What's new

"munchy" strains

G

Back in 2001 I went through pegalated interferon treatment for Hep.C and lost a lot of weight on an already thin frame.Years later I've gained verry little of it back.I'm 5'8" and about 110-115.I dont experience the munchies anymore,I've smoked consistently for about 30 years now and just dont get those affects anymore.My appetite is lacking,probably because my stomach shrunk that year I was on interferon.I wish I could do something about it,other than that I'm a looker lol!Seriously my current strains are blockhead and FS grapefruit,Ice and white widow,great strains but do nothing for my appetite.I rather doubt there is a specific strain that truly increases appetite for longtime smokers but hell its worth a try lol.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Indica's. I choose fruity tasting pot or just sweet organics. I like kushs, Blueberry, Super Silver Haze, PK, Sensi Star!, Skunks! But dont be fulled by falty names. Use your nose and look at the crystals with a LED light check out the heads....

But your nose never fails. Good luck... O ya i love grapefruit as much as Super Silver Haze.

20kw dreams

try lavender. it has a tendancy to not just give you the munchies, but make you HUNGRY

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
i have a lot of lavender crosses f1's. Lavender is a sweet and Medium yielder

hogwild

thats funny i would say a sativa would be more hunger inducing, one hit from a sativa dominant strain in the morning certainly gets my stomach growling.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Everyone is different... but most people would find Indica making them more hungry. As a sativa is more of a mental effect.... But all weed gets ya hungry. and everyones brian is different. SO it can effect someone else completly different...

G

Damn 103 lbs this morning,I have the total opposite problem of people my age(mid forties) thats for sure,you never see ads on TV about us bones us bones lol..Another thing!You overweight folk have it made when it comes to people not commenting on your weight,most people that havent seen you in awhile dont say "damn man,you got fatttt!"But be a thin man in todays society and either people wont comment at all because they're too busy trying to get away not to catch whatever the hell it is you have,or the relatives that havent seen you lately might say,"damn man,WTF happened to you!!Sometimes I wish I were a chub,just so I wouldnt have to deal with that goofy crap.On the other hand,lets see a chub pull wire and get up and down a ladder 400 times a day lol,being light has its advantages at my age.But damn 103?If I were in a mmj state and a doc took one look at me,he'd probably stuff a splif in my mouth.If I dont somke I wont eat,or at least I've convinced myself of that.The opposite could be entirely true but you know what?,I dont wanna find out lol.EDIT And O yea,where the hells marzy warzy???

Last edited:
The one and only strain I ever had that always made me hungry was Vic High's BCGA Orange Crush.. I NEVER get munchies while smoking pot except for that one.. and it had the same effect on all my friends.. the chicks had to stop smoking it because they were always afraid of gaining weight.. It also was a GREAT laughing high.. Unfortunately finding anyone with even F2s is probably about impossible because it wasn't a hugely known strain (Killer Queen took that award apparently) back then.. It was a cross between the 20 year old Cali O clone and Vic's version of Blueberry.. I think Chimera might be selling a similar cross that might possibly be the same Cali O cutting that vic used.. But I doubt the blueberry side is the same.. Good luck in your search!

ozaki

romulan makes me eat really big about an hour after i hit it. maybe it can help you.

also, try eating heavy before bed. it tends to make you wake up ravenous.

G

Actually this female seeds grapefruit that I just recently grew out comes as close to giving me an appetite as anything I ever tried.Maybe its that perfect cross of sat/ind.I doubted there was a specific strain that possessed those qualities but hell it was worth a try.Orange crush sounds interesting but you know I'm thinking now its a people specific/strain specific dilemma.

kurlyq2g

I have only smoked it but a few times, however, Federation seed's "Mikado" makes me pretty hungry every time. I have to avoid smoking it after a meal or i WILL over eat.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
smilin bob said:
Damn 103 lbs this morning,I have the total opposite problem of people my age(mid forties) thats for sure,you never see ads on TV about us bones us bones lol..Another thing!You overweight folk have it made when it comes to people not commenting on your weight,most people that havent seen you in awhile dont say "damn man,you got fatttt!"But be a thin man in todays society and either people wont comment at all because they're too busy trying to get away not to catch whatever the hell it is you have,or the relatives that havent seen you lately might say,"damn man,WTF happened to you!!Sometimes I wish I were a chub,just so I wouldnt have to deal with that goofy crap.On the other hand,lets see a chub pull wire and get up and down a ladder 400 times a day lol,being light has its advantages at my age.But damn 103?If I were in a mmj state and a doc took one look at me,he'd probably stuff a splif in my mouth.If I dont somke I wont eat,or at least I've convinced myself of that.The opposite could be entirely true but you know what?,I dont wanna find out lol.EDIT And O yea,where the hells marzy warzy???

U may need hospital help. I don't know how tall you are. but that is way to skinny. you may be severely dehydrated. I highly suggest you take emergency action and talk with your doc or go to the ER.

Good luck

SCF

G

I can go to 92 lbs according to my doc,pretty ridiculous huh.I'm actually back up to 106,I dont get it but I'm tired of trying to understand why,I'm healthy just skinny.I've been through the stomach pills,tests with entrances through both orafices,and I'm just tired of it all.I asked two docs for marinol for the hell of it,they laughed.Not that I'd use it I tried 2 10 mg pills once and it was like a placebo.If anyhting ever happens at least I have these two doctors to verify I did try and do the right thing pff lol

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
ya the minute you mention marinol doctors look at you like a pot addict. I'm guessing real bad anxiety. Maybe just maybe acute anxiety. which is sever enough to cause vomiting nausea, cant eat etc.... Drink some insure. And maybe try talking with a nutritionist.

T

THCV

weed_snob said:
Arcata trainwreck should do it, forces me to eat.

i agree--more than bubba, or even og, if i smoke TW i MUST eat within 30 minutes or i am absolutely starving. TW is the most munchy-inducing strain i have ever smoked, and it is a sativa.

G

OK now I'm interested,everyone says trainwreck.First,how suited to indoor is it being a sativa?Who to oredr from,the doc?Gypsy?

T

THCV

alas, the true Arcata TW is clone-only. Reeferman had some seeds but that's all i have seen.

it grows like a vine and stretches 1-2x in flower. it's a little tricky to grow, but with enough support/trellising, it's fine. great for scrog.

Last edited:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Wicked Thread....same problem here.

Spark Jumper and Smilin Bob...man I so hear ya!!!! especially you Bob...add to that 6 cat scans and you name it. clean bill of health but I can still lose 10lb in my sleep. 6'2" and I'll vary from 140lb - 185lb in a month.

I am on the same search for the perfect strain to get my hunger on.

Thanks for gettin this started Spark Jumper.....ha..that has a ring to it.

Peace
BG :wave: