What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"And God said,"

KanMan

It is interesting when the against cannabis religious people approach me I say

See "[Genesis 1:29]" in the first chapter of the first book on the very first page of the Bible

"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

and for the most part they walk away from me very quickly, they give me no chance to provide them with written proof. Actually a lot of the people that come up to me with negative views on cannabis I educate them with the truth and back up my statement with print materials. Most appear shocked when they see the real truth. Some do walk away only wanting to get as far as possible as quickly as possible away from the real provided proved truth being offered them.

I refuse to let these very closed minded people bring me down.
I just remember a seed has been planted in all the people I talk to, closed minded or not, a seed that will be with them for the rest of their lives. For most that seed will germinate and grow one day.

Stand up, Speak up and you will be part of the morally right thing to do!
Be a part of change for the betterment of the whole world, no matter how small of a part you think it is, do it!

See http://www.newadvent.org/bible/gen001.htm for Genesis in the Bible.

Keith

G

Many churches are now supporting the legalization of marijuana.

Some support the legalization of all drugs.

paq

Kanman, i like how you think. You planted a seed in each and every one of their minds.

Now what if real intense researchers new that a minute with someone can plant a seed inside someones head. What if we planted seeds and created sparks on a global scale inside everyones head. Then the consciousness shift wouldnt be a shift, it would be consciousness.

Remember even your presence can plant seeds into people's minds. Just remember that public presentations create thousands of seeds per mind. Now what if the government knew about this mind seed planting, is that why public demonstrations end with people being battered and beat by police?

Guess they dont like people planting seeds into peoples minds, only they can plant the seeds they want.

Keep planting, someday it will be overgrown!

damakkus

West Coast ICer
It is truly between you and GOD wether it is right or wrong and no other man has the right to judge your actions.
So let no man tell you if weed is right or wrong for you. But the herb is here for a reason. GOD says to do EVERYTHING in moderation. :chin:

the protege

agree with damakkus. I am a chrisitian grower, and my only internal qualm with this, is that in the Bible, it says that we should follow the laws of the land. Now, I have also looked at the verse you have referred to and i believe it is a personal thing. I am a God-loving citizen who enjoys marijuana over alcohol, because I lose my inhibitions with alcohol. I am prone to making bad decisions with alcohol, but after smoking, I sometimes go through a time of self-introspection. I realize things I would like to change, and I definately feel more connected to the world.

I believe it is inside each person. If i feel like I am being pulled away from smoking, I have no problems giving it up for a period to look at life and make sure it is not an addiction, but instead a release after getting all of my daily 'chores' done, and that includes loving my neighbor. It can be exhausting with some of you out there! :)

I also get upset when people want to preach at you rather than engage in conversation about opposing beliefs. I do not need to draw a sword, to let the opposition know where I stand....

damakkus

West Coast ICer
We have been brainwashed with the secular world since the second we were born.

Not one man on earth truly knows GOD we only know of him. If we truly knew him we would not sin.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
With the greatest respect, quotes from the Bible would not convince me that God intended us to smoke weed. In fact, when I tried that tack on my mother, she practically bashed me round the head with it. I was brought up Catholic and learnt at an early age to treat all 'scripture' with healthy scepticism - mainly as everyone who reads it is capable of drawing their own conclusions from it, and 'proving' whatever beliefs they personally hold, when in actual fact it's about as far from actual modern reality as could be possible.

Problem is, for folks who don't believe in God, the Bible is meaningless. I've read it all - it was meaningless to me. Won't do that again in a hurry. Now I have friends who spend much of their lives online arguing about the merits of this and that religion - the rise of miliant Islam etc.

One of my friends is a fierce critic of Islam - and yet he insists that until I read the Koran, I won't be able to argue the case like HE can, and I won't be able to 'appreciate' the threat militant Islam holds up to the world. Remember, this guy is white English agnostic, and yet he's telling me that I must read the Koran to understand the issue. He's missing the point completely, IMO. I think scripture will tell you anything you want to know, all the time, and that's why I tend to ignore it.

'Doubting Thomas' was my favourite apostle, which you may have gathered...but even he was brave enough to admit he was wrong, once he saw some incontravertible evidence...:)

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Religion is a tuff one and truly believe to "each his own" No right or wrong just ignorance of simplicity and purity.

A word to the wise is that religion should come together and seperate from the government. It has been said that things will be truly corrupt when the end is near. It will be a matter of time before the perfect beast is in place and have total control over your financial, personal, where you go, who you are, your health, etc. BeWare as it is near. Big Brother will know everything.

