What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bio bizz

GoatCheese

Veteran
you go full strength every watering
No. Cannabis doesn't need nearly as much nutrients as BioBizz (and others) suggest in their feeding schedules. I give my medium feeding plants (C99, Cheese,Critical Kush, Black Domina etc.) under 50% of what BioBizz recommends, even less for landraces and Haze hybrids, and my plants grow just fine in regular potting soil.

Veggia farmer

Same here. Had a shitty crop due too their feeding schedule. "Lucky" enough that was only "seed making" for outdoors. So, experimenting with your line is important. Always low ppm after that and feedings more often.

G

I have only ever used Biobizz just because it's what I learned to grow with. I think following their feeding chart will definitely burn most plants, and I usually have very good results using 50% of what they recommend. Buds taste great every time too.

I really like their All Mix soil, and usually use 2/3 of it and 1/3 of Light Mix for most strains. Pure All Mix is usually a bit much for the strains I grow.

One common mistake I have seen people make is stop using Bio Grow in flower. You are supposed to use it til the end.

Veggia farmer

My bad for not explaining good enough. I really like bio bizz, but before I got a TDS measurement and followed their chart I really burned some plants. No smoke, just seeds on some of them. Yes, they were sensitive plants, but the dosage was on low side of their chart. Just measure and its very good in my opinion.

First time I started using their bottles is almost 15 years ago. I use it on and off, when needed.

Never used their soils. Just bottles.

djibra

No. Cannabis doesn't need nearly as much nutrients as BioBizz (and others) suggest in their feeding schedules. I give my medium feeding plants (C99, Cheese,Critical Kush, Black Domina etc.) under 50% of what BioBizz recommends, even less for landraces and Haze hybrids, and my plants grow just fine in regular potting soil.

maybe i wasnt clear in the first post...

didnt mean you should go 4ml/l from the start but just follow their schedule and its all good.
Never did i burned a plant of had some other problems....

cannabis is a greedy plant and wants to eat a lot, except landrace sativas (but thats a completley different story)

GoatCheese

Veteran
maybe i wasnt clear in the first post...

didnt mean you should go 4ml/l from the start but just follow their schedule and its all good.
Never did i burned a plant of had some other problems....

cannabis is a greedy plant and wants to eat a lot, except landrace sativas (but thats a completley different story)
I just finished a G13Haze grow and the maximum i gave to my plants, grown in cheap supermarket potting soil for house plants, was under 3,5ml BioBizz/L water. That is Grow + Bloom combined.

It was about 1,5ml/L of Grow and 1,8ml/L of BioBizz Bloom during the last weeks of feeding. = under 50% of what BioBizz recommends.
For the last week and a half of feeding I dropped the amount of Grow to 0,5ml/L and gave them 1ml/L of Plagron’s PK 13/14 instead with the 1,8ml/L of Bloom, to give them very little Nitrogen in the end, so that they will start yellowing faster before harvest (=smoother smokes). Then I gave them nothing but Top Max and plain water for the last 5 weeks of 12/12. So for a 12 week grow, I gave them nutrients for the first 7 weeks of bloom and then the last 5 weeks the plants use up the nutrients in the soil and I gave them just TopMax and water but no more Grow/Bloom nutrients.

For plants in veg/keepers I give them 2ml/L of Bio Bizz Grow.

Here’s a link to the BioBizz schedule. For light soil mix/coco, during the last three weeks of feeding they recommend you feed your plants 4ml/l of Grow and 4ml/l of Bloom + additives
..and this is way too much for cannabis
https://www.biobizz.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Nutrient-Schedule-EN-2020.pdf

If you want to over feed your plants by using the feeding schedule from BioBizz, then go ahead, I’m glad I don’t have to inhale that smoke. But I recommend people try feeding them 50% of what BioBizz suggests at first and see how that goes. I have used these nutrients for over 10 years. 8ml/L of Grow and Bloom combined just is too much.

Peace.

djibra

ok..thats your choice, doesnt mean its the right way, or the only way.... i also go by the principle less is more sometimes..
.but you cant say that something is too much just based on your own preference....

T

TakenByTheSky

Is the bioheaven an essential elements to get the most out of biobizz?

G

Is the bioheaven an essential elements to get the most out of biobizz?

I have done runs with and without bioheaven and haven't noticed any major difference. The 3 main products should get you 90% there.

The supplement that I have seen makes a great difference is Root Juice. I use It on every watering during veg and during the stretch.

G

ok..thats your choice, doesnt mean its the right way, or the only way.... i also go by the principle less is more sometimes..
.but you cant say that something is too much just based on your own preference....

