What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

...and we bid you goodnight.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
...I've seen the light, and must go.

Here at IC...I see hatred, I see greed, I see lust,I see envy. And you know what...I see every one of these things in myself.

When God gave us mirrors, he had no idea... Not the mirrors you look at when you want to see what your hair looks like today... but the mirrors that we find in each other that allow us to look introspectively to see what we really look like on the inside...

When I look at others around me, I see in them the things I dislike about myself. All the things I get upset with others over are the very same things I myself am guilty of.

I have seen in myself the dark pockets of fear and hatred and greed and envy and lust and pride, etc... I don't know if my time spent here on IC is contributing to these feelings or merely illuminating that which is already there. Either way, this isn't healthy for me any longer.

Deep down, right or wrong, we are all of the belief that we are the good guys. When...in reality...we are all the same. We all have the same blood running through our hearts... All of us are right at times...and every single one of us is wrong at times.

To my many friends past, present, and future... I love you with all my heart and all my soul. Thanks...for everything :)

To anyone who has been negatively impacted by anything I have said or done during my time spent here...I am truly sorry.

More than likely, this isn't goodbye forever. But if it happens to work out that way...

Parting words [in my best Earl J. Hickey voice]...

What people around you do, is their karma.
How you respond, is yours.

Kokua/Sunny signing off... :wave::jump:

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gonna miss you Sunny!...but you have to do whats in your heart, I hope to see ya on the boards again someday :)

guineapig

Veteran
Folks, if you don't know it, you are witnessing the exit of one of the greatest ICers god has ever blessed us with......

I am so grateful for all the things i have learned with Sunnyside/Kokua's glorious posts......Sunnyside/Kokua is so kind and helpful, and truly a model for the kind of person i strive to be......

Hopefully Sunnyside/Kokua's legacy will be preserved and the Sunnyside/Kokua threads and posts will remain here at IC as a tribute to his wisdom and kindness.....

Fare thee well my friend!!!!!! :abduct:

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

GP has it right. Sunny has the heart the size of all outdoors and I for one will miss him. I learned much from pm'ing him before I ever posted here (different name). Without his help and kindness I would have probably just gave up. His pictures were inspirational to me. His eagerness to help, inspiring. Thanks, Sunnyside. I truly appreciate it. And tell Kokua hi next time you look in the mirror. lol

G

grapepunched

Sunny,

I have enjoyed your posts, and I think you just experiencing some normal internal dilemmas right now... I wish you the best and hope that one day you shall return stronger than you left. Peace be with you.

-gp

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Hate to see you stepping into the night Sunnyside. You know where I am when you get this way. Be safe...and stay that way!!!

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
DAymn Sunnyside,please be safe and comeback asap...this bother's me...........Mm

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
We must all walk our paths in our own ways and times, may yours lead you where you need to be.

Your post here displays much truth, truth about each of us. We all have these demons, some see them, some will, and some see only the pretty face in the mirror. I might posit the thought that the fact that you are aware, concerned, and wanting to improve, makes you an asset to our community here and our culture.

Return.
H

Sleepy

Veteran
we'll keep the light on for ya!

we'll keep the light on for ya!

Best Wishes to you, sunnyside.

you have helped many, and will be missed. :badday:

southwind

may the road..

may the road..

be smooth, may the sun be with you to warm you, the rain and breeze to cool you..may the road lead you to your dreams and to the calm center of things

and may it lead you again..
to here.

you will be missed by me.

sw

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Bye-a Sunnyside :nono:
I fully understand, I will miss your companionship your kindness and your knowledge. Thanks for your kind attention to me and my garden. :friends::wave:

If you find yourself around, give a yell...

H

Hal

Hey Sunnyside...

I lurk more than participate here at IC. One of the reasons I keep to myself is that I don't have nearly the experience that many folks here have, and I have always been one to keep my ears and eyes open and keep my mouth (or here...fingers) still. I don't become well known, but it does help me negotiate the learning curves up ahead.

I was reading another thread, and was alerted to the farewell being delivered by an important member of the IC community. After reading the "so-longs" here, and not being able to figure out why you were choosing to hit the road, I decided to have a look at your previous posts. You have a veritable shitload of posts, so I wasn't able to read very many of 'em....but, what came through the posts I did read was a person who had the heart of a teacher, who had much experience to teach with, and had no appetite for the vitriol which colors the flame-wars that so many threads erupt into. You ooze quality, my friend, and if you leave IC, it will be a shitty day.

So, I can't say good-bye the way the others here have, that would be kinda fake since I've never shared a communication with ya. But, I will say that its folks like you that make IC a worthwhile place, and if you leave it will not be as good anymore. There is much to be frustrated with here, as you mentioned above...all the fighting and arguing. But its people like you, and all your knowledge, that bring value to this place. If you have to leave, it will suck for IC. But if you feel that is what is best for you, well, please consider it a vacation, and come back and help us out again....as soon as possible.

O

olddrifter66

Good luck Sunny, I hope you find what you need.

Stay safe and stay strong....

sparobis

Veteran
i understand very much why you are bailing,i lurk more than post also,it's no fun anymore and people are just going bonkers,me also but,your doing the right thing in your heart and good luck to you!
peace
sparo

reddy1

ICMag Donor
i understand your reasons bro. you will be missed.

sunnyside said:
OGK
11002P1011354ogk.jpg

OGK
11002P1011338ogk.jpg

SK#1
1654P1010164skunk.jpg]
1654P1010164skunk.jpg

Mazar
1654P1010162maz.jpg]
1654P1010162maz.jpg

Blue Moonshine