How can any man judge another man from his beleifs? It is only what you have been brainwashed with since the second your life began. Imagine being born in another country with another religion as a child. You would most likely beleive what you were told unless it was off the wall but some peeps believe that too. GOD has built the perfect system of life and it is us that has confused simplicity.

G

Elevator Man said:
With the greatest respect, quotes from the Bible would not convince me that God intended us to smoke weed. In fact, when I tried that tack on my mother, she practically bashed me round the head with it. I was brought up Catholic and learnt at an early age to treat all 'scripture' with healthy scepticism - mainly as everyone who reads it is capable of drawing their own conclusions from it, and 'proving' whatever beliefs they personally hold, when in actual fact it's about as far from actual modern reality as could be possible.

Problem is, for folks who don't believe in God, the Bible is meaningless. I've read it all - it was meaningless to me.

Sounds like me a few years ago! If the Bible is meaningless to you, how could you expect Scripture to convince you of anything? Personally, it was also utterly meaningless to me until I saw the truth in Scripture, and that it does apply to modern life, every aspect of it, in fact. You could read anything you want into the Bible, but it says what it means. I do think that there are serious errors in translation, which is why I tend to check the Greek and Hebrew words carefully if I have questions.

I am a "Born-Again" Christian, who believes that God gave us everything on earth to care for and use for our well-being. My local church has a policy that anything not proscribed specifically in Scripture is a matter for the individual to decide. Not that everything is open to whatever you feel like, or what meaning you attach to things. This "policy" requires serious study of Scripture, reflection, and prayer. I know that 99% of my church would have a bloody fit if they knew I smoked cannabis, let alone grew it!

Today's world of relativism, hate, and deceit is circling the drain. I pray for the world constantly, and I think that we need to make this world as peaceful and loving as we can.

Of course, if you don't agree with me, then I'm an intolerant, bigoted, freedom-hating "Radical Fundamentalist". :confused: Just as long as you don't associate me with King George "The Decider" Junior, we're OK. I like discussion, and I won't push my beliefs on anybody, but don't get down on someone because they DO believe.

Maybe a Christian Growers' thread? Are there enough on here to withstand the hate? Love and Peace.

later, flip

damakkus

West Coast ICer
FlipMode, I was cool until you got to the point you say if only your church knew you grow and smoke pot. You are in the wrong church, need to tell your church to look in their trunk before they look in yours.

Besides that, church is just a money making whore in these end times. False teachings. I feel for FOOLS that fucked with our LORDS word so they can gain. Building these huge elaborate buildings when we have homeless and starving people.
I pray our LORD here today to stop this chaos. But his will will be done.

To me, fucking with GOD and his word is the ultimate worst sin and I pitty the fool that does.

G

damakkus said:
FlipMode, I was cool until you got to the point you say if only your church knew you grow and smoke pot. You are in the wrong church, need to tell your church to look in their trunk before they look in yours.

Yep, but I know they wouldn't ostracize me or kick me out or anything- I'd certainly have a good chance of convincing at least some of them. But I have to face the facts that most people are so very brainwashed by the propaganda that they will reject the truth, and I have to kind of pick my battles, unless prayer leads me to do otherwise. If I told them I drink alcohol, that would really cause a problem. I personally don't condemn anyone who drinks, I enjoy an occaisional glass of wine, but I do believe that alcohol is poison to the body and mind.

I actually had a great conversation with my Bible study group about industrial hemp and medical cannabis, they were very open to it. Not that I pulled out a J and sparked up, but I consider it a good sign. I've been gathering materials in a binder that I can loan to people to read and consider.

This is a good thread, I'm really enjoying how this ties into my current studies. Love and Peace to all.

later, flip :joint:

damakkus

West Coast ICer
FlipMode, its all good my friend. You are missing a big picture but its all good. May you shine when its your time.

the protege

Flipmode, I am on your page! brainwashed or not. If brainwashed means taking the word and trying to apply it to my everyday life so that i show the fruits of the spirit in everything, then so be it. And if it means that I meet at a 'corrupt' church so be it. It says like iron sharpening iron, so believers should sharpen one another.

To believe anything other than the Bible makes me a hypocrite if I am a christian. God says to believers, that it is his word.

