What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green House Seeds Reviews?

Hey all,

Lost mother plants, now need to find inexpensive beans.

Looking for feminised, high yielding, 8 week strain, indica dominant, low to medium height.

Looking and Green House Seeds "Church", ******s "Herebei" as well as BC Seed King "BC Big Bud".

Cant afford to spend $20 a seed due to proposed project plant count so wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding inexpensive strains/breeders.

Heard about Hermie/Germination issues with Green house... I dont mean to burn anyone or any company but I need stable seeds, not a bunch of hermies.

Any suggestions?

H

Homer J Pimpin

I'd say don't listen to live2gro...no offence man......GreenHouse seeds has some amazing plants in their beans for a pretty good price....Arjan is a epic major asshole but that is besides the point......Try the exo cheese s1....you WILL find a plant in 1 pack that would be a keeper in most peoples garden.

mr.brunch

Veteran
greenhouse are good. had hundreds of their seeds only 1 not popped, no herm issues , good plants.
would reccomend to anyone

eastbeast

I've always had luck with greenhouse... 100% germination and 0 hermies. Even with their Doctor strain 7-8 years ago when it was discontinued for having problems. Which, by the way, is very cheap and a good producer.
You should try their lemon skunk though. Not a big yielder at all but it's great smoke and is always nice to have around for a headstash. Some phenos absolutely reek like lemons so much that i've been accused of spraying my bags with pledge ha. It's the only thing i still occasionally grow from greenhouse.

T

thesloppy

Ditto the above. The hype against GHS is just that, hype. Good, cheap female seeds. I have a few of GHS moms that are longtime keepers: SLH, GH Cheese, and Lemon Skunk. Enjoyed their SSH, Exo Cheese, and Trainwreck. Had poor luck with NL5 Haze Mist, and Hawaiian Snow (space/time constraints probably didn't help). Am currently giving Damn Sour and a single freebie Kalashnikova a go.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I'm neutral in al the gh drama I had great Results with hawiansnow snow my fav sativa ... But got straight junk out the widow ran 20 didn't find me keeper close to widow... I hear great things bout slh .... As far as an 8 week strain a real 8 wk strain idk I'd personally go elsewhere.. As far as stability goes fem beans may herm not sayin they all do u just got higher odds it will... If u must I'd go with sumthin that is recently well documented here from new stock with the results ya lookin for .. get reg seeds find a keeper ur lookin for .... Sounds like ya need some sour bubble in ya life.... I'm sure m any will agree...I'll just post it first... Bogs gear sion sale right now was worth every penny before the price drop...he has brunch of real 8 wks smokin on some sour strawberry ATM and it is great... I highly recommend grabbing a pk of some o his with ur FEMs so u can have sumthin pretty much guaranteed... And maybe a good stud if u choose to chuck some pollen..

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I don't think that the GH drama is any hype, Greenhouse is simply the biggest and probably most comercial seedbank nowadays. The ones who invest more money in pure marketing and vending techniques rather than in developing new interesting varieties or whatever. They represent the utmost capitalism of cannabusiness and many of us reject all that bullshit because for us the culture and who's behind the seedbank is even more important than if their strains can get u high or not. They could be the equivalent to the Dinafem seedbank in Spain... just cannabis merchants not breeders.

For sure they are cheap and they have good comercial strains, but nothing else tho (and I bet they aren't the most reliable source for many of those strains too for someone who really looks for something special or an outstanding mother). A company who's releasing so many new strains each year can't offer a high quality product as real breeding takes years and years of hardwork from the breeders. This guys just have a great company, lot's of money to invest in marketing and sales and contacts or also elite cuts to cross and feminise. The hype is what they take advantage of... first spanish cuts like Critical, then Diesels, Trains, Kushes, OGs, Sour D's or whatever it's trendy enough to offer a catchy product who will appeal to many growers. How much people loves and uses Starbucks and McDonald's??

When I started to grow GH was my favourite seedbank, so many strains, so many cool stuff, videos, shirts, so many "cannabis prizes", famous people and artists visiting their coffeshop, etc... after a few years learning about this culture and getting my own criteria, it's just not my cup of tea. There are hundreds of seedbanks offering equal or even better products at similar prices, and dozens of reasonable cheap seedbanks who offer really top notch products not just comercial weed. If someone has a clear idea about what he's looking for, for sure he won't get GH seeds because there are lot's of other sources to find what they are looking for. For sure their classic strains are cool or used to have great strains in the 90s (white widow, hawaian snow, GWS, Neville's...), even though I will get them from Mr Nice seeds before GH now... and as for the new ones, are just trendy names with lot's of hype behind and I'd rather get a good cut if I want to try the real thing.

