What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6 mil clear plastic stuff to thick??

1tytersx

i used 6 mil plastic to wrap my green house. and im curious if it might be to thick. it lets light through but u cant see through it. The brand us ACE. They come in 2mil 4 mil or 6mil. should i change the wrap?
thanks

G

yeah it works...wont stand up to the sun for a long time...but it's cheap enough for you to replace...good luck

LORD BENIS

I would wait until it tears. I use 6 mil and had concerns at first, too. It lets in enough light, and like you said, you can't see through it; perfect for growing pot! Mine didn't last more than a year before I had to replace it. I'm actually going to be replacing it here in the next few weeks. I usually take off all plastic during the summer (Texas) and replace it when things start cooling down. I plan on using clear 6 mil plastic from the paint isle of Home Depot again; tried and true.

Yor420

Size Counts

Size Counts

I went to a hardware store, last year, and asked for a roll of 6 mil. plastic. I was heating with wood at the time and I wanted the plastic to cover my firewood. The clerk asked me if I wanted 6 mil. or Super 6. I asked what the difference was and the answer shocked me. He said that Super 6 was indeed 6 mils. thick and the 6 mil. was something less.

How can a store (this was a well known hardware store chain in Canada) sell a product called 6 mil. when in fact it is not!

That's one more thing in life I don't understand!

Latest posts

Latest posts