What's new

Has anyone ever used Jack's 10-30-20 for first two weeks of bloom?

Biologist

I know Jack's recommends using the Blossom Booster just for those first two weeks in their Jack's 321 regimen but I can't really find anyone that has ever used it this way and reported back. Does it really increase bud sites or could you even notice a difference compared to just running Jacks 321 during that time?

When I first started out I ran all of flowering with 10-30-20 which worked ok, but the plants didn't get enough nitrogen (leaves didn't make it healthy to harvest) and I'm sure were about to explode from the P building to toxic levels in my soil haha. Running Jacks 321 now and it has been a whole new world. Just wondering if I would get an increase from using the blossom booster during stretch. From what I understand, high P increases stretch so I don't really understand what the blossom booster does or why you would want high P during that phase. But my interactions with Jacks guidelines and the employees has always been positive and their advice is usually spot on.

Last edited:

eric2028

Veteran
Hi. I love jacks. I’ve ran lots of different recipes. I have used that booster for the first 2 weeks of flower in promix. It did fine. It wasn’t a game changer though.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Oasis (Jack's) HydroFeed, Jack's TAP or 5-12-26 hydroponic/cal-nit and Mr. Fulvic (fulvic/amino acids) start to finish. I'm not a big fan of bloom boosters based on tissue samples.

Using Jack's 10-30-20 is just them trying to run a bloom booster like the hydro store dolled up water recipes.The only thing I've done at flip is a calcium foliar for heavy feeders or a cytokinin-dominant kelp to get them to stack as a foliar at flip.

Lyfespan

and the first dose of bloom/epsom went in, mixed up great no sediment, went through emitters fine, we will see how the coco does with this tap formula, or if going to need calnit too

went with 1oz of bloom 10-30-20 per 5 gallons
and .035oz of epsom per gallon

Biologist

The thing I don't like about the Bloom Booster and the Finish is that neither has calcium in it and while the people at Jack's assure me that is fine since you don't use them that long, I have my doubts. Every time I have used the Bloom Booster or the Finish I switch back to a 2 part mix because it seems like the plants aren't as happy.

As Eric2028's thread shows, you can get amazing results with running the same thing all the way through. I feel like a lot of that Jack's chart may be based on a member of upper management wanting to sell more fertilizer. If you follow that chart you are dosing plants up to 5 out of 8 or 9 weeks with fertilizer without calcium in it, which seems nuts. If you have tap with plenty of calcium it would be fine but that chart is designed to be used with RO or low alkalinity water.

Lyfespan

The thing I don't like about the Bloom Booster and the Finish is that neither has calcium in it and while the people at Jack's assure me that is fine since you don't use them that long, I have my doubts. Every time I have used the Bloom Booster or the Finish I switch back to a 2 part mix because it seems like the plants aren't as happy.

As Eric2028's thread shows, you can get amazing results with running the same thing all the way through. I feel like a lot of that Jack's chart may be based on a member of upper management wanting to sell more fertilizer. If you follow that chart you are dosing plants up to 5 out of 8 or 9 weeks with fertilizer without calcium in it, which seems nuts. If you have tap with plenty of calcium it would be fine but that chart is designed to be used with RO or low alkalinity water.

more reaon im adding the Boost(calnit) to my regimine of RO, Bloom and Finish

cyat

Veteran
10-30-20 works great ! You will get good stretch using it first two weeks of bloom.vigorous green growth all through flower !

It works great in veg too.

The finish didn’t do to good for me. You can have mine. Not a fan of the 20-10-20 or 15-5-15 cal mag special. Phasing our all but bloom and going with hydroponic special and Yara cal nit

BillFarthing

Veteran
I'm fond of Jack's classic hydro in coco with a calcium foliar at flip. I may revisit it after running the numbers with 10-30-20 versus MKP after looking at the calcium. I like the lower potassium in the ratio because coco holds a K charge and may prevent lock out if using potassium silicate. I'm probably going to re-run this using 10:1 NH4+ to control pH.

100 gallons using MKP- 1.3 EC

--------------------

AGT-50/Mr. Fulvic Fulvic Mineral Complex 100
Jacks Hydroponic 5-12-26 177.857
Calcium Nitrate (Tetrahydrate) Ca(NO3)2.4H2O 335
Potassium Monobasic Phosphate KH2PO4 64
Magnesium Sulfate (Heptahydrate) MgSO4.7H2O 39.35

N (NO3-) 128.451
K 150.009
P 63.082
Mg 39.931
Ca 150.18
S 55.574
Fe 2.261
Zn 0.072
B 0.238
Cu 0.072
Mo 0.091
Na 1.004
Si 0.003
Cl 0.053
Mn 0.24

The iron and micro listed values are ~10% higher absorption through chelation using AGT-50/Mr. Fulvic

Last edited:

BillFarthing

Veteran
Can you rely on fulvic acid chelation to hit calcium numbers while using MAP or AMS to control pH? Yes, it works excellent.

100 gallons at 1.3 EC

---------------------------

AGT-50/Mr. Fulvic Fulvic Minerals 100
Jacks Hydroponic 5-12-26 177.857
Calcium Nitrate (Tetrahydrate) Ca(NO3)2.4H2O 304.931
Ammonium Sulfate (NH4)2SO4 21.424
Potassium Monobasic Phosphate KH2PO4 55.586
Magnesium Sulfate (Heptahydrate) MgSO4.7H2O 39.35

N (NO3-) 119.03
K 143.622
P 58.024
Mg 39.931