What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DEA: Potent Form Of Marijuana Shows Up In Milwaukee

mars2112

always hopeful yet discontent
Veteran
potent form?? :confused: it's hydro! The potency level can reach up to 40 percent. That is compared to 8 percent for common types of the drug. huh?? what exactly are they measuring?

Potent Form Of Marijuana Shows Up In Milwaukee

POSTED: 6:17 pm CDT July 18, 2006
http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/9538460/detail.html

MILWAUKEE -- An extremely potent form of marijuana is showing up around Milwaukee County.

Sheriff David Clarke Tuesday announced the department confiscated more than 25 pounds of hydroponic marijuana.

A tip led deputies to a residential area on Milwaukee's northwest side on Sunday.

The sheriff said they found an even larger supply earlier this year on the city's south side.

The Drug Enforcement Agency said that users who can afford it prefer this type of marijuana.

The potency level can reach up to 40 percent. That is compared to 8 percent for common types of the drug.

"The thing that's a big concern for us is the potency of it. When kids experiment with marijuana, it's not the stuff we want them to be experimenting with," Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke said.

The sheriff's Department said hydroponic marijuana can cost up to $6,000 a pound.

No one is in custody at this time, but the sheriff said they know who they are looking for.

LEGI0N

It's like they live in the 40's...

"it's not the stuff we want them to be experimenting with.."

Really? How many OD deaths have there been from this 40% bud?

It's like taking away a book of matches and claming you put out 50 forest fires. Fuck'n people..

mars2112 said:
"The thing that's a big concern for us is the potency of it. When kids experiment with marijuana, it's not the stuff we want them to be experimenting with," Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke said.

They might only need one hit as opposed to 20!

Oh my God they might get really high and come up with an original idea like "the DEA is full of shit!"

G

*laffin*... These people are still using the same mis/disinformation they used back in 1937.

Is it possible that they are even more clueless now?

mars2112

always hopeful yet discontent
Veteran
Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke said:
"The thing that's a big concern for us is the potency of it. When kids experiment with marijuana, it's not the stuff we want them to be experimenting with,"

um.. ok sheriff.. so you're ok with kids experimenting with marijuana.. just not the hydro...

LEGI0N

^ I know that's so funny. It's like he's trying to come off as cool.. Like we all know kids are going to get into pot but THIS pot is even worst.. So, all that stuff you hear about pot not being not that bad for you or being helpful to sick people.. well this isn't THAT pot.. this is BAD pot..

BagseedSamurai

If the weed that the kids use to 'experiment' with isbad-tasting, dried to a shred of its potency, uncured and generally bad weed..they stand a better chance of saying no later on than a nice bong rip of some organic C99.

DAMN not another one of these ignorant articles.

The sad part is that most people don't know any better and beleive all this.

Just another reason to fuckin wonder why the world is so messed up and how I can do nothing to fix it.

G

They think everything is dro. My former hookup(not needed for years now) called me the other day saying that he grabbed 500lbs of BC Bud dro. I had to see and try it. Well just as I thought, the stuff was neon green and fluffy. So it must be dro lol. Hey it was alright but my AK or BOG would blow his mind. If only he knew. But he gets $300 to $400oz for the shit so what do I know. :joint: :wave:

rastamonunika

now, 40% . . is that even possible>? I thought that the majority of herb was anywhere from 8% - 20% . . . Anyone know for sure>? Id love to know. .

lots of love

unika

G

40 is not possible hahaha, 40% thc is pushing hash quality... look at the pic they posted of it, its just simple beaster haha

and damn 6k a pound!

minds_I

Veteran
Shit- I gots me some dro going that is 50%. I like to call it dowdro.

Buhahahahahahaha

minds_I

C

CannaBuilding

Seems like Dirt ass weed to me, you cant even see any resin, i bet ya its another case of over exageration. Yet again the pictures are poor quality. And its another attempt to scare parents and the community, the next thing they will be saying is, this stuff is so potent yooung kids can OD and die or become brain dead.

Why cant this world be peaceful were everyone is happy and people can walk into bars and buy a cannabis cocktail lol instead of a Vodka Cocktail, I garuntee if they made a nice cocktail from a strain of MJ that gives you a nice and happy uplifting high with out fatigue and paranoia CLUBS would be a better place to be in. Or maybe im wrong :/ lol

Legalizing it and taxing it is the only way to solve the problem, Hopefully the US government wakes up and makes things alot easier on you MJ Culti's and you smokers. From what i have read you people over in the US are on paranoia 24/7.

peace.

HarryNugz

It's the usual propaganda to mislead the ignorant. They didn't say what they had was 40% but rather "can be up to 40%". Also he said a form of marijuana which would more accurately describe hash potency!