What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How high do THC levels go?

Treevly

I've seen a lot of references top THC hitting 30%. Is that a dependable number is some strains? What numbers can reliably be obtained? How high THC numbers can be reliably achieved? Is their any commercial benefit to this, other than selling dope to smokers?
Thanks for any wisdom'

clearheaded

stadards are a problem but ya it seems 33% cannibinoids kinda max and can get different ratios hitting that. as for commercial, #s sell buds in shops. getting most THC per watt/sqfoot is of commercial interest. is it done with lower yeilding, longer flowering 30% thc strains perhaps not.

HillBillyAlien

Higher thc % = less you have to smoke.

Might aswell smoke extracts if you want high thc!

Plus thc only is meh. Terps play a huge role in the effects. 15% thc strain with good terp ratio can stone ya badly before a 30% could. But it all depends.

I think the most reported finds are 30-40%

But breeding for high thc is ruining cannabis gene pool for other stuff the plant can offer.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
^^ what he said ^^ besides high concentration of THC causes unwanted anxiety in many. Ya need the terps to smooth things out :biggrin:

Wendull C.

Veteran
Take a 22% OG, cut every leaf and hair from it, dry the fuck out of it. Then separate the calyxes from the stems and other leaves you couldn't get while the nug was whole and send in your "sample" voila 30% thc.

That said the are legit 30 % strains like GMO cookies, and a few others.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Then you can have a Sour D done right , and test at 18% that will have you on the couch with the tv watching you.
So go figure.

KiefSweat

Veteran
Plants are pushing 35% thca nowadays. You may not notice the biggest difference between that and something that genetically only produces half of that u less your growing for resin and making extracts.

Are you guys familiar with how the THC is measured ? is it 30% THC by plant weight ? and is there some standard to determine plant weight ? are stems removed ? or is it that 30% of the cannabinoids present are THC ? all these numbers get thrown around but without knowing what they are measuring and how they are measuring it all the numbers mean nothing . I Am a rosin guy and press the lions share of my crops into rosin, I tend to think the plants that produce the most rosin are also the most potent with the highest volume of THC/canabanoids per gram of plant materiaal

Gry

Use cannabis and extracts for palliative mgmt with cancer.

Find the thread more than interesting.

Had been using sublingual extract of very rapid frozen quick wash.

Recently been able to replace frozen quick wash with rosin.
The rosin feels more effective more rapidly with similar duration

than rapid quick wash. Any insight resulting in improvement
is a blessing.

Was a book out recently, which addressed the man who implemented
MK Ultra. Was not at all surprised by the lack of mention as to how

the info gleaned was used. Entire countries were denied
access to opiates.

KiefSweat

Veteran
Are you guys familiar with how the THC is measured ? is it 30% THC by plant weight ? and is there some standard to determine plant weight ? are stems removed ? or is it that 30% of the cannabinoids present are THC ? all these numbers get thrown around but without knowing what they are measuring and how they are measuring it all the numbers mean nothing . I Am a rosin guy and press the lions share of my crops into rosin, I tend to think the plants that produce the most rosin are also the most potent with the highest volume of THC/canabanoids per gram of plant materiaal

making extracts provides a better overall picture then just a random sample going off to the lab. With anything statistical like that a single test result doesn’t hold much weight. What’s considered a batch isn’t the same everywhere but ideally you should be selecting more then one sample and they should be more randomized then just taking the best flower.

But if your talking big leaf and stems removed and then extract flower fresh frozen your still seeing plants that will yield 6-7% fresh frozen weight. Those numbers usually correlate with those extra high lab results.
Solvent numbers are better then rosin or water hash since that’s somewhat dependent on the trichome shape and size

It makes the most sense of your making edibles. The. Like you said your yielding x amount of thc or whatever your growing per sq/ft etc. you can turn that into how ever many units and effectively manange your production