Probably for growers from abroad, GH is such a big company to look at, shipping seeds everywhere and with such a nice marketing behind them and so many people growing them and with good experiences (obvioulsy because a company who's selling such a crazy amount of seeds each year, has to have also such a great number of loyal consumers), but when you can access to good quality strains, you don't give a shit about what's on trend or all the merchandising, strainhunters or kingcannabis bullshit... if the seeds would have been good by themselves, they wouldn't need so much marketing to keep themselves selling. But well, people love that shit... we live in a society that works like that, the big companies just rule our world and manipulate us to buy their products even if they are mediocre. And obvioulsy the companies, just want to sell more and more. Let's keep on making Arjan and crew rich... meanwhile, some others will keep themselves enjoying the culture and growing good plants.

:tiphat:

PS: I must say that I've tried a very nice Hawaian Snow some years ago... but all the other strains from them i've tried, Arjan's Haze, WW, SSH, Church, Lemon Skunk, JH, some others probably and even another Hawaian Snow modern packet 2 years ago (trying to find the great stuff from years ago), were just standard weed, potent for sure but they all tasted and smoked and got u high in the same way with very slight differences! But if you are fine with that, nothing to loose then! :)

Last edited:

growhi

I don't think that the GH drama is any hype, Greenhouse is simply the biggest and probably more comercial seedbank nowadays. The ones who invest more money in pure marketing and vending techniques rather than in developing new interesting varieties or whatever. They represent the utmost capitalism of cannabusiness and many of us reject all that bullshit because for us the culture and who's behind the seedbank is even more important than if their strains can get u high or not. They could be the equivalent to the Dinafem seedbank in spain... just cannabis merchants not breeders.

For sure they are cheap and they have good comercial strains, but nothing else tho (and I bet they aren't the most reliable source for many of those strains too for someone who really looks for something special or an outstanding mother). A company who's releasing so many new strains each year can't offer a high quality product as real breeding takes years and years of hardwork from the breeders. This guys just have a great company, lot's of money to invest in marketing and sales and contacts or also elite cuts to cross and feminise. The hype is what they take advantage of... first spanish cuts like Critical, then Diesels, Kushes, OGs, Sour D's or whatever it's trendy enough to offer a catchy product who will appeal to many growers. How many people loves and uses Starbucks and McDonald's??

When I started to grow GH was my favourite seedbank, so many strains, so many cool stuff, videos, shirts, so many "cannabis prizes", famous people and artists visiting their coffeshop, etc... after a few years learning about this culture and getting my own criteria, it's just not my cup of tea. There are hundreds of seedbanks offering equal or even better products at similar prices, and dozens of reasonable cheap seedbanks who offer really top notch products not just comercial weed. If someone has a clear idea about what he's looking for, for sure he won't get GH seeds because there are lot's of other sources to find what they are looking for.

Probably for growers from abroad, GH is such a big company to look at, shipping seeds everywhere and with such a nice marketing behind them and so many people growing them and with good experiences (obvioulsy because a company who's selling such a crazy amount of seeds each year, has to have also such a great number of loyal consumers), but when you can access to good quality strains, you don't give a shit about what's on trend or all the merchandising, strainhunters or kingcannabis bullshit... if the seeds would have been good by themselves, they wouldn't need so many marketing to keep themselves selling. But well, people love that shit... we live in a society that works like that, the big companies just rule our world and manipulate us to buy their products even if they are mediocre. And obvioulsy the companies, just want to sell more and more. Let's keep on making Arjan and crew rich... meanwhile, some others will keep themselves enjoying the culture and growing good plants.

:tiphat:

hmm im not sure if its right to hate on a seed bank just because of there success , you cant blame greenhouse for marketing there product well in new a innovative ways , i feel there is allot of weed snobbery when it comes to green house , for me bottom line speaks loudest , if its a good product at a good price i will buy it simple as that , i don't really care about there pot politics , and what you have to understand is greenhouse is not just aryan and franco in a house making seeds , its a large group of breeders , allot of which are extremely talented

green house offer a good product at a cheap price , and when you have some of the 'in vogue ' breeders charging 10 .. 15 even 20 dollars a seed ...................... you have to ask who the real money grabbers are

mr.brunch

Veteran
Ditto the above. The hype against GHS is just that, hype. Good, cheap female seeds. I have a few of GHS moms that are longtime keepers: SLH, GH Cheese, and Lemon Skunk. Enjoyed their SSH, Exo Cheese, and Trainwreck. Had poor luck with NL5 Haze Mist, and Hawaiian Snow (space/time constraints probably didn't help). Am currently giving Damn Sour and a single freebie Kalashnikova a go.
keep us updated on the damn sour, been looking at this one!

Can say some very, very good things of super lemon haze and trainwreck.

On a shitload of others though(white widow, white rhino, bubba kush, haw. snow, arjans haze 1, church, strawberry haze, and super silver haze).... i'll just bite my tongue and say that they were no where near up to my standards.

