What's new

Bubba Kush - A Personal (Addictive) Favorite

First, click on that picture to get a little more detail. Just an absolutely gorgeous slice of heavenly marijuana. And i'm not afraid to proclaim it one of my favorite smokes of all time. Its that good. And I didn't used to be a Kush freak either, prefering mostly heady/trippy sativas and hybrids. The saddest part is that all this fantastic smoke is gone...which has to do with its addictability level. We'll get to that later.

This is just jaw-droppingly beautiful pot. Its hard to believe that organic growing methods could produce something this immaculately gorgeous: the contrast of deep, emerald green and firey scarlet hairs is eye-catching. The crystal content is ridiculously high too, sparkling like diamonds in the jar. Even the most picky cannabis maven would pick this up just on appearance alone. 9.5/10.

BK has a relatively fluffy consistency, unfortunately, so that big nug you have will disappear much quicker than you might think.

The smell of this herb not only amazingly pungent and mouth-watering, but also unique too. Suggestions of tropical fruits come to mind when grinding this sinsemillia, but also lemons, funky red wine, menthol, and blackberry. Mezmerizing. 9.3/10.

BK was basically the only herb out of the bunch whose smoke flavor held a candle to the actual, pre-burnt aromas. Tasty all the way to the end of the pipe, and wickedly expansive and menthol-ish. Today's review was completed via solar hits and I have to suggest this as THE way to smoke it...other wise you'll light the bowl once and it will just keep running, and what should have gotten 3 people high is instantly cashed. The only herb i've really encountered too that tastes unique and true-to-type when used in the vaporizer. I hate how really exotic pot gets a generic (but still amazingly good) flavor in the vaporizer. Not the Bubba. It's like biting into a dank apple its so fruity, flavorful, and mouth-watering! 9.6/10.

You think i've rambled on alot about the look, flavor, and smoke of this herb? Just wait. If I had alot of this pot, I could write an entire book about the highs and sensations it provides. One of the great things about Bubba Kush is that its impossible to categorize in the normally easy generic sativa/indica leaning traits. Bubba is both and either at the same time, jumping back and forth.

Upon the first toke you are presented with an amazing, instant soaring rush of euphoria much like nicotine. If you take down the whole bowl to your head, you'll sit there amazed as you cash out the pipe how fuckin' ripped you've become. The high then proceeds to dance between head and body - you can almost feel it move around. The only other time i've experienced something like this was with a particularly great G13xHaze pheno. It dances between heavy, head-busting strange thoughts on all sorts of topics to overwhelmingly stony zone-out moments. Reminds me of when I first smoked pot: it felt like I disappeared into my own head for a few seconds and then reemerged into the real world.

In moderation Bubba Kush enhances physical activities such as physical labor all the way to dancing and making love. If there's music playing and you haven't gotten too ripped on this stuff, you'll be jiving around. Unfortunately, Bubba does lower your manual dexterity. I'm a little more clumsy and less agile on this pot. The greatest thing about Bubba Kush is its naturally anti-depressant properties. I feel instantly happy when I smoke this shit. I would even go as far as to say that this pot makes me happier about the way I feel as a person as well as the world around me and my relation to it. Many strains make me feel 'down' about myself and the world so this was a WELCOME change.

This pot also sort of encapsulates what it feels like to have extreme ADD...you'll be doing 5,000 things at one time, running around and doing a little bit on each project or task. But unlike most ADD, you actually do get things done which is great. You are also confronted with an interesting absentmindedness that will have you staring at walls, thinking "wasn't I doing something or supposed to do something?". Friends will know you're high just from your rambling on or searching around the house for something. I feel this trait in conversation, too, but it somehow works out - you eventually do find your train of thought even it takes you a few subjects to catch up. Seems to really be one of those strains that you can customize the effects by how much you smoke. 8.7/10.

The only thing that I have to knock Bubba Kush is something that commercial growers would never see as a flaw: addictability. For the most part, whenever i'm smoking something really good I like to get nice and high and just coast on that buzz until it wears out. I might smoke later, but its not an obsession.

