What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Sweet" City Lights 44 day finish

DankBank

SWEET City Lights.... it produces rock solid flowers... sticky sticky sticky. Finishes in 44 days... yes.. really... 44 days. Tested 3 times at this point.
FEM'D F2's between SCL and CL#1 are in the works - & yes I know that technically you can't make F2's from 2 females - but I'm more concerned with a fast producing sticky sticky dank than I am with what's "typical" :)
STS pollen came from the CL#1 (almost zero stretch & extremely tight nodes - but low vigor - grows THICK & BUSH.... in other words it grows out - not up). Extremely high yielder.
CL#1 was the perfect cross for the 44 day "Sweet" pheno which shows high yield (almost as high as #1), high trichome, and strong hybrid vigor with slightly higher stretch/nodal spacing.

MTC!
db

Last edited:

3legdog

Bring um on DB :canabis: & glad to see more of your exceptional work.

A 44 day finish is something i've never experienced :yoinks: . Nice work & im in for the show :lurk:

DankBank

Glad you've pulled up a chair, 3leg.

Just to clarify, the previous 4 pics are of CL#1, one of two CL phenos. CL#1 finishes in 60-65 days like the average indica. It was chosen as the STS pollen donor because of it's exceptional yield and lack of stretch/nodal spacing.

The 44 day finisher (the other CL pheno) is referred to as "sweet" City Lights, and it's pictured at the beginning of the thread (sorry no full plant shots.. they'll come soon enough). The "sweet" pheno was chosen as the mother because of it's 44 day finish (obviously), it's exceptional vigor, and a WONDERFULLY sweet smell/flavor. It's not "crystally".... it's "sappy"... sticky as all hell. Almost like old school. Truely worthy of the adjective "dank".

Since these two phenos are sisters, I could think of no better fem'd cross to make than combining them in what is basically going to be an F2. CL itself is supposed to be an F1, but every pheno seems to vary more than F1's usually do. I've never seen one that wasn't top notch keeper status.... but back to the point - since there's so much variation in the "F1s", it would almost seem that moving towards an F2 might actually create offspring that are more stable. In other words, since the original CL's vary so much (the way F2's usually do), I am expecting more uniformity from these upcoming F2's than you would typically see (normally F2's, made from a true hybrid, should vary in extreme ways). For now it's really just a big guess. We shall see!

I know one thing - if you melt down 24k gold, and then mix it with more molten 24k gold, the end product is going to be 24k gold. I think that says it all.
db

Last edited:

guineapig

Veteran
very very nice dankbank.....nice job choosing exceptional phenos!
i see some wonderful breeding in your future with my guinea pig intuition....

-kind regards from guineapig :wave:

DankBank

And more/new pics are on the way... especially interesting will be these fem'd girls.

I can't offer testing beans in the threads... that's not allowed. And right now I don't have any for testing, so it wouldn't matter anyway.
If you'd like to know more about DankBank seeds PM me so we can talk and get to know each other.
db

Last edited:

sparobis

Veteran
hi db,
the 44 day flowering is just amazing....can you imagine 5-10 years from now mj flowering times brought down to 1 month? think thats possible?watch and see...and wait for the 30 day flowering time ...you harvest and cure in 44 days!and after curing is done you smoke the weed and have out of body experiences..like we do now...lol
good luck w/the scl...ill be watching and waiting patiently for end result..im sure they'll be spectacular!!!!
peace
sparo btw....what are the genetics for scl?

vodka

-Nice work Dankbank. Those pics look great!

-I've been wondering when a substantial decrease in mj flowering time would be brought to us. I haven't had any genes like this to work with myself but am extremely interested in the potential here. We probably all are, lol. :wave:

DankBank

Orange- The "sweet" (44 day) pheno smokes great. Very sweet, floral indica. Buds are "sappy" sticky. High is very nice as well. Very relaxing with no ceiling, but too much will being on the couchlock. CL#1 pheno is more like an "average" indi.. tastes nice but there's nothing really special about it. It was used because of it's structure & yield.

Sparobis - The 44 day pheno was totally an accident. I never intended to come up with a fast flowering strain... it just appeared in the "sweet" pheno. Now that I've isolated it, this pheno has become the subject of further work. Hopefully it will eventually result in something that breeds true for this trait. It won't be easy. But I'm not much interested in failure, either :)
You asked about the genetics - CL was made with a NYCD male that was extremely thick, short, and bushy. The mother was a rather old (20+ years) clone gifted to me by an "old timer"... it came from the SSSC but the old man can't remember what it was called. He always refers to it as "NL" but that's not what it is. I've seen plenty of NL's - an NL it is NOT. The main goals in CLF1's were simply to restore vigor and improve cloning ability (the old clone doesn't root easily and veges slowly). As it turned out, accomplishing those goals was only to be the beginning! I had no idea a pheno would show up that could finish so quickly.

Vodka- thanks for the compliments.

db

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts