What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new petiton forces westminster to consider legalization of cannabis

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers piff,,,
damn is there a possibility that the petition could reach half a million sigs in the next 5 months or so it has left to run?,,,,
all party parlimentary group for drug reform seem to be getting louder with baroness meacher popping up all over the place,,,,,
top establishment peeps like ex boss of mi5 plus ex leader of the tories all calling for reform,,,,,:)

Last edited:
B

bigganjabud

A legal cannabis market should be tested and drug use decriminalised in order to try a radical new approach to drug use that focusses more on human rights laws, a group of MPs and peers has said.

The All Party Parliamentary Group for Drug Policy Reform called for an overhaul in global narcotics policy, saying the "war on drugs" and "blanket prohibition" approach had failed.

It said experiments into possible models of regulated markets for marijuana should be "encouraged" among United Nations countries including the UK. In a report, the group said:
Depending upon the results of the evaluations, consideration may then be given to treaty reform to make appropriate provision for regulation of cannabis, and possibly also for other controlled substances.

– ALL PARTY PARLIAMENTARY GROUP FOR DRUG POLICY REFORM

Just seen this thought id share

Viva la revolution

mr.brunch

Veteran
203, 510 now

We really need more people to sign this.. If there are a million plus signatures when this petition ends it would really spark something,imo

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
47 mil voters in the UK. 200k can easily be ignored.
Tax revenue though, think of all those fat cats who would contribute to fund raising campaigns in return for licences and the competition regulated out of the game.
But that gets weighed against the money they get now from the alcohol and pharma sectors who now pass the envelopes, I mean legal donations not envelopes.

mr.brunch

Veteran
The assholes have responded:

The Government has responded to the petition you signed – “Make the production, sale and use of cannabis legal.”.

Government responded:

Substantial scientific evidence shows cannabis is a harmful drug that can damage human health. There are no plans to legalise cannabis as it would not address the harm to individuals and communities.

The latest evidence from the independent Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs is that the use of cannabis is a significant public health issue (‘Cannabis Classification and Public Health’, 2008).

Cannabis can unquestionably cause harm to individuals and society. Legalisation of cannabis would not eliminate the crime committed by the illicit trade, nor would it address the harms associated with drug dependence and the misery that this can cause to families.

Legalisation would also send the wrong message to the vast majority of people who do not take drugs, especially young and vulnerable people, with the potential grave risk of increased misuse of drugs.

Despite the potential opportunity offered by legalisation to raise revenue through taxation, there would be costs in relation to administrative, compliance and law enforcement activities, as well as the wider costs of drug prevention and health services.

The UK's approach on drugs remains clear: we must prevent drug use in our communities; help dependent individuals through treatment and wider recovery support; while ensuring law enforcement protects society by stopping the supply and tackling the organised crime that is associated with the drugs trade. The Government will build on the Drugs Strategy by continuing to take a balanced and coherent approach to address the evolving challenges posed.

There are positive signs that the Government’s approach is working: there has been a long term downward trend in drug use over the last decade, and more people are recovering from their dependency now than in 2009/10. The number of adults aged 16-59 using cannabis in the last year in England and Wales has declined over the last decade from 9.6% to 6.7%, with cannabis use amongst young adults aged 16-24 and young people aged 11-15 following a similar pattern.

Click this link to view the response online:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/104349?reveal_response=yes

This petition has over 100,000 signatures. The Petitions Committee will consider it for a debate. They can also gather further evidence and press the government for action.

The Committee is made up of 11 MPs, from political parties in government and in opposition. It is entirely independent of the Government. Find out more about the Committee: https://petition.parliament.uk/help#petitions-committee

Thanks,
The Petitions team
UK Government and Parliament

Absolute pricks.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh well,,,,,looks like they will ignore all those sigs,,,,,sad but change will come,,,,,s2

B

Baron Greenback

I note the government provides no links to said substantial scientific evidence. Is this because they have none and are in fact a bunch of lying right wing ****s out to line their own pockets?
Or are they waiting until their cronies have worked out a way of locking down money making opportunities before they legalise large scale growing for corporations?

mr.brunch

Veteran
There are no links because there is no truth or substance to what they say.
They were given advice by their top drug advisor (David nutt) and they ignored it and sacked him.
Typical UK establishment flannel.... "It's illegal because it's dangerous (not true) "
What about the hundreds of thousands of deaths from alcohol every year? And none ever from cannabis?
No comment, no recourse, and no one to debate with.
I am sick of this fake democracy shite that we have.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Our government will never be democratic. A bunch of booze and coke heads so what do you expect!

The whole world could legalise the herb but not here in Little Britain. We are the only country where cannabis has a detrimental effect on our health...lol!

B

bigganjabud

You are forgetting that we invade countrys and have the cheek to call them terrorists aswell

All because we wanted oil? Oh you meen extra oil because didnt we just find a shit load of the coast of scotland? Is this why the price of oil has decreased?

Fuck them very much im still growin 16 plants on an almost constant basis so IM NOT PAYING TAXES FOR YOU AND YOUR GRUBBY LITTLE CRONIES TO FIGHT PLUNDER AND KILL PEOPLE

NAMESTAE

LEAVE ME OUT WILL YA?

mr.brunch

Veteran
Don't get me wrong, I will be growing weed till they prise the seeds from my cold dead hands... But it would be nice not to be branded a criminal for doing something that hurts no one.

R

raspaul

It was pretty obvious that they were never gonna let any sort of debate go ahead and probably never will..
They'll shut it down before it gets anywhere near a debate and just use the same old propaganda like they always have done.
Even if we get a few million sigs on a petition I still think they'd find a way to shut it down regardless of who's in power.
They call it democracy I an I call it the babylon shitstem.

Blessed

Raspaul

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
OK
It was pretty obvious that they were never gonna let any sort of debate go ahead and probably never will..
They'll shut it down before it gets anywhere near a debate and just use the same old propaganda like they always have done.
Even if we get a few million sigs on a petition I still think they'd find a way to shut it down regardless of who's in power.
They call it democracy I an I call it the babylon shitstem.

Blessed

Raspaul

OK, so they knocked it on the head, doesn't mean that we should just bow our heads and take it.

The world is changing fast, there are new, digital ways to protest, and with a bit of intelligence, many different ways to protest and provoke debate by subversion and ridicule, not just "let's get some placards and hold a demo man" or unemployable students shivering in tents.

Surely a good viral/meme and, for example, creating fake news stories (a massively underused and absurdly easy ruse) causes more attention than most demos or pressure groups manage.

Some of the older scrotes on here may remember when a bunch of smelly anarchists and punks from the Crass commune in Epping Forest managed to fool the world with this in the days of photocopies and C90 casettes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatchergate

mr.brunch

Veteran
Damn right. Fight the good fight.... We have to show them we will not lay down and that we will never give in.
We are the ones with right on our side, and there are millions of us.

Latest posts

Latest posts