What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

floralicious plus

DHarvester

ItsGrowTime said:
Ive been using a sample bottle of Plus and so far I like it. Plants are smellier than without.

Thats' what I like about Floralicious Plus. It really helps to develop the "bouquet" (sorry, I know it's cheesy, but I couldn't think of a better way to put it.)

Only thing is, you gotta be sure to flush it out really well 'cause its flavor will definitely show up in your final product. Funny thing though, I can tell the flavor of it because I use the product (tastes like it smells in the bottle :no:) but, friends have tried the same batch and said it tastes like juicy fruit gum?!? Weird...

Later batches (with better flushing) have come out smelling and tasting much better than before using Floralicious Plus.

BTW: a quart here costs $60... Ouch! But, I've used it on 3 grows so far, and I've hardly even dented the bottle. I think it's basically gonna last forever! LOL D.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
clowntown said:
What's the shelf life on a bottle?

Not sure but I'd imagine about the same as most organic supplements. A year or so, if stored properly? I would not buy a big bottle of Plus if I decide to keep it. Ive only used up 3/4 of a tiny sample bottle over two crops, with ~50gal total water volume.

J

jaw

i use a cheap 2 part nute with hygrozyme and a grotek supplement, vitamax b1 plant formula that is used in veg and flower, do you think the floralicious plus is similar to this product.

great thread btw i think if its the same as my supplement i will switch over and if its not i will add it to my babies

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
clowntown said:
Very interesting.... :chin:

I'd love to hear about it.

As promised to Clowntown. Here's a few Floralicious Plus plants :joint:
No, the Plus didn't make them so big but I know it helped and MY GOD does it bring out the aroma! Strangely, not so much while the plant is growing but once the bud is dry LOOK OUT! Im def. going to keep using it. Try it!

15592bud3613.jpg

ETA: Taste is not an issue with a flush.

Last edited:

DHarvester

ItsGrowTime said:
MY GOD does it bring out the aroma! Strangely, not so much while the plant is growing but once the bud is dry LOOK OUT!

That is absolutely true. For whatever reason it does seem to suppress the smell of the plant while it's growing but, it also seems to enhance the smell of the finished product (more sweet/fruity). Once I poured it into my water for the first time, I knew I had the good stuff! It turns your water dark brown like strong tea...beautiful.

clowntown

Veteran
ItsGrowTime said:
Not sure but I'd imagine about the same as most organic supplements. A year or so, if stored properly? I would not buy a big bottle of Plus if I decide to keep it. Ive only used up 3/4 of a tiny sample bottle over two crops, with ~50gal total water volume.
How much do you use, and when? How do you apply it? Or do you follow the bottle? :chin:

Gonna have to give this stuff a try...

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Stick with 1ml/gal for a res mix. I used it all crop and topped off as the mood struck me. Im sure keeping it added back though week 6 to 8 before flush helped. The catch is you can't really tell the difference until you have dry product and can smell the difference. But Ill tell ya, peeps that know my product have commented on the improved smell immediately. "GODDAMN" has been heard several times lately.

ETA: Funny that odor control during dry could be more important than during flower?

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
You've completely sold me on Floralicious Plus. I'm going to have to try a small bottle for sure. Thanks. :yes:

does this product replace the normal floralicious grow and bloom? I'm assuming it's not an addon product to be used in conjuntion with the regular grow and bloom floralicious, right?

Exactly how does this compare to liquid karma?

Liquid Karma costs $20 per quart, while 16 oz of floralicious plus costs $30

Is the floralicious better? Or is it just more concentrated? Or is Liquid Karma offering much more bang for the buck? (really my main concern)

Last edited:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
1love1earth said:
does this product replace the normal floralicious grow and bloom? I'm assuming it's not an addon product to be used in conjuntion with the regular grow and bloom floralicious, right?

Yes, its basically a concentrated replacement for the Grow and Bloom and is to be used throughout entire grow. That's why it's so concentrated and expensive. It replaces two other less concentrated products.

