What's new

Regular Unleaded

Ncogneato

$3.06 a gallon​
This is maddness!!! It cost me $37.00 to fill up a 12gal tank today. What the hell is going on?

I know some people use piss as nutes, but has anybody figured out how to use piss as fuel yet? Sure would help.

:yoinks: :frown: :spank: :cuss: :bashhead: :puppydoge :nono: :wallbash: :mad:

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Yep...................be very very fucking afraid, folks.

The time to leave the big city and to learn to live independant of the great big industrialised world is NOW, people.....once the shit hits the fan, those who did not prepare to live will die screaming in food riots in the cities.

If you love your kids, and want them to have a place to live 50 years from now, buy land higher than 400 ft above sea level, build a house that doesn't need oil, gas or electric heat, and learn to grow yer own fucking food.....NOW.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I use premium so it runs like 20 cents more. This is getting stupid with gas getting towards the $4 range. I put $10 in my sisters 4 cylander and it gave it a quarter tank. Back in the day it would almost filled it. They better start raising wages or were all fucked.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Closet Funk said:
They better start raising wages or were all fucked.

No.....everyone better start investing big-fucking-time in alternative energy sources AND we better start learning to live a much lower impact lifestyle...or the species is FUCKED.

blackfin

we'll never run out of oil, it will just cost to much to pump it.... this has been know since the OPEC embargo, and nothing has been done about it.... (hubbert's curve)

sure a little has been done, but after OPEC lifted embargo, we went back to our old ways, we need Apollo type funding if we're going to really do anything... we put a man on the moon but we can't figure out our energy crisis????

one of the sad things is that the plant we all on this site love, can be converted to fuel, through celluosic (sp) fermentation, which ceates ethonal.... brazil uses sugar cane and is now selfsifient, when they use to be 80% dependant on foriegn oil??

that's why Dupont played a role in it becoming illegal in 1937, all their money was tied up in petro, when the equivlent to the cotton gin, was invented for cannabis.... petro is use in the manufacture of nylon, cannabis could have been used just as well, (cannabis can also be used to make plastics)and racism was the vessel that propelled the country to go along with it

later,
bf

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
This is why my next vehicle is going to be diesel.

Gonna have the vehicle pay for itself using biodiesel. Local Chinese place is going to pay me $100 bucks a week to cart off the waste oil from the fryers (2 50 gallon fryers), which I'll convert to biodiesel.

How to make BioDiesel

Way of the future IMHO. Plus, it'll run a diesel generator too, for whatever reason you'd want that :wink:

Ncogneato

This may be a good time to invest in hydrogen production. It can run a car and its by product is H2O. Also, ethenol. Hasn't Chevrolet introduced a new hybrid that runs on ethenol?

one of the sad things is that the plant we all on this site love, can be converted to fuel, through celluosic (sp) fermentation, which ceates ethanol.

Yes, and it is a great source of oil for biodiesel. The plant is God's way of taking care of us and our needs but evil has declared an unwinable war on it. Biodiesel is the fuel of the future. It is easy to make and renewable. With biodiesel you can live off the grid. Now, I love that idea.

Summer gas sucks on two aspects: Not only are we paying an arm and a leg for it but with the removal of MTBE and replaced with ethanol, we will get less mileage too. Double wammy! We need more jobs that paid a livable wage. The war between the rich and poor is mounting more everyday. Guess who is losing?
Something has to change but I am ready,
NoS

70s_PotHead

Hit 3 bucks in Dallas this week, premium is $3.30. Its fucking insane, the oils companies have got us by the balls, I drive about a 1000 miles a week for work so its just killing me right now.
I'm sure most all of you have got one of these chain mail letters, this one does make sense if everyone did, but that will never happen but you can try. When I heard that Exxon/Mobil made like 435 billion profit or whatever it was I quit buying from them just for that reason, why the fuck should I help line there pockets even more.

I dont normally pass these thing on, but what the hell the people of this country need to do somthing......Dont have to pass this on if ya dont want, but the next time you get gas and there is a Mobil on one corner and another brand on the other, choose the other please....

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CMEMORY at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE
>>>>HUNDRED MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Last edited:
G

i UNDERSTAND THAT THE CHINESE ARE TO BLAME..because of their explosive economy:wink: they have increased their use 10fold over paste 14 yrs and are stockpiling oil reserves and distrabution to support themselves...thats why oil is going thru the roof. between usa,china,japan and europe...its just a matter of time till "the levee breaks" so to speak.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
The very simple fact of the matter is that the rampantly malignant and destructive way in which the "modern world" operates has to stop. Folks seem to think all we need is a new source of energy, so we can keep going.......BULLSHIT!!

Our entire economic and societal philosophy is based on ever increasing, unchecked and unlimited growth......something that is physically impossible in a finite resource system like a planet.

In nature, the only things that behaves in that way are malignant tumors.

Either we stop by or selves, or the planet will stop us by rendering itself uninhabitable for our species.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Biodiesel...I stumbled across this the other day,I'll post a snippet for your edification..

PORTLAND, Oregon -- A tiny chemical reactor that can convert vegetable oil directly into biodiesel could help farmers turn some of their crops into homegrown fuel to operate agricultural equipment instead of relying on costly imported oil.

"This is all about producing energy in such a way that it liberates people," said Goran Jovanovic, a chemical engineering professor at Oregon State University who developed the microreactor.

The device -- about the size of a credit card -- pumps vegetable oil and alcohol through tiny parallel channels, each smaller than a human hair, to convert the oil into biodiesel almost instantly.

Read more:

Credit card biodiesel

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Genkisan you hit the nail on the head! The city I live in has excellent public transport....I'm grateful, it allows me to get drunk and stoned whenever I want :p

Latest posts

Latest posts