What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eye Hortilux CMH 315

Well this is about the best looking 315w CMH ballast /hood ive seen. But what i cant seem to find is any solid reports about how the eyehort 315 actually performs .

Im imagining people might use this in a 3x3 personal med tent

So what does everyone think?

Attachments

• CMH315W-productPG-image-940x530.jpg
    CMH315W-productPG-image-940x530.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 24
Spectrum Analysis / Marketing Voodoo

Spectrum Analysis / Marketing Voodoo

Here is the spectrum from Eye Hortilux

Attachments

• CMH315-spectralChart-moreUV-comp.jpg
    CMH315-spectralChart-moreUV-comp.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 25
Here is the deal. I have a 2x2x6ft cabinet that im going to build out as a flowering cab. Im still reading an debating on best lighting. It will be in the master closet (along with the clothes) so a carbon filter is a must. What im really debating is lighting. I am very intreagued by the successes others have had with screw in LEDs but these CMHs have caught my eye as well. Im also open to any other suggestions.

What are your recomendations for lighting in a 2x2ft cabinet? What are pros and cons of various choices?

Any opinions welcome as this will be my first grow.

This will be a legal med grow to supply myself and my wife

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A 315 seems just about perfect for an area that size, though I've no experience with such lighting. I've only ever used MH, HPS or T5 lighting.

Some folks are doing some great things with COB LEDs and that's where My interest lies as far as research goes. I've been following that tech for years though, never jumped ship in that direction due to the expensive up front costs.

If you're any kind of technical, you may consider building yourself a COB LED light. Some folk are having awesome successes with home built systems.

P-NUT

Veteran
Do yourself a favor and check out ledgardener.com look at the 2x2 builds. If the inside of tent is only 2x2 might have a hard time hanging it but if you got a few extra inches you can fit it. They have forums there too and you can ask the dumbest questions and people will answer without making you feel stupid.

Samuel Caldwell

My old cab was 2x2x6. I ran 400 watt hps with very good results. You'll need good ventilation to control the heat from the bulb. The ballast will also need to be outside the tent.

I'm using the screw-in LEDs in my 2x4 veg tent. They do a nice job but I prefer the power of the larger bulbs. I went with 315 watt cmh in my new garden room. I've got 2 currently but will add a third ASAP.

You'll still need good ventilation if you go with LEDs. They definitely put out some heat that you'll need to control in the small environment.

Best of luck!