What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Burned manure

Veggia farmer

Has anyone tried burned manure for fertilizer? I thought about burned chicken manure for stages that need a high P and some K.

Veggia farmer

Im setting up a watering system. thought it would be fun to try to something with high P values. Not necessarily the "fastes" way got get nutes, its just play to begin with.

wood ash has much K but not so much P and I find a lot of organic stuff has plenty of N but less P for nutes. I want something nice after the strech.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Organic sources of bio-available P are few and far between. The carbon footprint also tends to be very high with them. Most cannabis growers overuse it and it requires extensive flushing to rid the root zone of excess phosphorus in the final product.

Composted cow and horse manure are roughly the perfect NPK for cannabis at 2-1-3 ratio.

Veggia farmer

Have tons of compost with pig, cow and maybe some horse too. Together with straw or sawdust. Got different ones. But I have one strain that I need to starv for N, but just that:/ so then I started thought about burning the N away from chicken manure. Burn compost? LOL