Last edited:

greygary

I was far from happy with their SSH, it never put on any real buds. Cheese was a mixed bag: one hermied, other was a real stinker but a low yielder. Wasn't happy with WWidow and WRhino, they were fine, but seemed too weak for me but fine for my roommate. Next up for me from them is TW(high hopes) and then GWShark(no real info here yet), fingers crossed that they pop after 3yrs.

I'm a bit of a Mandala and Paradise fan so I'd point you in the direction of Paradise Seeds. WhiteBerry and Ice Cream were fantastic. Easy trimming, strong enough for my issues, great flavor, and smell on both. Good color/bag appeal on the WB. IC just looks plain and frosty.

I hope to grow them again as I haven't grown in a bit and gifted my remaining seeds to a patient before I left cali.

Paradise's Wappa was also good smoke but I never grew it nor met a grower so I cant offer any details there, also looks like it runs 9wks, don't know how concrete your timeframe is.

moondawg

hmm im not sure if its right to hate on a seed bank just because of there success , you cant blame greenhouse for marketing there product well in new a innovative ways , i feel there is allot of weed snobbery when it comes to green house , for me bottom line speaks loudest , if its a good product at a good price i will buy it simple as that , i don't really care about there pot politics , and what you have to understand is greenhouse is not just aryan and franco in a house making seeds , its a large group of breeders , allot of which are extremely talented

green house offer a good product at a cheap price , and when you have some of the 'in vogue ' breeders charging 10 .. 15 even 20 dollars a seed ...................... you have to ask who the real money grabbers are

Its known in the psychological studies world as "reactive formation" Growhi.

Reactive formation generally ensues from jealousy. Greenhouse IS the top dog and Arjan gave many in the industry their start, including Blakely.

Arjan has led the cutting edge on every issue, marketing, world distribution, femmization, colored seeds, decent prices. He has litterally dragged every other breeder and retail company around by the nose for the p ast 10 years. According to CNBC and their research, he introduced indoor growing to our profession. Its sour grapes and jealousy. If they had his skills and talents, they would be the biggest. No company could survive and thrive after so many years selling crap and its really just that simple.

Back to the question. SShaze, Trainwreck, and several others are of very good quality and very potent. Probably the best deals on the market.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Arjan has led the cutting edge on every issue, marketing, world distribution, femmization, colored seeds, decent prices. He has litterally dragged every other breeder and retail company around by the nose for the p ast 10 years.

could you explain a bit more on these

what cutting edge marketing and distribution have they done?

Coloured seeds? what useful purpose to growers does this have?

How have they dragged every other breeder around?

What skills and talents in regards to seedmaking are we talking about now,considering the majority's others work?

also whos Blakely, and who else did they start?

op my 2c = have look for a thread called best and worst strains, youll realize why they have a rep for a reason.

M

MrSterling

Arjan has led the cutting edge on every issue, marketing, world distribution, femmization, colored seeds, decent prices. He has litterally dragged every other breeder and retail company around by the nose for the p ast 10 years. According to CNBC and their research, he introduced indoor growing to our profession. Its sour grapes and jealousy. If they had his skills and talents, they would be the biggest. No company could survive and thrive after so many years selling crap and its really just that simple.

The reason many are annoyed with GHS is the fact they've spent a lot of money and advertising convincing people of the things you posted above. According to CNBC? The channel shows out of date documentaries on pot and talks about stuff like skunk being "super pot".

GHS has some good stuff. I've very much enjoyed what I have smoked. But to claim that Arjan invented indoor growing or that he's this influential is silly. No one has been dragged around for ten years by GH. He's a rich man trying to rewrite history with marketing.

You're concluding that GHS is top dog because they bring the best product, but they're top dog because they were the first to the big money table. They staked out turf before most others even considered turf an issue. Arjan does deserves credit for being a calculating and talented businessman; he was smart enough to commercialize before anyone else did. I just don't want that to be the direction we take cannabis in. We've commercialized enough.

And I'm NOT saying GHS is selling crap, but it's very possible in this age to survive for years as a company and sell a crap product. People shine shit and call it gold, and it sells.

M

MrSterling

Ganj the best advice I can offer is let the seeds speak for themselves. A large portion of people here will defend Arjan no matter what, and a large portion will attack him no matter what because they support his rival Shanti over at Mr. Nice. A good sized portion of our community is involved in the personal squabble between those two and they've made a financial killing off it.

I heard that Arjan doesn't smoke weed? How could this possibly be true. All that bud around and no interest to ever take a toke? I grew the TW once and it was worth the price of admission but little more. I figured since it was only one pack there could still possibly be a keeper hiding in there somewhere.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Everybody has great reports on the trainwreck ..my intrest is sparked ..plus it's pretty inexpensive ..I'm gonna give it a try ...do u think its something to found still ??

Don't mean to hijack the ops thread

Blue Socks

Arjan smokes on those Strain Hunter's DVDs they put out. Or at least he appears to be smoking, one can never be sure what it is in there after all.

I have grown GHS SLH and I would grow it again for sure. I can't speak on any other strains of theirs though