What's new

Colorado-Paperwork Including Caregivers?

.♠.

Hey all.

I just found out that I may have not been sending in all of the required info when sending in patient paperwork.

I care-give for some patients and have not been adding in a copy of my license with their paperwork to show I am their caregiver. I was just talking with another caregiver and was told that it was required to send in your license along with the patient paperwork.

Is this true? I don't see why they need a copy of my license also, is so though no big deal.

I am preparing to send in the paperwork for another patient, and am not sure now if I am supposed to send in the copy or not.

Thanks

Budsworth

Not only must you include a copy of your ID...if the caregiver form is going in separate from the original form (in other words...you're name isn't on the main form)...you need to have it notarized.

.♠.

Hey everyone!

Thank you for the responses.

Just to make sure that I understand completely here.

My patient (new to MMJ) has their paperwork with myself filled out as their caregiver. They send in the typical paperwork with a copy of their I.D. along with a copy of my (Caregiver) I.D..

Correct?

Looks like I better have my patients re-send their updated (read as: Including my I.D.) caregiver information.

Thank you.

GadgetGuy

On that link above it says a patient may not be their own caregiver. How are you supposed to supply your own meds if this is the case? That seems pretty vague. That means I can pick up a patient and grow their meds but I'm not permitted to provide my own?

I wish they would make all this stuff a little more straight forward. I just recently got my card and I'm a little nervous to start a grow because it seems like one week it's ok to grow and the next week they start knocking on doors and messing with people's affairs for no particular reason.

T

Tr33

On that link above it says a patient may not be their own caregiver. How are you supposed to supply your own meds if this is the case? That seems pretty vague. That means I can pick up a patient and grow their meds but I'm not permitted to provide my own?

I wish they would make all this stuff a little more straight forward. I just recently got my card and I'm a little nervous to start a grow because it seems like one week it's ok to grow and the next week they start knocking on doors and messing with people's affairs for no particular reason.

No, you just can not list yourself as caregiver on your app. you leave it blank and you are a patient who grows their own meds. simple as that.

GadgetGuy

No, you just can not list yourself as caregiver on your app. you leave it blank and you are a patient who grows their own meds. simple as that.

Ok, that's what I did when I got my paperwork filled out. My mother and I got our cards around the same time. If we want to grow our own meds in one room do one of us need to make the other a caregiver or are we good to go with 2 cards? Neither of us made anybody our primary caregiver.

Sorry for all the stupid questions guys.

Ty_Kaycha

I don't want to come off sounding like an ass but the directions are pretty clear on the form what needs to be done. Problem is people aren't always using the most up-to-date form. Whenever I have a new patient assign me as their caregiver, I download the a new copy of the form off the CDPHE. Note: got revised 03/3010.

CDPHE MMJ forms

.♠.

Ty Kaycha - You do not come off as an ass at all. I can be dumb sometimes. I must have looked over the "Mail this form with a legible copy of the patient’s and care-giver’s photo ID to:" part the first time and never looked back.

My patients are in the process or resending the caregiver form (notarized) with updated I.D.'s for both caregiver and patient.

By the time they open the first round of forms, realize they don't include the I.D., and send back notification they will be opening the second round....maybe. lol.

Ty_Kaycha

I used to keep a local copy of the form on my hard drive but realized it's better just to download a new copy each time....just in case & for CYA. Now I do keep a scanned copy of my ID on my computer so I can just print that out as needed.

GadgetGuy

I don't want to come off sounding like an ass but the directions are pretty clear on the form what needs to be done. Problem is people aren't always using the most up-to-date form. Whenever I have a new patient assign me as their caregiver, I download the a new copy of the form off the CDPHE. Note: got revised 03/3010.

CDPHE MMJ forms

You don't sound like an ass. I'm a recent cardholder and I'm beyond nervous. I've been living with MMJ for a large portion of my life and I'm used to it being illegal. I just don't want to get myself in a pickle because I don't have the proper knowledge on every tiny detail when it comes to the laws. As fast as they change and the fact I just got my card has left me wondering.....

Ty_Kaycha

My mother and I got our cards around the same time. If we want to grow our own meds in one room do one of us need to make the other a caregiver or are we good to go with 2 cards? Neither of us made anybody our primary caregiver.

Good question - It would be better if you didn't assign each other as caregivers UNLESS you are going to be going to a dispensary and purchase for both of you or you are going to be transporting plants for the both of you. Growing under the same roof, in the same room is fine. With the new regs, it looks like (still might change) two caregivers won't be able to share a grow room, but still two patients can.

In short - you all are good to go!

GadgetGuy

Good question - It would be better if you didn't assign each other as caregivers UNLESS you are going to be going to a dispensary and purchase for both of you or you are going to be transporting plants for the both of you. Growing under the same roof, in the same room is fine. With the new regs, it looks like (still might change) two caregivers won't be able to share a grow room, but still two patients can.

In short - you all are good to go!

That's relieving lol, because I already bought each of us a 1kw HPS and have clones vegging as we speak :dance013:

Thank you