What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gracious Breeders

G

I wanted take a minute and say thanks to the gracious and generous breeders out there that honor me with there confidence, respect, and genetics to grow. JLP, Head, BOG, LS, Wally, Annac, etc.. you know who you are, you are all tops.

One in particular though, Lonestar, of the TRC has been one of the most giving, gracious, genorous, and humble people I have had the pleasure of becoming friends with here and about on the different "canna" boards. He has gone out of his way to make feel welcome and confident enough in myself to possibly make a few crosses of my own using his hard work as a baseline. As with any cross, I make sure to ask the breeder or person who gifted me the seeds for permission to use in a cross for in house grows and gifts to be givin out to friends and members. You might think that breeders might not be to enclined to let you use and potientially profit from their gear and in most cases you would be right but not in the case of Lonestar. He is a wonderfull grower that seems only to be flattered by the prospect that more might enjoy and benifit from his work.

Here is his responce to me after asking for some blessings on some upcomming projects here at the ranch. I can't write as eliquent as LS.

From LS,
no probs here dude, as always you are certainly close,heheh,,and none of us start out with commercial aspirations my man, it is the good work we do that puts us there, do your best my man, itsa free world aint it?,sorta I know, But, I have no ownership over whatsin your garden my man, and I am not so small minded that I would even worry that your seed projects would even hurt my bidness, scince My bidness, aint my own anyways, I only do enough to make a couple bills bra, thatsit!, andf There are never enough Quality beans on the market,.I dunno what anyone would say as far as seeds go, You have a well earned reputation my friend, why dont you see if you can profit a tad, praps a new light?, vaporizer?, swaps ROCK!, basicly I donot see what you do as hurting me in any fashion, in fact I take it as a true compliment my man! so have at it, create yer ass off, Please, Only one thing, "Test" them bitches ,I say that as a warning, because even tho a plant should do good,its not always the case is all, a suggestion only, But if you do want to put on auction or anything, its a good thing to know in your own mind, Them beans, work!,heheh,Take care my good man, LS

Love this guy, a true gentleman

So keep your eyes open for some interesting crosses and grows from the Kid

Tex

Last edited:
G

All my best to you and any projects you bring to life /

Keep em frosty and they will come

G

Hello,

Great news!

I must say that I am very excited to see what little secrets you let out of your grow room.

You've got one grower in line already.

Take care

Peace

G

Thats great Tex!
I can't wait to see what crosses you come up with!
Lonestar's genetics seem like they are really special, the man puts alot of love into what he does.
I've only met him a few weeks ago, and have already been let loose to test some beans for him!
He seems like a genuine nice guy, which is a rare thing now days.
Anyway good luck, an' I'll be watching.

G

guest123

i just love lonestars typing style , always give me a giggle , i can kinda hear the accent along with it ... yes a gentleman indeed ....

G

Can't wait to see what comes out of your room also. I'm sure it will be some very nice stuff for sure.
Take care,
BG

G

First, let me say You're welcome, but it is I who should thank you for taking time to run my seeds among your stellar lineup. Second, Lonestar looks to have some killer lines, and has quite a following, I have never heard any but good about his beans, and I'll be watching what comes out of your garden with the same eager anticipation as everyone else...

JLP

Veteran
Right on Tex.

Yeah,Lonestar is a trippy guy,but I've grown his seeds with fine results for free,he gave away seeds long before he started selling them.

JLP

nycnoob

NICE TK.... no doubt.. he does sounds really nice from the talks...yeah you can definitely tell how he types lol.. (=..

I also can't wait to see what cha got for us TK which better include the top notch strains (=..lol.. take care and best wishes

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Best of luck to ya TK. Ya have some killer beans/strains to work with. Will be watching the work.

Rellikbuzz

Man, it makes me proud to be a Texan! No two finer gentlemen than Lonestar and, of course our very own, Texas Kid whom I'd like to think of as my friend!

I'm just about to piss my pants thinking that TK is going to be doin' a little mixin' n shakin' of his own!! :woohoo: And you can bet your ass he won't fuck around with any half-assed strains either! Any future offerings from TK Seeds (hey, has a nice ring to it!) will undoubtedly be top notch in any garden. Sonofabitch this is good news!! :yes: :headbange :Bolt: :listen2:

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
Tex, you're SO right about the generous, big hearted nature of the breeders. A few of the folks you've mentioned have shown mad generousity to this cook as well. I hope they know I truly appreciate it. I haven't had the pleasure of rappin with Lonestar, but he sure seems like a cool cat. Sounds like he does some good work, too.
I wish you the best in crankin out some crosses of your own. Having seen many of your threads, I'm sure they'll be high quality.
Stay safe, and keep em green TK.
cc

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
first Lonestar, now TK makin beans?!?!?

first Lonestar, now TK makin beans?!?!?

that tells me one thing....

If I was at all inclined to play around with that image, I woulda put a big ol smouldering bong in Sam's hand.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
funny pic crooked...that would make a good label for the seed packs lol. Good luck tex...

Do you have any crosses in mind already?

G

Very cool story, TK. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. For me, the breeder's vibes/attitude/soul are really important. I'm not a huge hippie-type or anything, but I just can't grow out beans from a breeder that isn't doing it with passion, love, respect and humility.

A cannabis breeder who is arrogant and disrespectful is like a politician who is compassionate and selfless. Just don't seem right! heh

Latest posts

Latest posts