130.jpg