What's new

Where's the US vs Steele Smith thread?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
You know you're passionate about Cannabis when stuff like this makes you euphoric

This case is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

http://steelescase.org/

Did you know that normally, the jury is not allowed to hear a medical Marijuana defense? This means if you're dying and you're arrested by the feds for possessing a few pounds which are 100% legal in your state, the jury will have no idea that the state allowed you that possession and that you were not in violation of any state law. The jury will just hear the picture the prosecution will paint of you—an old man with pounds of an illegal schedule I drug with intent to distribute to little children.

Would the jury's conclusion be different about the defendant if they knew his state allowed him to possess Cannabis and that he was using it medicinally? Most likely!

The DEA has cancelled and rescheduled the Steele trial 11 times. This could very well END federal prosecution of individuals rightfully within state MMJ laws.

BTW I suggest reading the indictment:
http://steelescase.org/docs/US_v_Steele_Smith_indictment.pdf

It shows the probable cause used to secure a warrant to search the premises. In this case they had word from a snitch, and then saw that the windows were kept sealed to prevent light from entering (snitch told them this), then checked utility bills (compared them to neighbor's bills) and did a trash search in which they found pot leaves and baggies with Cannabis strain names on them.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
I heard he was granted ability to use med defense in court. Hopefully this will set prescedent for anyone else facing fed charges....

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
steele and teresa are good people
theyve been extremely influential in my life these last few years...
i remember getting the call when things went down that morning they got raided... horrible.... later on i heard steele got beat up in jail for not claiming some pruno that belonged to some other inmates.... its fucked
im glad hes gonna be able to use his medical marijuana defense in the federal case.
i hope the judge is open minded and sees things/rules in steeles favor...

poor alex... he was just some kid taking care of the clones & watering the plants...

i thought the snitch was an ex employee who tried to start a new c3 office in sandiego - did they ever figure that out? or was it the chick from wyoming?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
i thought the snitch was an ex employee who tried to start a new c3 office in sandiego - did they ever figure that out? or was it the chick from wyoming?

If you read the indictment (linked in OP) it includes annotations I assume by Steele's lawyer(s). The informant ("CS-1") is getting a reduction on his/her sentence for the info provided. According to the annotations, CS-1 is James Culwell. He was paid $500/mo to maintain the plants at the residence. This is on page 11 of the PDF. That fucking scumbag.

Latest posts

Latest posts