What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wetting agent - Surfactant - Yucca extract replacement

Hi,
for a foliar spray, i need to use yucca extract as a surfactant. But in my country the yucca extract seems to be forbidden. Many stores can't ship to my country, i don't know why.
But it must not be the only surfactant or wetting agent that would be bio or harmless for the plants.
What else could i use? I was thinking about black soap, but i don't know...
Thanks for advice

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Aloe can be used as a wetting agent, reetha nut powder makes an excellent wetting agent and shampoo. You can even use a couple drops of Castille soap such as Dr. Bronner's.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Castile soap, Sodium lauryl sulfate, Dawn dish soap, lecithins or even potassium silicate can be used as a wetting, emulsifying, sticker/spreader agent.

troutman

Seed Whore
If your soil is too dry it helps to use a spray bottle to mist the surface and wait a little while.

Once the surface is moist the water goes down a lot easier. :tiphat:

BillFarthing

Veteran
If your soil is too dry it helps to use a spray bottle to mist the surface and wait a little while.

Once the surface is moist the water goes down a lot easier. :tiphat:

If you are using a peat-based mix that compacts, a saucer with standing feed water helps rehydrate.

It doesn't solve the problem of root constriction, but re-applying fresh soil or soilless mix to a compacted root ball helps hold moisture as well.