What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"OG Kush" Mystery Strain at Berkeley PCC

Hey....Has anyone else tried the "OG Kush" at the berkeley PCC? I got an eighth of what they were calling "OG Kush" there today and it was nothing even slightly similar to OG Kush in any way. However, it was something equally enjoyable, if not more. Extemely pungent on the sweeter side of things. Very very potent, and very frosty. Anyone know what strain this is?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Nope...don't know....but I hate to ask....although I must...how much was the shit?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
That's a nice price compared to the "OG Kush" others are mislabeling and selling for $70!!!

What's important here...is that you liked the buds....sounds dank....

However, it was something equally enjoyable, if not more. Extemely pungent on the sweeter side of things. Very very potent, and very frosty. Anyone know what strain this is?

good luck getting an answer to your question...

I've been legal for about 2 years now and I've never received authentic OG kush from a club. It's usually a dull S1, but sometimes is not even related to OG kush.

Since the hype has been crazy lately lots of idiot street dealers are calling anything they get that's good weed "kush" simply because it IS good, most people won't know that it's not kush unless they know a lot about bud, and people will recognize the name and synonimize it with good weed. Around here people love to call everything kush...my friends say "check out this kush i picked up"... it's always pretty good but it's not kush.

One of the biggest things I've noticed is people getting Erkle and calling it kush. Because Erkle is semi-kushy tasting and smelling...pretty dank...and sometimes purple people love to throw the kush name on it. Since I know erkle and kush very well it's easy to tell them apart, but the average person wouldn't have the slightest clue.

I'm willing to bet that almost half the people on here who have tried "Purple kush" were given something like Erkle, Purps...so on and didn't know the difference simply because those other purple strains are so earthy and dank as well.

Ogstradamus said:
I've been legal for about 2 years now and I've never received authentic OG kush from a club. It's usually a dull S1, but sometimes is not even related to OG kush.

Since the hype has been crazy lately lots of idiot street dealers are calling anything they get that's good weed "kush" simply because it IS good, most people won't know that it's not kush unless they know a lot about bud, and people will recognize the name and synonimize it with good weed. Around here people love to call everything kush...my friends say "check out this kush i picked up"... it's always pretty good but it's not kush.

One of the biggest things I've noticed is people getting Erkle and calling it kush. Because Erkle is semi-kushy tasting and smelling...pretty dank...and sometimes purple people love to throw the kush name on it. Since I know erkle and kush very well it's easy to tell them apart, but the average person wouldn't have the slightest clue.

I'm willing to bet that almost half the people on here who have tried "Purple kush" were given something like Erkle, Purps...so on and didn't know the difference simply because those other purple strains are so earthy and dank as well.

well said.

Ignorance is bliss, but to us whom know. DIY is the key. :joint:

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
I wonder if anyone knows the true origin of og kush. Sorry to beat a dead horse but i heard the 15th street kids near la Brea got it from the ethiopians. Anyone know the "real" story?

mark6699331

My guess is that you could buy 100 sensi seeds "Kush" and one of em' might be the pheno you're looking for!!!!

mark6699331 said:
My guess is that you could buy 100 sensi seeds "Kush" and one of em' might be the pheno you're looking for!!!!

If you can get a Purple pheno off of a White Widow seed...anything is possible. :)

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
mark6699331 said:

So it was sensi seeds then? It would make sense. I remember the La Brea kids saying they got it from some rastas in the highlands of ethiopia blah blah and it was sensi seeds all along? I'll be glad when this rage goes the way of g-13 and can be buried for good.

scrappy420 said:
So it was sensi seeds then? It would make sense. I remember the La Brea kids saying they got it from some rastas in the highlands of ethiopia blah blah and it was sensi seeds all along? I'll be glad when this rage goes the way of g-13 and can be buried for good.

Lol...

The story of OGkush can be found a lot of places now. It is supposedly related to a plant called dawg and came from colorado. It was crossed with some strain ( california indica of some type ) and called OG kush.

Who knows if its true...

purrpullkush said:
lol, 55 for 3.5, just wanted to see what it was ya know...hehe pretty great looking even if its not as labeled.

Thats so sad to think a med user has to pay that for an 1/8 in Northern Cali

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
Ogstradamus said:
Lol...

The story of OGkush can be found a lot of places now. It is supposedly related to a plant called dawg and came from colorado. It was crossed with some strain ( california indica of some type ) and called OG kush.

Who knows if its true...
I heard diesel came from chem dawg. Are these stories mutating? I'm just tired of the hype and I want history. I don't give a rats ass really, I just want those in the know to give a little.

chemdawg, is supposed to be one of the parents...the history of the lineage is certainly mottled with lies and halftruths....It's been around atleast 10 years...Definitely did not come from a seed company...

purrpullkush said:
Hey....Has anyone else tried the "OG Kush" at the berkeley PCC? I got an eighth of what they were calling "OG Kush" there today and it was nothing even slightly similar to OG Kush in any way. However, it was something equally enjoyable, if not more. Extemely pungent on the sweeter side of things. Very very potent, and very frosty. Anyone know what strain this is?

not sure but I did see that as well opted to go with something else instead!

roorer

The original OG Kush mom was scored from the bag seed of a freaky mystery bud from colorado called chemdawg.

This strain made its way into the hands of New York's delivery cartels. It was crossed with a sativa Skunk pheno and renamed Sour Diesel, as in NYC's famous Sour D.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
ya hightimes did a artical about 3 or 4 issues back regarding it. Not sure what to believe. Says he got some seeds out of a pound of some good herb from Colorado??? and grew um out and got chem dog. Then the rest is history they say. I dont know what else is in the og kush, but there are a lot of fakes out there.