This pot can easily become an obsession. At first I was smoking a tiny hitter, amazed at how fucking baked I was. By the time I smoked a quarter of it (in less than two weeks mind you which is rapidly for me) I was a certified fiend. I would be thinking about smoking another bowl before even finishing the first one. I would think about getting high again if I had to leave my residence, even if I had just smoked. I also just consumed so goddamned much of it when I was already high it was wasteful, and got me majorly couch-locked. This also made the tolerance shoot through the roof, particularly by the second week I was smoking it 8-10 times a day. I've never had anything quite like this before. It should also be mentioned that this was FINELY grown well-cured organic herb, easy on the throat and lungs and just clean and pure tasting. This might have encouraged the toke-fest that became my life moreso than if the bud were, say, hydro. This is my only knock on bubba, but I can't really hate on the strain for my personal lack of restraint. Just make sure to only smoke a bowl of this and enjoy the high before you smoke again right away. Moderation is key!

From a creative standpoint, Bubba is very useful. You will find yourself brainstorming all sorts of good ideas and will have relative success implementing those ideas. I find Bubba makes me hear structure and themes in music better, but degrades my ability to actually physically play the guitar. Perfect pot for concerts, movies, et al. It will also give you the wicked munchies.

Overall rating: 8.9/10...just amazing. Subtract 3 points if you've got an addictive personality!

Here's what remained of SCHROM, SoCal Bubbleberry, Bubba Kush, NYCDxHaze, Trainwreck, and SSHaze after smoking like a half in one day with a couple of appreciate friends...

Last edited:
G

Nice nugs, jaw dropping description.

Thats the shit that medical clubs sell for 80/eighth.

Good goddamn! $80 an eighth? If I could get more right this second I might think about paying that ;)

I would smoke myself out of house and home, literally. Its that addictive...though i've heard that you get really tolerant to it pretty quick.

Thanks for the nice words.

G

Ya i dont really like those tasty weeds where you get a tolerence after one bowl, but i would just throw one of those bubbaz in the mix every other day or so to save that.

G

Really fine report GWB. Very detailed and informitive. Also right on time for me. I just recieved a OG cut and look foward to see what it produces. I hope and pray that it comes close to the effects that you have described. Oh and I have no self control so I'll be in trouble when this is finished. Thanks for the warning.

Nuggy

POd said:
Nice nugs, jaw dropping description.

Thats the shit that medical clubs sell for 80/eighth.

Which club? The highest I've seen bubba for was 75/8th, it's usually $60/8th.

OG Kush is the one that is consistantly $75 and above.

G

I love the Bubba myself but find it to have a more coffee/Kush like taste with slight berry undertones...the buzz is to die for though

7185IMGP2446-med.JPG

7185IMGP2447-med.JPG

7185IMGP2448-med.JPG

przcvctm

I don't know why I torture myself by asking this question, but here goes. Those aren't 3c's beans by chance, are they? I know CL's is not. And if it is not, I believe I speak for all bean buyers that don't have access to cuts, when I say that beautiful reports on sublime strains should be in a special "Smoke/Hash Reports of Cuts ". That way, the not-so-well-connected can choose to avoid reading them and feeling deprived. Let the suffering of have-nots come to an end.

Last edited:
G

amazing review. I just cloned my bubba mom tonite for the first time.
I cant wait to harvest now.

icecold

Excellent feedback on the Bubba. Ive ran the mint s1 pheno and the "purple". Both were jawdropping smoke. The mint was a low yielder , that had so many trichs it almost looked fake. Carried an impressive earthy/mint taste. The purple bubba is a better yielder, Intense trichrome coverage as well, very dense nugs, same KO indica property. Taste was a combination of spicy/earthy. There is also a pre98 cut of it going around , havent had the pleasure of trying that one yet.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
that was a very well put together report GWBush...I dont know how I missed it until now, but I am glad I found it. Good job :)

roflnade

ive been looking for some beans of this strain but cant find anything except wallyduck's Pineapple C99 x Bubba Kush...

is anyone getting similar results with that cross? i would die for some beans of this bad boy

G

That is just ridiculous looking ................................. i am amazed.