He is not saying anything based on preference but experience. I have grown so many plants with biobizz nutes and agree 100% with what he said. If you go full strength you will waste product, stunt your plants and get worse tasting flower.

I am on week 4 of flower right now, growing maple leaf indica from sensi. Last watering was 1 ml/L biogrow, 3 ml biobloom and 1 ml topmax. All the plants had the tips of their leaves a little burned by next day. Too much bio bloom. Next feeding will be 2 ml/L.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea over feeding and burning your plants are two different things; you can still be feeding your plants too heavily even thou you only see a little leaf tip burn or leaf curling.

For me, I haven’t seen much of a drop in yields since I started feeding my plants abit less, if any, but the smoking product is much better.

Here’s a photo of one of my G13Hazes and as you can see even with the lower feed I mentioned earlier they still got some tip burn at some point.
The fan leaves shouldn’t look as “pale” as they do in the photo, it’s not because of the low nutrient levels, it’s because they dried out few times during bloom and my COBs were running abit too hot for that. I’m still getting used to COBs, they are different animals compared to HPS or fluoros and you really need the COB light dialed in in a small tent, and abit of calmag/Epsom salts to keep the leaves in better shape.

picture.php

Veggia farmer

The burned plants that burned was leb27, so yeah, sensitive. 1-2ml/l for a couple of times if I remember correctly.

Now, I most of the time stay between 500-700 TDS. Very rarerly above that,. Usally in a hot big container aswell.

H e d g e

Yea over feeding and burning your plants are two different things; you can still be feeding your plants too heavily even thou you only see a little leaf tip burn or leaf curling.

For me, I haven’t seen much of a drop in yields since I started feeding my plants abit less, if any, but the smoking product is much better.

Here’s a photo of one of my G13Hazes and as you can see even with the lower feed I mentioned earlier they still got some tip burn at some point.
The fan leaves shouldn’t look as “pale” as they do in the photo, it’s not because of the low nutrient levels, it’s because they dried out few times during bloom and my COBs were running abit too hot for that. I’m still getting used to COBs, they are different animals compared to HPS or fluoros and you really need the COB light dialed in in a small tent, and abit of calmag/Epsom salts to keep the leaves in better shape.

View Image

Hi goatcheese! I totally agree about underfed plants tasting better and am attempting to learn and possibly help here so please take this the right way, but if I saw burnt tips like that on my plant I would up the K a little, and add a bit of P for the purple petioles.
I’ve found there is an optimal ratio of calmag to PK so I would also add a little extra of this too. But I am still using the evil salts and only at the very beginnings of an exciting learning adventure into organics, so please take this with a pinch of whatever you like to add.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hi goatcheese! I totally agree about underfed plants tasting better and am attempting to learn and possibly help here so please take this the right way, but if I saw burnt tips like that on my plant I would up the K a little, and add a bit of P for the purple petioles.
I’ve found there is an optimal ratio of calmag to PK so I would also add a little extra of this too. But I am still using the evil salts and only at the very beginnings of an exciting learning adventure into organics, so please take this with a pinch of whatever you like to add.
Hi, mate
I wouldn’t call how i grow ”underfeeding” because i still want my plants to yield as much as possible. To me a lot of people growing indoors are over feeding their plants (dark, shiny, green with thick leaf-material), not like I’m underfeeding. ..atleast I’m not trying to under feed my plants, just to give them enough.

Yea, up the K… With BioBizz nutes most of the K is in the Grow component so if you up the K you will also up the N, which does not work well for smooth smokes and esp. with long flowering sativas. And this is why I have started experimenting with PK 13-14 with my BioBizz nutes, so I can up the K and give less N.
cheers.

djibra

i expressed my self wrongly, in didnt mean to go full 4ml/l from day one.. i meant just follow the chart and that’s all

GoatCheese

Veteran
i expressed my self wrongly, in didnt mean to go full 4ml/l from day one.. i meant just follow the chart and that’s all
In any case, for all cannabis strains i've grown you could cut the feeding atleast 50% of what BioBizz suggest you give, to light feeders like haze hybrids and landraces even less.
Peace.

djibra

In any case, for all cannabis strains i've grown you could cut the feeding atleast 50% of what BioBizz suggest you give, to light feeders like haze hybrids and landraces even less.
Peace.

i get y’all.. biobizzwwo just posted on its oinstagram post on 13.november(post with hand gloves and nutes) that they suggest using their light mix soil and following all mix feeding schedule

Latest posts

Latest posts