What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Wattage Required to Keep Outdoor Plant in Veg in Winter

thedudefresco

I have 1-3 cuttings I will be taking from some outdoor plants which will soon begin flower.

I am still debating whether or not I will veg these cuttings indoors until next season and then plant outside.... (I have never grown indoors)

OR try to keep the plant vegging OUTDOORS thru spring (or whenever I choose to flower)

As far as option two....

I live in an area that does NOT experience much of a winter.

As far as I understand...

...if I root these cuttings and then plant them outside, I can theoretically keep them in Veg through autumn/winter months so long as I use lights at night to reduce the amount of darkness to around 6 or so hrs.

I figured as Greenhouse guys, this sub has the best people to consult.

Based on searching etc, the only question I still need to be answered is a recommended wattage of light to shine above or alongside the plant outside for a few hrs each night that will be sufficient to keep the plant from flowering.

Based on my limited research into these types of bulbs, I see there are many LED bulbs. For various reasons, I think LED would be best for what I need...it would also ideally be waterproof.

What about something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3LW3MH/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_VrFqDbM9K9A2Q ?

And if not, what would you guys recommend?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No reason why a couple screw ins wouldn't work inside a waterproof enclosure.

It doesn't take much to keep the plants from falling asleep.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
If you can read by it then it is enough, you only need them on 14 hours per day to keep them in growth.