What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Higher" Education Anyone?

2mrd0xs.jpg

UNIVERSITIES IN COLORADO ASK FEDS IF IT’S OKAY TO GROW AND RESEARCH MARIJUANA

Higher education may be coming to Colorado’s colleges and universities in a way that most people would have never thought possible.

To date, the only federally sanctioned marijuana growing operation is located within a 12 acre space at the University of Mississippi, where government workers oversee cannabis plants supposedly meant for, “research”.

According to reports, Colorado colleges and universities are now asking the federal government to take part in the their own research in order to fill the gaps between bias information regarding cannabis and the actual medical benefits that are seen from patients whose only relief is from use of the plant.

As detailed in a letter from deputy attorney general David Blake, “current research is riddled with bias or inefficiencies and often conflict with one another.” The letter goes on to say that “it is critical that we be allowed to fill the void of scientific research, and this may only be done with your assistance and cooperation,” addressed to the federal government.

This initiated proposal from college officials marks an increasing trend in Colorado to study and research the effects of marijuana on the human body from non-biased sources.

Last month alone, Colorado was awarded $8 million for medical marijuana research to determine whether or not the drug is a suitable alternative to other prescription drugs that treat epilepsy, post traumatic stress disorder, and a host of other health ailments.

Reference: http://www.marijuanapackaging.com/b...s-if-its-okay-to-grow-and-research-marijuana/

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the feds want to control research. that way, they can stifle any positive discoveries made that might make them look even more inept than they do now. if you control the supply, it is not hard to send "test material" out that has nearly zero % of the desired cannabinoid. "oh, you want to study the effect of CBD on cancer? here, have some high THC product. good luck!"

NW Wheeze

I am going to school right now for Mechanical Engineering. I try to apply as much as possible from my classes to advance my knowledge of cannabis. You dont need no specialized Government funded bullshit to do science!

Oh yeah... and F**K obama and his free College for everyone horse shit. I served eight god damn years in the military to get my "free" education.

the feds want to control research. that way, they can stifle any positive discoveries made that might make them look even more inept than they do now. if you control the supply, it is not hard to send "test material" out that has nearly zero % of the desired cannabinoid. "oh, you want to study the effect of CBD on cancer? here, have some high THC product. good luck!"

This has been proven time and time again. Unfortunately money and power in high places (no pun intended) will continue to keep cannabis in chains until the Billionaires at the top can figure out how to monopolize the industry similar to pharmaceuticals.

Scroggy B

Just image how researched and well developed would the cannabis medicine be, if the plant could be patented by a single company, or if it was extremely hard to grow at home...
Anyways, I'm conducting my own research.. And so are many of you. Maybe it's what's so special about this plant.