What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

US Gov Puts Bid Out To Grow & Research Cannabis!!?!

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
But you know how they work, it'll take eons to even get it started - there's no oil involved.

Ah, but there is: hemp oil. But seriously...

The more I think about this, the more I think the government is finally seeing the writing on the wall. It's getting harder to ignore the scientific studies that have been coming out over the past few years on the medicinal uses of cannabis compounds. In particular, the studies showing that CBD and other cannabinoids kill cancer cells. More importantly in this context, most of these studies are being done in other countries. Maybe they're starting to get a little afraid that a cure for cancer will be found, and it will come from somewhere else. How embarrassing! We had the cure for cancer right under our noses all these years and we forbid people to do the necessary research. Oops, our bad. Maybe they're hoping to get some serious research going in this country before it's too late and somebody else beats us to it. It would be much harder to claim we have the best medical care in the world when we deny our citizens the cure for cancer.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
The article that Quadracer posted pretty much sums it all up. ElSolay has won the bid every year. Probably because he is willing to produce crappy weed,which is what the government wants. Dr. Carlton Turner was the first guy to grow it and he said that med patients would only get leaf. The whole program was fixed from the beginning. The government weeds is basically just like Mexican brick from the 70"s. It is a blend of male and seed-bearing females, bud and fan leaf all chopped up. To get the bid, you need more security than the Manhattan project had.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Does anyone know if this is the same application year after year or is this a new direction?
“Production, Analysis, & Distribution of Cannabis & Marijuana Cigarettes

Does anyone know if this is ONLY one bid to be accepted and, the same guy is always the benefactor? Or is this some new direction being opened up by the Obama Administration?

itisme

Veteran
HHHNMM!!! It almost seems the US GOVERNMENT has it's head up its A$$!

IMAGINE THAT!!!

Stupid morons keep arresting good people for the same thing they are HIRING people to do......

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Does anyone know if this is the same application year after year or is this a new direction?
“Production, Analysis, & Distribution of Cannabis & Marijuana Cigarettes

Does anyone know if this is ONLY one bid to be accepted and, the same guy is always the benefactor? Or is this some new direction being opened up by the Obama Administration?

This is the same old program that they have been doing since 1978. Dr. carlton Turner was the first to get the job. After he was appointed Nixon's drug czar, ElSolay took over. The job is put out to bid every 5 years. ElSolay is the only one who ever won the bid.

This is a long assed read about the Craker ruling, but will tell you about the program. It is over 90 pages long.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/294786/Medical-Marijuana-Craker-Ruling

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I can't say for certain but I remember a similar story of Canada taking the same "bids" and remember that hortiphram made a bid. Some thing along the lines of them being the most logical for the task but that bigger pharm companies kept lobbying for more and more requirements. some many that they made it impossible for anybody but the biggest to compete for the contract.

Does anyone remember this? Am I wrong? Did this happen? Or am I so stoned that I dreamed it? LOL