What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LA Confidential

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLP

Veteran
Hey guys,

Here's a test grow I just finished.Gypsy gave me these seeds from his own stock for testing,they were not provided by the breeder.
As per my usual I germed 5 seeds and got 2 nice females.One I topped and one I grew single stalk.They both finished around 60 days and had a short,squat Indica growth profile.They vegged with no problem and produced little smell in the grow.They seem to be a medium yeilding plant.
The smoke is a nice potent Indica and has a soapy,minty sort of flavor.I've never actually grown OG Kush so I cant comment on whether or not it represents the clone.I have grown,Hindu Kush,Materkush and Pine Tar Kush though and it is similar.

JLP

full time daddy
Veteran
wonderful looking bud as allways jlp........

this looks no where close to the one i was give from a friend...
i never took any pic's of the one i did and the guy i got it from is in the middle of moving so i cant get a clone of it at this time but soon..........
the one i got was a high yeild super coated with tricombs & no reddish hairs..... hmmm
with a super up high for a inda dom plant.... now i really wanna find out where he got hiz

omega7

Nice job with those cons JLP. How was it in comparison to the other strains you mentioned minus the OG?

G

all i can say is jlp that bud is gorgeous. i was smoking on some of the la con in Adam at the htcc from the grey area along with the canalope haze and i must say the buds we got were very kushy but i wouldnt say like og but very similar taste similar to bubba though.. looks just like bubba.. great grow thanks for the description. and KYHG i was a good hitiing indica i enjoyed it and my brother who is a kush fanatic loved it...

G

beautiful dried nug shot
how is the stone? is it a mild indica or devastating like sensi star??

JLP

Veteran
Thanks guys.

Yeah,I grew AK-47 right next to it and the AK beats it for flavor but the potency is on par.
I've grown a buch of cup winners and it runs hot and cold.I sometimes think if you just took all the strains on Seedbay and put them on a roulette wheel and gave it a good spin you'd have just as good a chance of growing a great strain as you would growing cup winners.C99 hasn't won and it's one of my favorites.
I did grow MK Ultra which is supposed to be an OG hybrid but the plants I got looked and smoked like SK#1.All stretch monsters and one took about 80 days to flower.

The LA Con is a good strain and might be even better if crossed to Amnesia Haze or something to increase the size and yeild.

JLP

Looks like the OG to me. Structure and color. The hairs give it away. Looks like a winner to me. Didja dust up any with pollen, eh eh? Good job my man. I've been meaning to try this one out for a while.

~GB~

G

JLP said:
I sometimes think if you just took all the strains on Seedbay and put them on a roulette wheel and gave it a good spin you'd have just as good a chance of growing a great strain as you would growing cup winners.

wise words.

G

I don't care what anyone says or how much weed someone has smoked, there is no way a person can sit down for two days with 20 varieties of weed and accurately judge them all. The math just doesn't work out. There I said it.

G

I was never any good at Math, canine....so I'm gonna give it a try.

I agree that it will be a challenge...but I think it can be done. Remember, not every sample that is sent in will be devastatingly potent. If they are, I may be in trouble...but I've not found anything in many yeas that was *too strong* for my system to handle...and reports from past years lead me to believe that there will be some so-so stuff in the mix that we sure won't smoke ALL of!

I still contend that it can be done..as well as that it will be a Hell of a good time doing it...

happy growin to ya...

durga

kilacaLIbud

canine said:
I don't care what anyone says or how much weed someone has smoked, there is no way a person can sit down for two days with 20 varieties of weed and accurately judge them all. The math just doesn't work out. There I said it.

uhh i can... :joint: if there all great...im not saying i wouldnt cough up a lung the next day.. or die from smoke inhalation...

Last edited:

KYHomeGrown

i have had these for a while but i avent started them. after seeing all that crap with the cannalope haze it really made me wonder of i got something else or what, thanks for the grow and report jlp. i might start these sometime but not now, i have some g13 x afghani and medicine man x stargazer that captain krpyt gifted to me!! im also started those pine f2's

G

I'm not saying someone couldn't *smoke* it all... I just don't think you can accurately judge one sample until you've come down off of the stone from the previous sample.

Average 3-hour high x 20 strains = 60 hours. If you smoked from 8 AM til 10 PM every day, it would take you 4 days. And by the second half of the samples, your tolerance would be through the roof.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

full time daddy
Veteran
canine said:
I'm not saying someone couldn't *smoke* it all... I just don't think you can accurately judge one sample until you've come down off of the stone from the previous sample.

Average 3-hour high x 20 strains = 60 hours. If you smoked from 8 AM til 10 PM every day, it would take you 4 days. And by the second half of the samples, your tolerance would be through the roof.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

out of 20 strains i can set there take 1 lil puff off of each...
then pull 5-10 out right off the top....

jpl c99 + cup = 1st place :)

what type of potency....?
do u get that retarded type of high like a kush?

Last edited:

UV Dreams

Did someone say "CON"?

Did someone say "CON"?

omega7 said:
Nice job with those cons JLP. How was it in comparison to the other strains you mentioned minus the OG?

The name fits quite well. If anyone has the Hightimes seed guide that came out, look at the pages from the DNA section. They show a picture that has the wrong description in thier pages. A certain pic says AK-47 but it probably is thier C(99)annaloupe Haze. If you look at the picture it looks like a C99!!

Status
Not open for further replies.