ItsGrowTime said:
Yes, its basically a concentrated replacement for the Grow and Bloom and is to be used throughout entire grow. That's why it's so concentrated and expensive. It replaces two other less concentrated products.

so should I go for this guy, or for the liquid karma? both products seem extremely similar, with the exception of price. Liquid karma weighs in at $20 a quart, while flora plus comes in at $30 for only 16 oz.

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
I thought the Floraliciou sPlus was a different product / purpose than the Floralicious Grow/Bloom... just GH's confusing names, kinda like Kool Bloom Liquid & Powder...

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
clowntown said:
I thought the Floraliciou sPlus was a different product / purpose than the Floralicious Grow/Bloom... just GH's confusing names, kinda like Kool Bloom Liquid & Powder...

The Plus is specifically marketed to be used throughout the entire grow. Judgng by the descriptions of Grow/Bloom and Plus on GH's website, it's the same thing. Kinda redundant to use Grow and Plus, then switch to Bloom and Plus when Plus has everything that both Grow and Bloom have. I compared the labels at my local shop. There's probably a thing or two different but essentially the same products, just more concentrated and complete, hence the prices.

It is not the same as Liquid Karma. I use Liquid Karma too and never had this level of aroma from just Liquid Karma. Im sure they share some components though but that applies to pretty much all of these types of supplements on the market. I cut my LK application back to half strength when using Plus.

clowntown

Veteran
Hmm, interesting. :chin:

Slightly off-topic, but what's the difference between the Grow and Bloom? I couldn't quite tell besides the slightly different NPK values... seemed like all the same ingredients.

Ever heard of / experimented with Advanced Nutrients' Sweet Leaf? Sounds like the Floralicious Plus does that, plus more, in a more concentrated form...

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
From what I could tell, theres little difference between Grow and Bloom. But Ive never tried Grow since I don't veg more than a week, so Im no expert on it. No experience with AN either. Either way, I can't imagine the results of separate bottles of Grow/Bloom or the AN equivalent being any more effective than Plus. I can smell the stuff in bags in the other room. If AN can make the plant cook dinner then Ill try it lol.

D

dongle69

1love1earth said:
d
Exactly how does this compare to liquid karma?

Liquid Karma costs $20 per quart, while 16 oz of floralicious plus costs $30

Is the floralicious better? Or is it just more concentrated? Or is Liquid Karma offering much more bang for the buck? (really my main concern)

When mixed, Liquid Karma is about 3x as expensive as Floralicious Plus.
10 ml/gal Karma vs 1 ml/gal Floralicious.
Floralicious Plus is like Karma with bacillus subtilis added.
For me, Liquid Karma + Companion (or Hydroguard) = Floralicious Plus.

clowntown

Veteran
I'm sold on FP already.

But does it do anything else noticeably besides improve smell/taste?

What exactly does Liquid Karma do? I've used it in previous runs without having any clue what difference it makes as far as results goes...

PharmaCan

Veteran
ItsGrowTime said:

This is not a correct statement. FL+ is an additive, not a nutrient. It cannot be used in place of nutrients.

As far as cost goes, one bottle of FL+ makes 473 gallons. One bottle of LK makes 96 gallons. So it would take roughly $98 of LK to equal $30 of FL+.

PC

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
I smoked two different clones from the same mom of LUI (a Sweettooth pheno), one grown with and one without F/P, and there is a big difference.

The LUI with F/P was fruity berry, tasted like fruit and the smoke was sugary sweet on inhale/exhale. There is fructose in it, hence the sugary flavour.

The LUI without F/P was dull, kinda weak fruity smell, no sugar taste and weak taste in general.

I use it at 1ml/gal on all clones and flowering plants. It is definitely an additive with humics, soil bacteria and kelp based enzymes and hormones.

I got a load of Mountain Jam just drying that had the F/P since the beginning, so we'll see if the same effects are present as the LUI. Obviously the smell/taste has to be there genetically for F/P to enhance it...

Oh yeah, I find that F/P kinda smells like raw/cooked hot dog wieners...kinda nice/nasty at the same time....oh well, it's for the plants not for me :)