What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DEA - Marijuana to remain illegal

mowood3479

Veteran
@ gypsy
I'd add the entire drug/alcohol rehab industry to your list.. Billion dollar industry that would take a huge hit without prohibition propping it up with constant court mandated referrals.

Do they have civil asset forfeiture in the UK?... Here in the U.S. Asset forfeiture is a 1.5 billion dollar (annually) business (as of 2010) may be higher today idk ?
They'll take cars, tvs, jet skis, jewlrey, houses.. Anything of value.

I'm a grower who doesn't want legalization (at least not if its going to be sold to the highest bidder) as it seems to be going that way (ex cops getting the only commercial cultivation permits). Million dollar permit fees and other such b.s.
The dea and politicians cannot afford to be reasonable when it comes to drug policy.
Not if they are going to afford their summer home on the shore n their mistresses apartment.
I wish I wasn't so jaded... But i have zero faith in the govt

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, and probably everyone who has ever made a dime from the sale of cannabis. Which would still go on, even if the plant was made universally legal....

Many growers don't even want legalization, because they fear prices for their product will drop considerably....it's an odd world.

Not growers... Sellers...
:biggrin:

Overgrow the gov & the price drops to the floor.

U

useless.gardens

they want to make sure those script pills keep filling up your cabinets. to make a schedule 2 means putting cannabis in the hands of big business & big pharma. just like another poster said , there are no schedule 2 rec "drugs".

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
If you can't grow anything but dogshit weed then yes, prices will drop through the floor. I use the analogy of the microbrewery industry to compare what I expect will happen when weed is open season.

Sure, there are plenty of goobers that are going to flock to the Bud Light of the weed world because quantity>quality. I also feel like there are going to be hoards of people who will choose to only buy the highest end weed that is truly unique. The important thing is to find your niche and master it.

paper thorn

Veteran
if they go to schedule 2 there won't be any worry of small growers competing with big growers, no growers will produce bud to smoke.

I want to hear one good reason why sched 2 would be better then sched 1.

hmmm?

I know a grower, who welcomes sched 2 because they have 60,000 sq ft of space and a good portion of that space is processing for patches and pills. They could care less about bud. I may work for him someday, but i know he's sold his soul.

Sched 2 limits his competition.

I think this is hilarious. How far behind and corrupt is the government?

This personally makes me happy as being in a legal state I've watched first hand how the government has taken the industry from the people who created it and sold it to the highest bidder while raping everyone in the process.

I think it's good everything is staying in a state of retardation because it's going to inhibit the federal government from getting control of the industry for at least a short time. Courts and law enforcement is already pro-weed out here on the west coast. So aside from tax evasion or fucking up on a massive scale, this shit doesn't mean much for growers out here. All this re-scheduling bullshit would have done is enabled pharmaceutical companies to take over the market and establish monopolies. I obviously don't want to see people in the South getting fucked anymore and I want a completely free open market to encourage innovation and work. But in the real world, these government fucks are evil who will never do the right thing, so I prefer they just stay completely away.

At this point I think the government can get fucked in anything having to do with weed. I'll jump through their little hoops to keep my legal grow. But they can go fuck themselves and die with their "legalization".

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I just hope that one day Cannabis gains at least the same legal standing as beer..

You can brew as much beer as you like for your own consumption, and there is a HUGE global network of brewers out there making all sorts of beers.

You don't hear of 'Guerilla Brewers', and 'Beer Laboratories' being taken down by SWAT teams, now do ya?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree whodat. In my business, which is not cannabis, those that prefer quality are willing to pay more provided you can find the right sales outlet.

Pretty sure you already know this.

St. Phatty

www.9news.com
The DEA will never give up on the money they are getting off travelers. They have been mining for information every travel plan in the U.S. They profile suspicious travel plans, mug the traveler for the money he is carrying, and give him/her a RECEIPT. In one case a woman was buying a new truck and had cash from the boyfriends retirement account. The feds took the money and she had to sue to prove that the money really did come from the retirement account. She eventually got the money back minus $4000 the feds kept (for handling LOL). I hear that couriers that lose the money are not seen again.

That kind of Wide-spread Mugging of Common Citizens by the US Gov -

seems an awful lot like a Civil War.

It also provides a strong moral argument for reducing one's tax payments so as not to Feed the Beast.

US citizens paid to set up the organization that is now mugging them.

U

useless.gardens

picture.php

TheMan13

Veteran
Marinol/Dronabinol is an FDA approved synthetic marijuana that has been classified as a Schedule III Controlled Substance for some time now.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shillary announced under her administration your worst nightmare. Schedule 2.

She is handing this to big pharma which anyone with half a brain could have predicted.

Corporate farms, sold in pharmacies and completely controlled by big gov't and big pharma.