What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenhouse guestions.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Say im getting a greenhouse... well i put some thought and common sense into it.. what material should the greenhouse be because i want my plants to get light?

jolene

Wood v metal do you mean or glass v polycarbonate? Glass is clearest - but will get condensation on it when it is cold. Polytunnels with a thermal plastic is best in a cooler climate, probably glass in a hot one. Metal frame for more light, wood frame for heat retention.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
I just ordered a 9x9x8 flowerhouse for $300.00 bucks delivered. I got like 15 plants boomin in only half of it. The plastic breaks down the light evenly and distributes it so there are no hot spots on your plants. I would just buy one that you can put up easily and take down easily.

trybud

theres a pic of that same greenhouse in my 'flowerhouse of stash' thread. i bought my mine online from home depot...best money spent all year

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Hey jah. Sorry i only pop in the greenhouse section once in a while. I ordered mine off of the net from discountpatiofurniture.com. They have tons to choose from with all types of varying prices and designs.

theganjaplanter

currently im using pvc pipe and painter plastic, with a light "four foot 32wat florescent, and a couple reptile heating lights 75wat-100wat" to help the sun "lots of cloud cover right now" any opinions?

btw im trying 12/12 from seeds...

HerbMan26

On average what does it take to get a 4-6oz plant in a greenhouse setup, strian is Ak47 ,started from clone, using Promix HP in 1.5 gal pot with Advance Nute. I'd just like to have a idea, how long of a veggie time is needed, sqft and height. Added info or recommendations are also welcomed. And thats 4-6oz dry

G

HerbMan26 said:
On average what does it take to get a 4-6oz plant in a greenhouse setup, strian is Ak47 ,started from clone, using Promix HP in 1.5 gal pot with Advance Nute. I'd just like to have a idea, how long of a veggie time is needed, sqft and height. Added info or recommendations are also welcomed. And thats 4-6oz dry

Start transplanting them into bigger pots. Bigger pots= bigger plants= more buds. You can easily get 4-6 Oz. harvest off of your plants. veg them for a couple of months and then flower you'll be surprised with the harvest.

GCG

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
There was a fire and this guy had a couple greenhouses I know this dude to.. and he had some outdoor plants.. His soil has been worked with for over 10-15 years now its PURELY the best ever.. his plants are about 6 feet wide and up to 8-10 feet tall.. This years harvest He had one plant with 8 pounds total in the greenhouse.
Yeah the longer you VEG the bigger and potent the bud.. and more of it to.

Parallel

Theganjaplanter, from seedling you should have as near to 18 hours light as you can during veg period (seedling until start of flower). Go to 12/12 when you want to flower your girls.
peace out!!!

Yor420

Think Big!

Think Big!

Herbman26 toss those 1.5 gallon pails. If you want big you have to leave enough room in the pails for roots. I use 20 gallon pots and at the end of the grow my plants are root bound. I do use 3 gallon pails inside, in the winter, but when I'm in the greenhouse or outside I always "Go Big!"