The main reason I do not air out my cannabis hobby, is that I don't feel I should be trying to impress my beliefs on others. And in reality, marijuana is but an afterthought when it comes to meeting the needs of others, and trying to fulfill the plan that God has for me. (don't bring up med patients, I don't know any that want it, or I would be the first to provide for free!)

It's not up to me to convince people about the use of marijuana, if it hits a spotlight and someone else brings it up in discussion, I will let my feelings be known as tactfully and carefully as possible.

damakkus

West Coast ICer
protoge, we all have a specific path to walk. Every aspect of your life is done for a reason. I mean everything. You are where you are doing what you are reading this post because GOD has brought you for a reason.

tngreen

Veteran
cool thread guys! am really enjoying reading about how other christians view marijuana as it is one of my primary gripes about "The Church" as it is today. being brought up catholic instiled the lies about marijuana that are common in society. that is until i started thinkin for myself and questioning what i have been told all my life. direct prayer and personal reflection has proved to lead me well. i do believe more christians are starting to understand what has been going on and things will change. I also believe in order to get us legal, we will need the backing of all christians.

G

not trying to offend, but,
do you need a book to tell you how to grow weed?
do you need a book to tell you how to live your life?

To the religious conservative anti pot oldies, we give them the fact that if god created these things, we're not doing his will by barring them.

We tell the soccer moms that the only reason weed could ever be considered a gateway drug is due to the very fact that it IS illegal, therefore has the potential to expose someone purchasing marijuana from a dealer who deals hard drugs as well.

Most everyone today really seems more realistic in believing that pot and booze are imbedded within our culture now. It would be amazing if one day the illegalization of pot was thought of as equivalent to the evils of slavery back in the day.
Ok well, good smoke all.

P.S. - I normally can't stand religious fanatics, but if you advocate the decriminalization of potty pot potterstein, then I'd sit through a sermon (SP?) or two with you :dueling: .

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Another member pointed out to me that Cannabis has many references in the Bible, beyond the seed bearing fruit in Genesis. It is actually mentioned by name.

I, being no stranger to this here InterWeb, of course needed to confirm this independently.
Sure enough, I found this, showing not only the etymology of the word, but citing specific verses:
THE APPLES OF APOLLO Carolina Academic Press said:
Cannabis, usually thought to be of Scythian origin, has a much earlier occurrence in Semitic languages and appears several times through out the Old Testament. The word in question is "kaneh bosm," which in traditional Hebrew is "kannabos" or "kannabus". "Kan" means "reed"" of "hemp"; and "bosm," means "aromatic." It is now translated as "calamus," the mistranslation starting as early as the Septuagint. Kaneh bosm occurs also in "Song of Songs" 4.14, where it grows in an orchard of exotic fruits, herbs, and spices: on the "Song of Songs" as an ethnobotanical encomium of the entheogen. I occurs also in "Isiah" 43,24 where Yahweh lists amongst the slights received in sacrifice, the insufficient offerings of kaneh bosm; and "Jeremiah" 6,20, where Yahweh, displeased with his people, rejects such an offering; and "Ezekiel" 27.19, where it occurs in a catalogue of the luxurious items in the import trade of Tyre. Benet concludes that these references confirm that hemp was used by the Hebrews as incense and intoxicant. This conclusion has since been affirmed by other scholars. It is ironic that calamus "sweet flag," the substitute for the alleged cannabis, is itself a known hallucinogen for which TMA-2 is derived.

The book also discusses kanehbos' use in the annointing oils of old, along with it's unusual make up of other psychoactive compounds.

In Exodus 30,23 sq.,
Yahweh specifies the ingredients for the chrism, making clear that such
unguents contained herbal additives to the oil: Cannabis sativa (kaneh bosm,
usually translated "aromatic cane") is combined with perfuming spices
(cinnamon, cassia, and myrrh) in oil. ...

The psychoactivity of the "spices" in the anointing oil, in addition to the
Cannabis, deserves attention. Cinnamon and cassia are mild to moderate
stimulants. Myrrh is reputed to have medical properties.

So there is nothing remotely anti-christian about cannabis. As a matter of fact, according to the Exodus citation, cannabis is proscribed by God himself, and he gets rather upset when the offerings of it fall short...

"Isiah" 43,24 where Yahweh lists
amongst the slights received in sacrifice, the insufficient offerings of
kaneh bosm

So the next time they hit you with that, just stare at them in shocked awe and ask how they can argue the word of God and call themselves Christians.

You thought they were shocked before... :wink:

Last edited: