What's new

"Death by cannabis verdict is a first"

hempknowsis

Very obvious propaganda. Typical, "pot isn't the same it used to be" argument. Didn't they say in the union documentary you'd have to smoke 15,000 joints in 20 minutes to reach a toxic amount?

This crap pisses me off. Dumb gullible people thinking pot is evil, but will take any pill in any amount that the doc say they need.

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
It is 100% propaganda. Anyone who wants to see how toxic cannabis really is merely needs to type "marijuana or cannabis and LD50 into any search engine to find the truth. The studies have been done and are out there, and there is no way a man could consume such quantities.

Kinda amazing that the ppl who hold power & spew such nonsense do not have enough grey matter to do so before flapping lip ,isn't it?

Well, it just makes 'em look like they have the IQ of live bait - which IMO, they do...

Peace

Rockster

Shameful.If that were true he would be able to state the actual action of the cannabis on his system as being directly causative but he can't,the blokes dropped dead and he said cannabis did it because of his own ignorance and prejudice.

4 Dragons

Very obvious propaganda. Typical, "pot isn't the same it used to be" argument. Didn't they say in the union documentary you'd have to smoke 15,000 joints in 20 minutes to reach a toxic amount?
QUOTE]

Toxicity of Cannabis has been established at 15,000 pounds in 15 minutes. I have tried a number of times to get to this point but I keep falling asleep!

Hmmm, I have 15 free minutes coming up soon.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
QUOTE]

Toxicity of Cannabis has been established at 15,000 pounds in 15 minutes. I have tried a number of times to get to this point but I keep falling asleep!

Hmmm, I have 15 free minutes coming up soon.

15000 lbs of mexi-brick or medical grade? C'mon, that's as accurate as using a 'plant' of marijuana as a unit of measure.

Google LD-50 marijuana. Extrapolating from dogs, rats, and mice that the scientists have actually killed with ODs will tell you that it's a little less than 100 grams of pure THC will kill a 180 lb man. Some bubble hash at Oakland has assayed at 90% THC which means a little less than 1/4 of a pound can kill you if you eat it. Eat a 1/2 lb if you want certain death.

Yeah, that's 15,000 lbs of mexi-brick, smoked, but let's go ahead and try to remember that smoking isn't the only method of ingestion, shall we? Frankly, I don't understand why smoking cannabis hasn't gone the way of the dodo bird.

OldTroll

<snip>Frankly, I don't understand why smoking cannabis hasn't gone the way of the dodo bird.
Because there is no more efficient means of delivering the THC to the brain.

The Science of Marijuana by Leslie L. Iversen is an excellent resource.

-OT

KarMic

Is that strain available in seed form? or clone only?

I'm really tired of this "good 'ol hippie weed"...

</sarcasm>

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Because there is no more efficient means of delivering the THC to the brain.

The Science of Marijuana by Leslie L. Iversen is an excellent resource.

-OT

Vaporizer anyone? Why is it I can get so stoned I'm practically tripping from my edibles, but not from bong hits or vaporizers? Perhaps we have different definitions of the word 'efficient' because I wholeheartedly disagree with your submission. I much prefer edibles to any other form of ingestion. Titration is a bitch when you're a novice, but not a problem once you get the hang of it, and would be simple stuff if we had access to edibles with specific doses of cannabinoids plainly marked on the label. No cop will ever want to search my car or person because of the smell that smoking generates. Also, THC isn't the only cannabinoid involved, which I think isn't taken into account above.

OldTroll

"... smoking is the only method that approaches the instant delivery of drug achieved by intravenous injection ..."
Iversen, L. The Science of Marijuana 2nd Ed., Oxford University Press, 2008: Chapter 2, p. 43

There is no doubt that there are different highs from hitting a joint, a steamroller, or a bong, and a much different high from a vaporizer or from edibles. This can be attributed to the differing ratios of cannabinoids produced by the differing intake methods.

IMO other factors such as the smoothness and flavor and the visual of the smoke play a large part in personal satisfaction.

-OT

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
they already tried killing an animal with a large dose of THC to prove their point many years back... if i remember correctly the dog woke up 4 or so days later after they tried giving it a "lethal" dose.... :joint:

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
I find this extremely arrogant..

I guarantee well I bet this man had pharmaceuticals in his house due to his headaches and if any drug was involved in his passing it was one that can cause seizures in some patients!

D

DogBoy

I smoke at least twice that in a day, the guy was obviously a pussy!

Mr.Jones

There has never been a documented human fatality from overdosing on cannabis.[14] Information about THC's toxicity is derived from animal studies. The toxicity depends on the route of administration and the laboratory animal. Absorption is limited by serum lipids, which can become saturated with THC, mitigating toxicity.[15] According to the Merck Index, 12th edition, THC has a LD50 (dose killing half of the research subjects) value of 1270 mg/kg (male rats) and 730 mg/kg (female rats) administered orally dissolved in sesame oil.[16] The LD50 value for rats by inhalation of THC is 42 mg/kg of body weight.[16] One estimate of Cannabis's LD50 for humans indicates that about 1500 pounds of Cannabis would have to be smoked within 15 minutes.[17] This estimate is supported by studies which indicate that the effective dose of THC is at least 1000 times lower than the estimated lethal dose (a "safety ratio" of 1000:1). This is much higher than alcohol (safety ratio of 10), cocaine (15), or heroin (6).[18]

wikipedia ... many of you probably already checked out already

other wikis say you need to smake at least 150g!?

stimuli

The Federal Health Ministry of Switzerland asked Dr. Rudolf Brenneisen, a professor at the department for clinical research at the University of Bern, to review the data of this case. Dr. Brenneisen said that the data of the toxicological analysis and collected by autopsy were "scanty and not conclusive" and that the conclusion death by cannabis intoxication was "not legitimate".

http://www.norml.org.nz/article383.html