What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

24 strains all gone!

Greenheart

Veteran
Hi fellow IC members. It is a sad time for me and I need some support.

Feel free to call me a dumbass or whatever I deserve it.

So here is the story.

I make my son an appointment for the dentist. Take him in and he gets a cap put on his tooth. The wife then proceeds to poke and prod me all the way home because she didn't agree, didn't like the dentist, hated the world, ect. Long story short about 20 minutes into the car ride home with my son in the back seat she says:

"and you love those god damn plants more than than your own son and I..." I tried to keep my calm as she proceeded to take jabs the rest of the car ride home. By the time we arrived home I was really upset and told her that I was tired of the "plants" arguement coming up every few months and if she didn't want to smoke anymore fine by me "let's quit". She is always on my ass about spending $200 dollars a month on my girls and the amount of time they take blah blah blah...

I trashed my whole grow. All 24 strains. Even momma with 18 grafts. I'm really depressed and now sober for the first time in 17 years. I look at my empty bloom and veg rooms and just want to cry. We are planning on splitting when our taxes come in and we can afford to get her into her own place but in the meantime life seems less. When I don't have to go to the 9-5 grind all I feel like doing is sleeping. So now is time for those lovely words of support, comments about my lack of intelligence, and all the hindsight 20/20 vision things you can think of.

K I'm ready lay it on me :shucks:

you said you're splitting up?

not do be a dick but isn't that a good thing?

then you can find a place to grow without some person telling you how to live your life.

and maybe grow enough to stop the 9-5... then your energy will come back.

the 9-5 and your old lady are why you gots no energy... move and grow some. you already on the path....

keep your head up.... you should have never trashed your strains... you never gave any out over the time to recoup now?

Greenheart

Veteran
you said you're splitting up?Yes

not do be a dick but isn't that a good thing? Truly is best for all involved.

then you can find a place to grow without some person telling you how to live your life. One of the thoughts that keeps me going!

and maybe grow enough to stop the 9-5... then your energy will come back. We all got dreams ;)

the 9-5 and your old lady are why you gots no energy... move and grow some. you already on the path.... Agreed wholeheartedly

keep your head up.... you should have never trashed your strains... you never gave any out over the time to recoup now?TY, your so right, I gave out the two best to some friends. 1 person bred the DJS BB so it is in mixed seed and the other person has a pure HDBH (which imo was my #1)

At this point it is a waiting game. I'm looking at about 5 months before I can start blooming anything again. I do have a bunch of seed crosses but nothing pure. As a last desperate attempt I pulled some of the DJS BB out of the snowbank and took it to my friends mite colony to see if it survives but out of 12 cuts we are down to 4. I had plugged my areocloner into his surge strip and at night he unplugged it to turn off the lights. 4 survived the dry spell and I'm hoping to salvage them but am not able to get over to the site as much as I would like. At this point I'm pretty much resigned to starting over from my mixed seed pool.

The other good news is I will be able to start fresh with a sterile evironment!!! I had just finished a battle with root aphids. I think I had finally won but who knows they is tough little bastards. I had to go systemic on their shiny butts.

I love your avatar Closet Grower and thank you so much for words of support. I feel like a douche for what I did to some awesome strains but done is done no taking it back.

softyellowlight

Good luck, man. Just in case of sour grapes, it's definitely best to be tearing down for a while... it's gonna be tough having none for a while but I'm sure feeling a life with more freedom again when you start growing without that monkey on your back will be nice.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sometime family comes first. i hope things workout for you. just try to keep things in perspective.

G

guest121295

Hey that sounds like my life minus the 9-5, I'm a 3-3!!I don't think too many folks are going to be too critical, its a common theme here, bitches and plants, who do you love more, well if I had to throw one off a bridge(a big one!) I'd have to think...Just be sure, for your own sake to watch out for your kid, stepdaddy town is poverty stricken ....My best wishes and onward to a new life.:)

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
damn cuz, sorry to hear about all that, but its for the best. dont worry about the growing! you have the best thing that there is to have and youll never lose it and thats the knowledge youve amassed over time.

and to say all that shit in front of your child was completely uncalled for. guess when it gets that bad its time to part ways for real.

you now exactly what to do and youll do what needs to be done, you know it just as well as i do, cant see it right now cause your bummed but its there!

just hold on for a while asses the situation and go for it when the time is right, just set things up little by little and by the time you know it youll not only be smoking again but it just may end up being some of those very same stable strains you are talking about.

24 though?! damned thats alot to have, i do envy that shit!! lol

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Sad story that happens to many of us. A couple of questions come to my mind...
I confess that i had to ask these ones to myself at some point in the past ;)
What are your views on your other-half criticism? Does she have a point?
Were you neglecting your family life because of your plants?
Why did you trashed your grow?Seems a bit passive-agressive to me ;)
Please don´t feel the need to answer me, i just wish to make you think about it.
I wish all the best for you and your family.
Peace and Light going on your direction.

Sorry to hear about this. At least your actions should show your wife that you care more about the family than the grow. Majority of my exes would get bugs up their ass when it came to my smoking and etcetera. I kind of got used to it considering the fact that the majority of them didn't smoke anymore.

AlexTrebek

jkasys.jpg

G

guest121295

Actually I'm REAL lucky, my wife puts up with my growing but she could do without my "grow friends'.The kids don't care much most of their friends parents smoke weed.Weed has almost overtaken booze, the general moral beat is pretty pro pot, hence my wifes acceptance.My kids and I skateboard together and I kick their ass(in the pool!) so we have a great relationship...so far!

The Revolution

Veteran
haha chaco Ididnt know you ripped it up! You must be the coolest dad in town, Skateboardin, Pot growing, Pops. LEGIT DUDE

G

guest121295

You should see the kids friends diggin' me in the pool barefoot! Last summer I scraped off all my toenails and broke my nose.:)

angel4us

ICMag Donor
positive vibes your way greenheart! im in same boat just my boat has a hole in it and im chain to the helm!! ive did the 2oclockin the morning cops are on the way bullshit throwing grows out the windows thing and ive finally said hell with it . no more life is way to short to get greif over gods sweetest plant!! rock on enjoy your gift of freedom!!!!!!!!!!1

jd4083

Veteran
sometime family comes first. i hope things workout for you. just try to keep things in perspective.
Family always comes first. You did the right thing, and you're right -- everybody is better off as a result of it. Kids and growing herb don't mix, not because of any ethical or moral issues necessarily, but because of the huge legal risks you're taking if you grow with a child in the house. Best of luck in the future. :tiphat:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Man rough road indeed..A grafted Momma??? Oh My...

Next Time?? just tell her she is right..lean over give her some love..unclip her seat belt...
And push her ass into traffic...Ladies this will work for you also..probaly better

S

SeaMaiden

Having a significant other that never gets jealous of the plants is a rare thing, when you find one hold on tight.
Having one who not only supports what you do, but who doesn't even smoke themselves, yet is willing to literally shave his head to go to bat for you?

PRICELESS.

Greenheart, you chose your battle. You did what you felt had to be done at the time and I can just imagine what it must feel like because I've had to choose my battles, too. Assuming the strains you got rid of aren't unrecoverable, once you're in the right place, separated and no longer fighting with someone else all the time, you'll be better able to do as you wish.

There is nothing wrong with setting priorities and choosing what battles are worth fighting. Nothing at all.

Latest posts

Latest posts